AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 27 12.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 63 29.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 56 26.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 33 15.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 19 9.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 2.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.42%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.47%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.42%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-10, 13:37   Link #221
Ikonomi
∞て何だ。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Award for best scream goes to Jessica man what a set of lungs on that girl.
It's just like the line from Annie Get Your Gun. "Where do you keep all that air?" "..oh."

I didn't really get Battler's reaction, either. He's just like "this has to be a joke!" and then, five minutes later, "FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..." It seems like this anime has a reason for everything, though (given the source material), so I'm sure everything about the scene will fall into place.

Did I mention the inscription on the shed door was badass? Because, yeah, it was.
Old 2009-07-10, 13:56   Link #222
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonomi View Post
It's just like the line from Annie Get Your Gun. "Where do you keep all that air?" "..oh."

I didn't really get Battler's reaction, either. He's just like "this has to be a joke!" and then, five minutes later, "FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..." It seems like this anime has a reason for everything, though (given the source material), so I'm sure everything about the scene will fall into place.

Did I mention the inscription on the shed door was badass? Because, yeah, it was.
I didn't really like anyone's reaction apart from Jessica's. They all just seemed to be a little too calm and fake about it, considering the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scython View Post
Exactly my problem. At least Higurashi had those those expressions whenever the situation was critical or something. In here it just seems they were like 'Oh let's give her a messed up face. People like that'. It's like a twisted version of fan service.

My only logical reasoning would be her getting possessed by Beatrice as soon as she started reading. Would make sense, as you could see she had troubles with words such as ''messenger'', but in that letter were a lot of *difficult* words, but she fluently pronounced those.

IM ON TO SOMETHING >:O
I guessed that as well, but Maria was already showing signs of being unstable when they first arrived on the island. Find that bit just a little strange, as there's there's obviously more to Maria than meets the eye. She does seem to be sensitive to the paranormal, so maybe it is just possession in the end.
Old 2009-07-10, 14:18   Link #223
IcecoldAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuki_Kun View Post
Spoiler for Kihihihihi:
I LOL'D then cried.

I think these episodes are going along a little too fast.
Old 2009-07-10, 14:30   Link #224
sento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikonomi View Post
Well, that was the only thing that really irked me about the episode. In the novel, Battler is the one crying more, and his anger explosion comes right after the "this is a joke" line.

Here, seems that the writer totally forgot about him until 20 seconds later, and felt... strange. Well, maybe they will show his grief a little more at the beginning of the next episode, I hope.
Old 2009-07-10, 15:11   Link #225
yangxu

Hey guys, just wanna know which fansub group has the best translation for this anime... I don't really have the luxury to d/l every group's episode 2 for comparison, so I'd like to hear your comments on this if possible. Thanks in advance.
Old 2009-07-10, 15:13   Link #226
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yangxu View Post
Hey guys, just wanna know which fansub group has the best translation for this anime... I don't really have the luxury to d/l every group's episode 2 for comparison, so I'd like to hear your comments on this if possible. Thanks in advance.
well I love SEACATS but they're more of a quality group... if you want quick subs for this, gg subs aren't so bad

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
Old 2009-07-10, 15:20   Link #227
Unknown Soldier
:D

If you want to see people flaming each other on the Internet about which fansubs are better, check out the entry for this show on anidb.net...
Old 2009-07-10, 16:13   Link #228
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
NO! Kyrie!

Why? Too many important characters died to open up the round of slaughter. They should have just done with more fodders, though at episode 2, we can't really tell who's a fodder and who's not (for us that never read/watched the visual novel).

But Kyrie...
damn.
Old 2009-07-10, 16:21   Link #229
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
NO! Kyrie!

Why? Too many important characters died to open up the round of slaughter. They should have just done with more fodders, though at episode 2, we can't really tell who's a fodder and who's not (for us that never read/watched the visual novel).

But Kyrie...
damn.
Who will be the big-boobed white haired girl NOW??

Don't mind me, I'm mean~

As for fansubs, any sub would do but SeaCats is the best - majorly because they actually played the game themselves, so they would be able to translate things much more smoother. Unlike one sub group that actually subbed episode 1-1 and called Rokkenjima "Rokken Island"
Old 2009-07-10, 16:32   Link #230
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post

Don't mind me, I'm mean~

As for fansubs, any sub would do but SeaCats is the best - majorly because they actually played the game themselves, so they would be able to translate things much more smoother. Unlike one sub group that actually subbed episode 1-1 and called Rokkenjima "Rokken Island"
agreed

and AvianWing, I also love Kyrie so I understand your suffering

btw, a friend of mine who only saw her face, confused her with a bishie... is kyrie that manly?

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
Old 2009-07-10, 16:38   Link #231
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
and called Rokkenjima "Rokken Island"
...isn't that a perfectly valid translation of it, though?
Old 2009-07-10, 16:41   Link #232
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
It's too perfect that it's sound weird instead.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2009-07-10, 16:43   Link #233
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandakiara View Post
btw, a friend of mine who only saw her face, confused her with a bishie... is kyrie that manly?
It's just the hair, her voice and... umm... body shape, more than make up for that. =P

Old 2009-07-10, 16:51   Link #234
AvianWing
lol whut?

Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Quote:
agreed

and AvianWing, I also love Kyrie so I understand your suffering

No. Bishies are that girly X).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion
I know, right?

T___T
Old 2009-07-10, 16:55   Link #235
Auria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
It's too perfect that it's sound weird instead.
No, it sounds weird because you're used to Rokkenjima.

~~~~

A friend of mine who is an anime only watcher actually got emotional attachement to the the characters, making her feel sad for the dead of Shannon (because of George) and Rosa (because of Maria and she liked her). I'm happy many viewers like the show even if it's like nothing compared to the novel, but you really can't expect that. An adaption is an adaption.
Old 2009-07-10, 18:16   Link #236
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
It just sounds awkward as "Rokken Island." Normally, I'm not very fond of overuse of Japanese terms, but in this case, there are english language examples of using full Japanese names for existing locations.

Just take Iwo Jima as an example. We certainly don't call that "Iwo Island." So technically both "Rokken Island" and "Rokkenjima" are correct.. one sounds less awkward.

Last edited by Freelii; 2009-07-10 at 18:45. Reason: mispelled 'awkward' rofl
Old 2009-07-10, 18:45   Link #237
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Kyrie... manly? If anything, the only gender confused creature who should be on top of that list is Kanon. I freaked out when people started referring to him as "he".
Old 2009-07-10, 18:49   Link #238
Auria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelii View Post
It just sounds awkward as "Rokken Island." Normally, I'm not very fond of overuse of Japanese terms, but in this case, there are english language examples of using full Japanese names for existing locations.

Just take Iwo Jima as an example. We certainly don't call that "Iwo Island." So technically both "Rokken Island" and "Rokkenjima" are correct.. one sounds less awkward.
You know the Victoria Island? In japan it's called Bikutoriajima [ビクトリア島] so if they are doing this I feel like it's okay to do it the other way around ~
Old 2009-07-10, 18:51   Link #239
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post
You know the Victoria Island? In japan it's called Bikutoriajima [ビクトリア島] so if they are doing this I feel like it's okay to do it the other way around ~
True! As there is a counter example, my argument no longer holds water. Just seems weird to me to only translate it halfway.
Old 2009-07-10, 19:13   Link #240
Umineko
Omochikaeri!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auria View Post
A friend of mine who is an anime only watcher actually got emotional attachement to the the characters, making her feel sad for the dead of Shannon (because of George) and Rosa (because of Maria and she liked her).
Well I'm the friend she talks about ^^ I just came here after hearing so many good things about Animesuki. I really like Higurashi, and Umineko seems nice up to now, as well.

Episode 2 was quite good; better than the first as it wasn't equally fastpaced. But I hated it when I saw that hand with the ring on it, dead x.x poor Shannon, she's so cute.. and Rosa of course, as said above. Maria sure is weird though, and most others of the family I rather dislike =/ But I really want to know how the series continues, guess we'll see. And I don't want anyone to spoiler me, that's why I'm glad spoilers aren't that popular here ^^

Umineko
Closed Thread