AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-04-05, 12:27   Link #10961
Amuris

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
though the question am curious, did he teach chantless magic to his kids?
I don't know where it says but I'm almost certain it was chantless. Rudy's already taught children to use it and, remember, Rudy doesn't really get chanted magic. It's not that he can't do it, but that chanted magic is completely unintuitive and dumb from his perspective. It's the same with Sylphy. It was easier for kids to learn it chantless then memorize a random, long-ass chant.

As for Lucy needing tips from Orsted, Rudy needed help too. He needed Roxy's teaching for a few years and exposer to new skills (like with Orsted). Even so, Rudy still has to work harder than others in certain areas, like healing or barrier magic. He's not all around superior, him and his wives are a set of 4 with a balanced set of strengths and weaknesses. Each of their children will probably have their own little mix of strengths and weaknesses inherited from their parents. It probably won't even be restricted to rudy and their biological mom. Lucy might take more after Eris in skill (she already started mimicking her) and Ars might be more a pervert intellectual, mixing Rudy and Roxy. More so, Rudy, the moms, and even Orsted will now be giving them all of their help and attention. It'll be easier for them since they'll have people who already worked through and figured out things like gravity magic, ran ma, and everything to guide them.

They'll all have their own combination of different magic, sword, and spear skills...yeah spear skills. Once Norn finishes seducing Ruijierd, they'e probably going to have their kids play and study together. Once Ars sees Ruijierd's daugther learning to use a spear from him, he's gonna wanna join her. We all thought he was going to be into her once Rudy said Supard women look like a combination of Sylphy and Eris. Once Ars tells Eris this, she'll be F*CKIN BEAMING.

I am convinced that Rudy's family will be an army of mass produced BADASSES. Each with a combination of all kinds of skills. Akito gonna charge into battle soon after being summoned and Sieg's gonna pop in and f*ck sh*t up before he does anything with his badass armored trench coat (mk III, IV or so) and sunglasses and be like, "Don't worry, you can just sit back and watch (takes off sunglasses)...hero."
Amuris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 14:59   Link #10962
serbian otaku #1

Ok... So i decided to check MT after some time since i stopped at around volume 19 (i read it on BT app on my phone, and they don't put those volumes (machine translation) on it...)...

Ok... I just hate it when an MC dies, i hate it so much... Seriously... This will make me as depressed as it did when Seo killed Fuuka off... -_-
serbian otaku #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 16:10   Link #10963
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

He lived a full and happy life, accomplished everything he could possibly accomplish, surrounded by loving family, and died of old age.

There's really no reason to get depressed.
Some sentimentality, sure. But hating it is just silly.
Old 2015-04-05, 16:12   Link #10964
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by serbian otaku #1 View Post
Ok... So i decided to check MT after some time since i stopped at around volume 19 (i read it on BT app on my phone, and they don't put those volumes (machine translation) on it...)...

Ok... I just hate it when an MC dies, i hate it so much... Seriously... This will make me as depressed as it did when Seo killed Fuuka off... -_-
Uhh, please don't compared this with Seo's work, cause Rudy die of natural cause which is of old age after living an fulfill life, he didn't get kill or run over by some reincarnated truck driver that reincarnated just for the sake of killing him like in the previous life. Compare the two is an insult to all happy/good ending/story out there.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 16:45   Link #10965
Amuris

Really, it's probably the most satisfying ending I've seen. No one's story should last forever. That just gives them time to lose all meaning in their life. The goal of the story was accomplished. You should be happy and, like me, getting lost in your delusion of the future.
Old 2015-04-05, 16:49   Link #10966
Sebazu

I'm still hoping we'll get a Julie POV at some point. I really want to see what her life from meeting Zenova a Rudeus looks like from her perspective.
Sebazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 17:03   Link #10967
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
He lived a full and happy life, accomplished everything he could possibly accomplish, surrounded by loving family, and died of old age.

There's really no reason to get depressed.
Some sentimentality, sure. But hating it is just silly.
Well, i get too sentimental... I have a very bad sense of direction by nature (i find places by building, not street names), and when Seo killed off Fuuka, i literally made a wrong turn in one of the biggest streets in the whole city (I live in the capital) and i somehow got lost... all because i was thinking too much...

Like i said, i haven't read it, only the spoilers, but if it's true that he lived happily (except some bloody battles), then that'll ease it a lot It's pretty good The skeleton of the story is pretty generic and lately overused, but the author made it his own, and he did it quite well Kudos to the author, he did a superb job using something overused and making it good

Yeah, i get too sentimental with books sometimes...

I also hope that at the end (when he goes into some kind of light), he doesn't have his memories in his new life (if he is reincarnated again), and they don't find his reincarnation...

Oh well, i'm pretty sure i'll be sad when someone like 7stars mentions him in this authors another novel set after Rudeus's death, but i'll get over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffyxnami View Post
Uhh, please don't compared this with Seo's work, cause Rudy die of natural cause which is of old age after living an fulfill life, he didn't get kill or run over by some reincarnated truck driver that reincarnated just for the sake of killing him like in the previous life. Compare the two is an insult to all happy/good ending/story out there.
Well, Seo has a pretty good potential for story telling But he pulls a lot of shit out of his arse so he could keep his manga going... If Seo wanted to make a ~100 chapters straight romance manga with some hiccups, he'd make a very, very good one But no... Look at Half-Half! I love the serialized version. The pacing is good, the story is nice, only if he worked on his endings... But i'm guessing his editors are making him do it. It makes his fans rage, which translates into manga sales...

Last edited by serbian otaku #1; 2015-04-05 at 18:45.
Old 2015-04-05, 17:42   Link #10968
Amuris

I never understood why people would call this generic. There really aren't new tropes. It's all about twisting or subverting old ones. That's what it did. We have a lot of stories lately that are subversions of reincarnation or world traveling stories, but this addressed something that, to my knowledge, wasn't done yet. The fact that being reborn with his memories, in itself...did nothing to change Rudy's life. It was what happened before that made the difference. He felt regret and he was willing to act on that regret, leading to his death. When he was reborn, his personality didn't change, he was motivated from what happened before he died, but he was still an ass. However, because he was willing to try now, to be involved, he met people and slowly changed. The things that made his life go wrong was here too. There was still bullying, his personality still had problems, and he would still have to deal with the things he ignored like death and loss. Because he was willing to try, because people saw that he was willing to try and joined him, and because he was looking at all of his problems from a new perspective, he slowly changed. I don't find anything that was important to the story to be generic.

Even the harem was more relevant and meaningful than what I've seen before. They weren't objects of MOE for the hero to collect but each one represented a meaningful triumph of his maturity while still being a companion throughout his life. Each one bestowed something to him that made him the person he needed to be.

From Sylphy, he learned companionship and courage. (courage to defend someone, not courage to arbitrarily beat up people weaker than him like Ichigo or something)

From Roxy, he learned humility. (or should I say piety? It is a religious matter to him...)

From Eris, he learned responsibility.

Last edited by Amuris; 2015-04-05 at 18:13.
Old 2015-04-05, 18:17   Link #10969
tpnguyen

I agree, this story is by no mean generic. Sure, It has some of the same setting in general. But that's just for beginning readers to easily go into reading, after that is a whole different experience. One big example is right in the Beginning (Reincarnation, genius, etc = in the trend) and the Ending (the main char finally DIED in a MEANINGFUL way = not some "live happily ever after with his harem")
Old 2015-04-05, 18:42   Link #10970
serbian otaku #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuris View Post
I never understood why people would call this generic. There really aren't new tropes. It's all about twisting or subverting old ones. That's what it did. We have a lot of stories lately that are subversions of reincarnation or world traveling stories, but this addressed something that, to my knowledge, wasn't done yet. The fact that being reborn with his memories, in itself...did nothing to change Rudy's life. It was what happened before that made the difference. He felt regret and he was willing to act on that regret, leading to his death. When he was reborn, his personality didn't change, he was motivated from what happened before he died, but he was still an ass. However, because he was willing to try now, to be involved, he met people and slowly changed. The things that made his life go wrong was here too. There was still bullying, his personality still had problems, and he would still have to deal with the things he ignored like death and loss. Because he was willing to try, because people saw that he was willing to try and joined him, and because he was looking at all of his problems from a new perspective, he slowly changed. I don't find anything that was important to the story to be generic.

Even the harem was more relevant and meaningful than what I've seen before. They weren't objects of MOE for the hero to collect but each one represented a meaningful triumph of his maturity while still being a companion throughout his life. Each one bestowed something to him that made him the person he needed to be.

From Sylphy, he learned companionship and courage. (courage to defend someone, not courage to arbitrarily beat up people weaker than him like Ichigo or something)

From Roxy, he learned humility. (or should I say piety? It is a religious matter to him...)

From Eris, he learned responsibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpnguyen View Post
I agree, this story is by no mean generic. Sure, It has some of the same setting in general. But that's just for beginning readers to easily go into reading, after that is a whole different experience. One big example is right in the Beginning (Reincarnation, genius, etc = in the trend) and the Ending (the main char finally DIED in a MEANINGFUL way = not some "live happily ever after with his harem")
Well, the skeleton of the story is pretty similar to plethora of other LN's out there, but this author did a pretty good job spicing it up.

I agree that unlike many other stories, harem has a point, MC evolves, isn't too conceited, and that's what makes it good.

I'll say this. I wrote this while being quasi-depressed, and i'll EDIT my comment now! Since Papakiki got me pretty stressed out with it's ending, my mind cleared, and when i think about it with clear head, it's quite good. That doesn't change the fact that the skeleton of the story is extremely similar to plenty others out there, but let's be honest, there're so many of them it's extremely hard to be original... You found something to write about? Chances are it has already been done! But, the author did a great job making it his own I wonder how will official LN version turn out, since it has editors and it's usually a lot better/more serious
Old 2015-04-05, 18:49   Link #10971
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpnguyen View Post
just want to point out MT ii if not the first to do the reincarnation thing is one of the first. MT was ahead of the pack before reincarnation genius became the next big thing.
Old 2015-04-05, 19:01   Link #10972
Amuris

Now that I think about it, with my rantings on the goddesses, the goddesses learned the three virtues along with Rudy and, afterwards, embodied them. Huh...

In the friendship Sylphy and Rudy shared in youth, Rudy learned to trust and rely on others while Syphy learned to care for others.

In the pupil-ship of Rudy to Roxy, Rudy humbled his cocky attitude and became more sincere while Roxy overcame her complex of being the genius student of her teacher.

In the journey...ship (partnership) of Rudy and Eris, Rudy learned to take responsibility for another persons well-being and Eris learned her drive and to devote her strength to a cause.
Old 2015-04-05, 19:29   Link #10973
senjiro
ecchi sage

Sorry but why i get the feeling rudy history in mushoku as "mistake "
from lilia spoilers she wanted summon akito(nana boyfriend) rudy soul stay near and he got reincarnate....
Also all work he did seems only the "hencheman " work for the people coming next...
Even if rudy is not shounen hero(and i glad for that) it left me a little wrongred....
maybe is my impression knowing rudy death(i was hoping rudy replace hitogami as human god fueeee)
Maybe i dont read many works where i see mc die(old and pervert untill he go)
I like very much this trip... but i wanted rudy and wifes replace hitogami in void world living quietly and entrusting mushoku world and laplace and more to their descendents and orsted....
Last vol i read ws 20 and the end feels a bit rushed? Like author wanted close rudy history to make other Mc(akito&lilia?, lara? Leo?)
Anyway this not change that is a grat history for me. Maybe cliched, maybe there are people who dislike the fact rudy is not shounen hotblooded tard.
Only waiting to ln not change much...
Can change all they want if add nanaoshi or ariel as rudy sporadic lovers....*run away from stones*
Mari the pityfull witch
senjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 20:22   Link #10974
evilgenius

i dont see this question on the thread, is one of my doubts, is there a moment when rudy tells his family of his otherworldy origin? or he maintans it a secret until the end? (orsted and perugius excluded)
evilgenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 20:48   Link #10975
Amuris

Quote:
Originally Posted by senjiro View Post
Sorry but why i get the feeling rudy history in mushoku as "mistake "
from lilia spoilers she wanted summon akito(nana boyfriend) rudy soul stay near and he got reincarnate....
Also all work he did seems only the "hencheman " work for the people coming next...
Even if rudy is not shounen hero(and i glad for that) it left me a little wrongred....
maybe is my impression knowing rudy death(i was hoping rudy replace hitogami as human god fueeee)
Maybe i dont read many works where i see mc die(old and pervert untill he go)
I like very much this trip... but i wanted rudy and wifes replace hitogami in void world living quietly and entrusting mushoku world and laplace and more to their descendents and orsted....
Last vol i read ws 20 and the end feels a bit rushed? Like author wanted close rudy history to make other Mc(akito&lilia?, lara? Leo?)
Anyway this not change that is a grat history for me. Maybe cliched, maybe there are people who dislike the fact rudy is not shounen hotblooded tard.
Only waiting to ln not change much...
Can change all they want if add nanaoshi or ariel as rudy sporadic lovers....*run away from stones*
"Mistake" yes, and no. It was a mistake that lead to Rudy being dragged into it. In the end, it seems he had a major impact on everything though. Don't think of him as a henchmen. That wasn't what the author was going for with the design. Remember, it's suppose to be arranged after that one Dragon Quest. This is the point of the story were we "play" as the legendary hero's father. Rudy wasn't acting the part of a henchmen, it was the role of a father, remaking the world itself for the benefit of his children.

Think about it. Will Sieg have to worry about bullying cause of his hair? Not in a world were houses are filled with children's books about green haired heroes. Will Lara have to fight the Demon God alone? Not with all the strongest countries and powers unified to fight along side her. He set the stage for his children to thrive on. His adulthood was the story of how he became a father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgenius View Post
i dont see this question on the thread, is one of my doubts, is there a moment when rudy tells his family of his otherworldy origin? or he maintans it a secret until the end? (orsted and perugius excluded)
He wasn't particular concerned about hiding it, though he didn't want them to know he was scum. It was only Eris that knew he reincarnated, since she was beside him while he was talking with Orsted. She liked keeping it a secret between him and her I think.
Old 2015-04-05, 21:11   Link #10976
evilgenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuris View Post
"Mistake" yes, and no. It was a mistake that lead to Rudy being dragged into it. In the end, it seems he had a major impact on everything though. Don't think of him as a henchmen. That wasn't what the author was going for with the design. Remember, it's suppose to be arranged after that one Dragon Quest.

He wasn't particular concerned about hiding it, though he didn't want them to know he was scum. It was only Eris that knew he reincarnated, since she was beside him while he was talking with Orsted. She liked keeping it a secret between him and her I think.

thanks! in what chapter she learns?
Old 2015-04-05, 21:20   Link #10977
yulinard

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgenius View Post
thanks! in what chapter she learns?
Right after defeated by Orsted for the second time. The same chapter with Eris start living in the house.
yulinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 21:31   Link #10978
evilgenius

wow i forgot about that, time to reread it
Old 2015-04-05, 22:07   Link #10979
dim1
God of Sleep

It's ended but there is also a new beginning I wanna see how it comes about.

“T-the truth? What was that?”

Having a bad feeling about it, Shia asked while her cheeks twitched, and Kam smiled while confidently declaring.

“90% of this world’s problems can be solved with violence”
dim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 22:38   Link #10980
krati

well i thought Akihito maybe be the next MC but isent he usles in battle? i mean he is summend like nanahoshi right? so he got zero mana sooo no toki no nothing or am i overloking somthing?
krati is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, fantasy, gods, harem, incest, og isekai, polygamy, reincarnation, seinen, time travel, true harem, webnovel