Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2006-10-24, 18:25   Link #321
ryaken

Send a message via MSN to ryaken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsoor View Post
So as not to be totally unrelated (or too related, as I like to think), I'm unsure whether Lelouch and Karen will have any romantic connection in the course of the series. Karen might fall for him, but I think it would be unrequited. Lelouch seems the type who won't let people come close to him, and as I don't think this series will follow the path of delicious crippled incest, the most likely suspect would have to be C.C., who would be close to him unwillingly, in a way.
Definitely! Lelouch is a man with determination, his eyes tell the tale. After the first couple episodes I said to myself, 'this is like Che Guevara with a Gundam'. For me, there's a lot of uncertainty about what actions Lelouch will take, but he's quite avid and aggressive when it comes to battles. The action is good, but seeing the intellectual battles should be entertaining.

I almost didn't enjoy the second ep, but the final scene where Lelouche cuts directly to the Prince brought about some good intrigue. I can feel the heat ^^
ryaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 18:33   Link #322
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang

The ED CD has been released, and I finally know what the lyrics are... ~_~

Hero Youth Song
by ALI PROJECT
Words by Takarano Arika
Music by Katakura Mikiya

Going along the animal trail, oh lions, oh tigers, roar
A splendid place at the far side of the glowing sky
For the youth that wanders in the loneliness of imprisonment
Are weakness and anger its formless enemies?
Oh father, I still
Hardly know myself

If I chase the invisible backs
Of my elder brothers who go before me
On the one night when I’m lost, the morning star lures me

Even as I yearn for a dream
That doesn’t end after I die
The definite you are indeed my life

In the wilderness of gales, oh butterflies, oh flowers, live
An illusion that blooms along with the eternal spring
Even if my body is stained by the turbid purity
Please believe in my heart’s brocade
Oh mother, I shall never
Show my tears
The dew on the grass at my feet won't disappear

Yuukyou Seishunka
by ALI PROJECT

Ikedomo kemonomichi Shishi yo tora yo to hoe
Akane sasu sora no Kanata ni mahoroba
Yuushuu no kodoku ni Samayou seishun wa
Yowasa to ikari ga sugata naki teki desu ka
Chichi yo Mada ware wa
Onore o shirigatashi

Sakidatsu anira no
Mienai senaka o oeba
Mayoi no hitoyo ni myoujou wa izanau

Shishite owaranu
Yume o kogaredomo
Tashika na kimi koso wagainochi

Reppuu no kouya de Chou yo hana yo to iki
Tokoshie no haru ni Saki sou maboroshi
Kondaku no junketsu Kono mi wa yogorete mo
Kokoro no nishiki o shinjite ite kudasai
Haha yo Keshite ware wa
Namida o misenedomo
Ashimoto no kusa ni tsuyu wa kiemosede

勇侠青春謳
by ALI PROJECT

行けどもけものみち  獅子よ虎よと吠え
茜射す空の  彼方にまほろば
幽囚の孤獨に  彷徨う青春は
弱さと怒りが姿無き敵ですか
父よ  未だ我は
己を知りがたし

先立つ兄らの
見えない背中を追えば
迷いの一夜に明星は誘う

死して終わらぬ
夢を焦がれども
確かな君こそ我が命

烈風の荒野で  蝶よ花よと生き
とこしえの春に 咲き添うまぼろし
混濁の純潔  この身は汚れても
心の錦を信じていてください
母よ  けして我は
涙を見せねども
足下の草に露は消えもせで

The full version can be found HERE.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress

Last edited by Li Jianliang; 2006-10-27 at 09:16.
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 20:21   Link #323
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Considering that Scryed and Plantes were both pretty intelligent I would be surprised if the laughably blatant anti-western themes end up being the real point of the show. At the very least it will pull a gundam "everyone thinks they are doing the right thing/ fighting is bad/don't trust anyone over 30" deal but somehow I see this going in a less idealistic direction.

The map of America and Canada and the arrows was just too funny. Everything is just so overblown that I can't see this seriously being an anti-american/western commentary. However it would be really interesting to have the show twist into an anti-japanese-nationalist commentary.
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-24, 23:25   Link #324
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qcPhU-vzPU Looky what I found.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 00:15   Link #325
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Man, I watched episode 2 and Lancelot was really really lame. I don't know but after watching Lelouch strategically plan out the demise for all the britiannian troops and then having it upstaged by one super uber mech makes me want to cry foul, unfair, munchkin and mary sue.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 01:52   Link #326
bluerogue
PEWPEW LASER SWORDMASTER

Send a message via AIM to bluerogue
Episode 2 is amazing, if code geass was stickied, I'd give it a 10/10. The animation is top notch, fluid, characters interesting, and plot involving. There's so much going on in one episode.

I like the chess analogies, the idea of lelouch being a black king, a genius capable of leading troops as if they were pieces in a chess game. That ambush? Priceless. The way he checkmates clovis? Astounding.

They don't hold back with material either. If the series stays consistent with the sheer amount of stuff they animate in each episode, I think this anime is going to take a spot on my top 5 list.

They take the cliche 'big bad superpower' thing, and revolutionize it, making it something new. I love how lelouch is neither an amazing soldier, fighter, or superduperpowerful superhero, but rather a thinker who gets the most out of his abilities, and plays his moves out with a cold, calculating demeanor
bluerogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 01:58   Link #327
bluerogue
PEWPEW LASER SWORDMASTER

Send a message via AIM to bluerogue
About lancelot, yes lancelot is overpowered, but I like the sort of kira/athrun kind of relationship between both characters. Well kira/athrun isnt a good way to describe it because both characters subscribe to the same set of similar morals.

Lelouch/Suzaku are almost complete opposites of each other. Lelouch is a thinker, Suzaku is a fighter. Lelouch makes his moves with a calm, calculating demeanor, sacrificing pieces, and learning from blunders, whereas Suzaku is passionate, fighting for peace, guided by a strong sense of morals as opposed to sheer intellect.

Unlike gundam seed, I can see lulu and suzaku becoming bitter enemies near the end, they're almost polar opposites of each other, and represent two conflicting parts of the same cause; they both want similar things, but their execution is different.

Zomg, watch this series: it's good.
bluerogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 02:05   Link #328
nubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Man, I watched episode 2 and Lancelot was really really lame. I don't know but after watching Lelouch strategically plan out the demise for all the britiannian troops and then having it upstaged by one super uber mech makes me want to cry foul, unfair, munchkin and mary sue.

What the hell are you talking about? Suzaku kicked ass in Lancelot. It was his first real battle and he was only fighting untrained grunts who had inferior mech. The only reason Lelouch was able to take out the Britiannian troop was because he had tracking info on both sides and was able to form a strategy to take them down. If you want to talk "super uber" talk about Lelouch. He is god when he can control people or predict what they will do but it was shown what can happen when he's not able to control people...
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 03:35   Link #329
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

I'm talking about Lancelot being overpowered. Too overpowered. I was enjoying the show simply because both sides were roughly equal, the rebels had a lot lesser firepower but had lelouch to lead them, while the britiannian troops had a lot more troops and were better trained. But with Lelouch's tactics, they actually managed to win a victory. However, Lancelots overpoweredness has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth, mainly because I am not particularly fond of munchkins or mary sues.

Old 2006-10-25, 03:53   Link #330
wao
OK.

According to your sig, though, it may have been the God factor. >.>

Okay, I'll go hide in a hole then...
Old 2006-10-25, 05:06   Link #331
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Well, they definitely have the biggest cannon *lancelot*

Old 2006-10-25, 05:14   Link #332
JediNight
キズランダム

Episode2 was good, but I also was kinda like "meh" to have it all undone by the Lancelot. So the question is -- how long will it be before Suzaku or whatever his name is finds out that Lelouche is with the Rebellion and join him? Or will this be one of those series where the 2 best friends end up fighting to the bitter end knowingly or unknowingly?
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 05:57   Link #333
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
Episode2 was good, but I also was kinda like "meh" to have it all undone by the Lancelot. So the question is -- how long will it be before Suzaku or whatever his name is finds out that Lelouche is with the Rebellion and join him? Or will this be one of those series where the 2 best friends end up fighting to the bitter end knowingly or unknowingly?
Something tells me, like bluerogue pointed out, that Lelouch and Suzaku are more likely to end up enemies. At least Suzaku and Zero. Also there's no indication that Lelouch genuinely wants the rebellion, unlike Karen and her terrorists, Lelouch just wants to destroy Britannia for personal revenge. The way he manipulates people in ep 2 suggest that he doesn't really mind whom he uses to achieve this.

The question I keep asking myself is how much of the murderous intent is Lelouch and how much is C.C?
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 06:03   Link #334
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
Something tells me, like bluerogue pointed out, that Lelouch and Suzaku are more likely to end up enemies. At least Suzaku and Zero. Also there's no indication that Lelouch genuinely wants the rebellion, unlike Karen and her terrorists, Lelouch just wants to destroy Britannia for personal revenge. The way he manipulates people in ep 2 suggest that he doesn't really mind whom he uses to achieve this.

The question I keep asking myself is how much of the murderous intent is Lelouch and how much is C.C?
There's no doubt that revenge is what fuels him, but remember... he does genuinely want to make the world a better place for his sister to live in. She is more important to him than anything or anyone else.
Old 2006-10-25, 06:40   Link #335
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
There's no doubt that revenge is what fuels him, but remember... he does genuinely want to make the world a better place for his sister to live in. She is more important to him than anything or anyone else.
I don't doubt that what Lelouch wants is a better place for Nanaly, but the way he's tackling Britannia doesn't seem compatable with this idea. If anything it will backfire (especially if Cornelia arrives to wipe out Zero). As I suggested, the manipulative murderous intent may be C.C rather than Lelouch. Which would lead to more angsty internal conflict for Lelouch.
Old 2006-10-25, 06:52   Link #336
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
What kind of murderous intent might C.C have? That's the key question, I suppose. We already know why Lulu does what he did, especially since after watching episode 2 (and a little information from episode 3 summaries).

It certainly is going to be a shock when (or rather, if) Suzaku finds out who the hell he's been fighting against all this while.

As for the Lancelot factor....I suppose it's there to show Lelouch that he isn't in control of everything all the time. IMHO, a real 'wake-up call', since it's the first time he's doing something like this-Commanding real people into action. In fact, I was glad Lancelot came out. It might serve as a future lesson to him to 'expect the unexpected' and not to be too full of himself after some success.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 07:04   Link #337
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
I wonder if Suzuka is 'highly-skilled" or his a good pilot since the maker of Lancelot said his going all out while watching Lancelot rip apart ( not literally :x) all the knightmares.

Though even Suzuka says himself that "11" aren't allowed to pilot knightmares, so i wonder how he even got his piloting skills.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 07:12   Link #338
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
What kind of murderous intent might C.C have? That's the key question, I suppose. We already know why Lulu does what he did, especially since after watching episode 2 (and a little information from episode 3 summaries).

I'm thinking that while Lelouch had the desire to do damage to the Empire, it wasn't until C.C gave him the means that he actually begins to do it. Before C.C does the 'mindmeld' Lelouch is rather ineffective, seeking a way to strike back but being unable to do so. C.C gives him the powers he needed, but at the same time I think she's also manipulating Lelouch, or pushing him beyond his limits. The way he reacted to the memory of ...

Spoiler for ep3:

...suggests he's not entirely at ease with his actions. This is just a wild ass theory though...
Old 2006-10-25, 07:13   Link #339
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

^

Llyod's secretary did say something about Suzaku's track-records in simulations, so I'm under the impression while Former 11s cannot rise up to certain ranks in the Britiannian Army, they do have access to non-field Knightmare training.

The more I look at it, the more I feel that Suzaku is a bit of an idiot. It can be percieved that he's a nice, kind-hearted guy who wants a peaceful co-existence between Japanese and Britiannian, and the things he do once he became a citizen is join the Britiannian military (( that seems to be overpopulated with Purist Britiannians like Jeremiah )) and get subjugated to dangerous, lowly task with little to no chance of promotion despite proven capabilities? Sounds like a dumb choice to me.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 07:52   Link #340
Retsoor

I think it's a bit far-fetched to attribute Lelouch's alleged change in personality to C.C. Personally I don't think there was a change at all. We don't exactly see what kind of person Lelouch was before he received the power, only that he was very reserved. He didn't really let us show what he felt about anything. Only after he received a power that guaranteed he wouldn't be sodomized immediately after a hissy-fit did he let his true colours show.

Now I don't contest that he can be a good person overall but he is obsessed with his vengeance. He was willing to
Spoiler for episodio drei:
He is an egoist, and I'm willing to bet that his desire for vengeance outweighs his desire to make Nanally happy, or more likely, he might equate the two.

Also, if C.C. would turn out to be the nefarious influence on Lelouch this series would turn into an elementary ethics lesson, and I don't want that. I hate redemption through possession with a passion.
Retsoor is offline   Reply With Quote