AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 12 21.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 30.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 30.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 3.57%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-29, 03:26   Link #101
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
I felt sad during the part where Jacob was eaten by those BETAs, such beautiful TSF had to be ripped apart by BETA just because the pilot was a NOM material
Don't worry...Communist industrial might can always make more :P

Cost of getting rid of idiot vs cost of new TSF....

Quote:
Lasers don't necessarily always have to accompany BETA attacks.
And not all Hive groups have Luxes IIRC...
Old 2012-08-29, 06:41   Link #102
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Seriously this episode gives so much material... For the 40K fans.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-08-29, 06:42   Link #103
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Images
Spoiler for About the Character and Opinion:
Old 2012-08-29, 06:55   Link #104
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Nah, in 40K there's a tendancy for hero units to have more powerful melee attacks than ranged attacks.

It's also a reference to a demotivator, in which an Imperial Guard Commissar, standing atop a Baneblade tank (IIRC), demands that they drive closer so he can hit the enemy with his chainsword.

To put things into perspective, the Baneblade is a tank that has ELEVEN BARRELS OF HELL. And the Commissar wants to engage in melee.

Madness? This is Warhammer 40,000.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-08-29, 06:56   Link #105
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Images
Her J-10 needs to be surfing those armoured units
Old 2012-08-29, 07:59   Link #106
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Reminds me of Lelouch of Brittania, which at one point had a company of KMFs under Jeremiah's command doing exactly that, since wheels are useless on sand, compared to treads.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-08-29, 13:56   Link #107
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Im starting to wonder if the Russians are even trust worthy after the events in this episode. Between purposely not stationing enough troops at the front and delaying the retreat order their actions makes me feel that they are willing to sacrifice their troops to keep the UN or any other country from advancing ahead of them in weaponry. Then there is the change in personality between Inia and Cryska (i agree with the previous speculations regarding hypnosis) The upper echelons seems to have a distrust of the UN, which is understandable given that the cold war mentality is still in effect. The leader in Russia are so focused on not being out done by other countries they are willing to risk not only resources but man power as well at the expense of the world. Its interesting to see how this anime plays up old hostilities and prejudices from the 20th century.

I def enjoyed seeing the Bo Fang Flight moving in formation with those huge ass swords. Get in close, make it dirty and make bloody. I can imagine how mobile their mechs most be in order to fight at such close range to the BETA. Im hoping to see more of them in the future. Speaking of close range gotta hand it to the Scarlet Twins chainsaws as an appendage. Hey whatever freakin works and it seemed to cut through the BETA like a hot knife through butter.

next episode Yui wont let Yuuya pilot this should be interesting.
Old 2012-08-29, 14:04   Link #108
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im starting to wonder if the Russians are even trust worthy after the events in this episode. Between purposely not stationing enough troops at the front and delaying the retreat order their actions makes me feel that they are willing to sacrifice their troops to keep the UN or any other country from advancing ahead of them in weaponry. Then there is the change in personality between Inia and Cryska (i agree with the previous speculations regarding hypnosis) The upper echelons seems to have a distrust of the UN, which is understandable given that the cold war mentality is still in effect. The leader in Russia are so focused on not being out done by other countries they are willing to risk not only resources but man power as well at the expense of the world. Its interesting to see how this anime plays up old hostilities and prejudices from the 20th century.

I def enjoyed seeing the Bo Fang Flight moving in formation with those huge ass swords. Get in close, make it dirty and make bloody. I can imagine how mobile their mechs most be in order to fight at such close range to the BETA. Im hoping to see more of them in the future. Speaking of close range gotta hand it to the Scarlet Twins chainsaws as an appendage. Hey whatever freakin works and it seemed to cut through the BETA like a hot knife through butter.

next episode Yui wont let Yuuya pilot this should be interesting.
at the end yui said she will pilot the 94 second . what if yuuyas defense for that is .... ill steal your tfs than
Old 2012-08-29, 14:17   Link #109
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
at the end yui said she will pilot the 94 second . what if yuuyas defense for that is .... ill steal your tfs than
I cant wait to see his reaction, im sure it will be amusing and im sure he will throw a tantrum. What i don't like is technically he still doesn't have any real live combat experience. In episode 9 he got a feel of what a combat situation is like but he did not engage the BETA directly. So we still don't know if he can handle the 94 sec in a direct fight with BETA. This was all about testing the new weapon and it was a success. However, i still fail to see the Yuuya's transition from Test pilot to combat pilot. Hopefully we will see it before the series end.
Old 2012-08-29, 14:20   Link #110
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I cant wait to see his reaction, im sure it will be amusing and im sure he will throw a tantrum. What i don't like is technically he still doesn't have any real live combat experience. In episode 9 he got a feel of what a combat situation is like but he did not engage the BETA directly. So we still don't know if he can handle the 94 sec in a direct fight with BETA. This was all about testing the new weapon and it was a success. However, i still fail to see the Yuuya's transition from Test pilot to combat pilot. Hopefully we will see it before the series end.
im gonna laugh if yui pulls the but u hate jap toys card on him and doesnt he have the hiest kill count from the last ep
and mayby now yuuya will get some respect

Last edited by black knight iust; 2012-08-29 at 14:55.
Old 2012-08-29, 15:57   Link #111
Bombo
TSF Fans

I like Stella charisma in this episode because now she my second favorite in this series after yui .
Old 2012-08-30, 07:56   Link #112
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Those people are just jealous of Inia and Cryska... God, even in war people gets jealous so easily..... anyway if he would be nommed that would the best part... haha...!

Lucky for these "eishis there were no Laser class in the past battles, if there were... there be no big head eishis but eishis hiding under bed.
Well those two do get a lot of special treatment.
A really strong experimental TSF and they don't even have to risk their lives on the frontlines.
The problem here is imho that they don't get that you can't send experimental TSFs to the frontlines and loose them before you even get a chance to see if they were worth anything at all.
Especially considering how a malfunctioning machine would cost more lives than it might save. - they just don't get that.

All they see is a shiny TSF that rips through all enemies like they are butter while they are in constant danger of being eaten.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2012-08-31, 21:19   Link #113
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomRavager View Post
Images
Next episode Preview

Next episode preview images seem to have shown up a bit earlier this week?
Only three for this week, huh? Oh well. Thanks for posting them.

As for the Active, the angle of the shot sort of reminds me of the scene in 17:03 of episode 9.

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-08-31 at 21:52.
Old 2012-09-01, 00:49   Link #114
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Anyone have a guess as to when Cui Yifei will be formally introduced to Argos Flight?
Old 2012-09-01, 10:52   Link #115
Destined_Fate

When Tarisa tries to make a move on Yuuya is when Cui Yifei will appear, it would be perfect timing.
Old 2012-09-01, 19:45   Link #116
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
When Tarisa tries to make a move on Yuuya is when Cui Yifei will appear, it would be perfect timing.
battle of the small breasts

Q. if yuuya is argos 1 does that mean hes the leader of argos
Old 2012-09-01, 22:33   Link #117
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by black knight iust View Post
battle of the small breasts

Q. if yuuya is argos 1 does that mean hes the leader of argos
That's a good question....and I got another to add to that - Isn't Yui also considered part of Argos flight as well, even though she isn't really a test pilot?
Old 2012-09-02, 01:01   Link #118
Destined_Fate

Yui is in charge of the team and her orders are absolute but I believe that they're grooming Yuuya to be the Field Leader since he has so much potential that would be wasted as a grunt.
Old 2012-09-02, 01:39   Link #119
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Actually Yui is not part of Agros unit. She is still White Fang 1 after all. She is the chief research officer assigned as the Imperial Army's Weapons Technology Development representative for the Type-99 and Next Gen Japanese TSF, but not in direct command of Argos unit. She still has to take and give orders through Lt Ibrahim who is the commander for the unit.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-09-02, 07:35   Link #120
John117xCortana

What does Nash Ura mean ?
Closed Thread