AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-15, 08:57   Link #1161
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
pray tell what did DmC do so right that makes it a solid title while the former is only mediocre?
Dynamic combat and more accesibility.
Top notch, Non repetitive, Non linear level designs.
There is NO BACKTRACKING.
The environment and the Visuals are stunning.
A story that is more understandable than some cheesy love story which is clearly a bleach rip-off.
Voice acting is solid.
Brilliant, bloody fun.

I'm planning to get this game on the PC but to my surprise, my friend bought it for his XBOX 360 and played it all day.
Edit: Gonna try testing it for Advanced combat.

Last edited by Vladrave; 2013-01-15 at 09:13.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 09:13   Link #1162
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
A story that is more understandable than some cheesy love story which is clearly a bleach rip-off.
Voice acting is solid.
Brilliant, bloody fun.

I'm planning to get this game on the PC but to my surprise, my friend bought it for his XBOX 360 and played it all day.
Well, for ppl like us waiting for the PC version, we have more than 1 week to go; the wait is really killing me.

Standing from a neutral position, it's kinda interesting to read both the positive negative comments. Definitely getting it next week.
Old 2013-01-15, 09:22   Link #1163
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Easy gratification and lacking in depth, color code enemies restrict gameplay options.

Quote:
Platforming segments uninspiring, glitches are a real possibility.

Quote:
Fair enough.

Quote:
So were DMC4's

Quote:
Lol, you want to bring up 'rip-offs' ?

I was unaware Bleach had any major love story arc, are you sure this is not because of the voice actors?

Quote:
Voice acting is solid.
So were DMC4's. Say what you will about Nero but Johnny Yong Bosch beats... Well, whoever Donte's voice actor is.

Quote:
Brilliant, bloody fun.
Heh, Bloody Palace not a dlc
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 09:28   Link #1164
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

1. Lacking in depth? Yeah.... Color code enemies restrict gameplay? A half of yes.
2.Platforming is way better than any DMC game and clearly more unique. Glithces? Who cares about glitches? Skyrim was released with full of glitches yet was universally acclaimed. Your point? Also, it doesn't hinder you from the full experience sooo..
3.Cool.
4.Yeah, but this is one is way better.
5. Want me to get to the point? DMC 4's storytelling is garbage. Also yeah you're right. Bleach doesn't have any major love arc of what ever it is.
6.Reuben langdon is the iconic VA of dante
7. Does that mean DMC 4 is not fun without bloody palace? Ha!
lol JK

Too lazy to Multiquote soooo.....
Old 2013-01-15, 09:33   Link #1165
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
1. Lacking in depth? Yeah.... Color code enemies restrict gameplay? A half of yes.
2.Platforming is way better than any DMC game and clearly more unique. Glithces? Who cares about glitches? Skyrim was released with full of glitches yet was universally acclaimed. Your point?
3.Cool.
4.Yeah, but this is one is better.
5.Reuben langdon is the VA of dante
6. Does that mean DMC 4 is not fun without bloody palace? Ha!
lol JK

Too lazy to Multiquote soooo.....
2. Doesn't make it right. So you would pay full price for unfinished game? Also, Skyrim was a HUGE open world game, DmC is a single player game and they still can't get it right?
(Also, the whole pulling mechanic was done with Nero as well so it's not that unique)

4. But the other one is prettier.

6. Just making a pun
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 09:35   Link #1166
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

2. Still doesn't hinder you from the full experience. Also the glitches is funny and will entertain you

4. Meh. Okay maybe berial beat all DmC bosses in terms of design and his visuals but still....

6. WHAAAAAT?! lol
Old 2013-01-15, 10:28   Link #1167
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I have a question. If this DMC had Dante living 3 or so years under Mundus' cronies who were beating the ever loving crap out of him, how come they didn't just kill him then? It's not like they hate him that much to put him through extended damnation. A year, two tops then just lop his head off? He's an abberration considered something unwanted, you'd think they would burn him to ashes the chance they get instead of letting him rot.

Or am I just thinking too much?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 10:35   Link #1168
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

The revisionism being exhibited by reviewers and a lot of "anti-haters" is pretty fucking depressing, I gotta say. (It's really awful when you consider, oh, Kotaku's treatment of the recent Ubisoft titles as compared to their treatment of this. Capcom must have paid them more.)
I don't want to play DmC and probably never will, and while I can understand why it would appeal to some people I doubt its myriad problems that have been pointed out ad infinitum long before release have suddenly vanished.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 10:56   Link #1169
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I have a question. If this DMC had Dante living 3 or so years under Mundus' cronies who were beating the ever loving crap out of him, how come they didn't just kill him then? It's not like they hate him that much to put him through extended damnation. A year, two tops then just lop his head off? He's an abberration considered something unwanted, you'd think they would burn him to ashes the chance they get instead of letting him rot.

Or am I just thinking too much?
I only watched the vids but apparently, they couldn't get a firm grip on his whereabouts
Old 2013-01-15, 11:26   Link #1170
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Feels even slower than Kingdom Hearts to me. You want accessible? That game is better at it as well.

Quote:
Voice acting is solid.
Ah, yes the story.

"You can't kill him Dante. He's immortal, just like his father!"

and
"I AM MUNDUS"
"You're an asshole!"

I'll give you "understandable", but then again... so is Bleach. The problem is everything else.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 11:28   Link #1171
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So much retconning... Last I heard they had him in the system/orphanages since his mom was killed by Mundus. They could have killed him anytime between that and his escape. Then again... Retcon
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 11:33   Link #1172
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I thought the story to DMC 3 and DMC 4 was pretty easy to understand. DmC's story takes itself super seriously but the bad writing makes it hard to take it seriously to say the least. DmC's whole set up is based off of They Live.
Old 2013-01-15, 12:09   Link #1173
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

I like how people are saying because the game's getting 9/10's everywhere it makes it far superior than the other DMC games.

I'm pretty upset like most are now about probably never seeing old Dante again. People will tell me to get over it and put up with new Donte, but they just don't get it.

What's the appeal of this new Dante? I didn't want to hate him, I didn't want to hate this game, but I'm just not seeing anything good about him.
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 13:45   Link #1174
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette Cherry View Post
I like how people are saying because the game's getting 9/10's everywhere it makes it far superior than the other DMC games.
Like I said, it's just revisionism. It's getting high scores because the publishers put a lot of money into advertising, not because the game is actually good.
It's really too bad that people still can't understand that a game's Metacritic score has nothing to do with its actual quality.
Old 2013-01-15, 13:57   Link #1175
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

In this day of age most gamers just base their opinion on the scores a game got and they just let that decide for them, which is pretty much what you said.

I'm getting pretty anxious about what's going to happen now with Devil May Cry.
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 14:25   Link #1176
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionette Cherry View Post
I'm getting pretty anxious about what's going to happen now with Devil May Cry.
If it actually does sell 2 million (and with the advertising and scores that seems more than likely) then they'll make a sequel. If it doesn't, they won't make a DMC game of any kind ever again.
Either way, the series that the old fans loved is dead for good.
Old 2013-01-15, 14:46   Link #1177
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
No one should get away with destroying an iconic character like that and support it...

If it was a different game, with a different name, it could be interesting.
Old 2013-01-15, 15:24   Link #1178
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
If it actually does sell 2 million (and with the advertising and scores that seems more than likely) then they'll make a sequel. If it doesn't, they won't make a DMC game of any kind ever again.
Either way, the series that the old fans loved is dead for good.
Or... they just won't outsource it to Ninja Theory again. They could just make one themselves, duh.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 15:52   Link #1179
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Or... they just won't outsource it to Ninja Theory again. They could just make one themselves, duh.
If they wanted to do that they would have done it to begin with. DmC would seem to me to be Capcom's attempt to "breathe new life" into the series.
Old 2013-01-15, 16:25   Link #1180
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Feels even slower than Kingdom Hearts to me. You want accessible? That game is better at it as well.
We're talking about Devil may cry not kingdom hearts. Also kingdom hearts is an action RPG and Devil may cry is a stylish beat em up hack n' slash.