AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-05-02, 18:04   Link #61
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I figured Mika would come around but her backstory and her reasons for disliking Mitsumi were not what I expected, in a good way. I can certainly appreciate and respect the efforts she puts into staying fit and looking good, but now she needs to work on her negative personality. I can't blame her for turning out this way, but she's not a bad person and I'm sure she can become a better person. I particularly liked the scene where she realized the difference between her and Mitsumi: she had looked at the shoes of the two guys who acted like dicks in order to add their names to her "death note", and Mitsumi used the same trick of looking at the shoes but to learn the name of the guy who helped them instead. Really gets across how different their mindset are.

There'll probably still be some tension because pf Shima, but now Mika knows that Mitsumi is also a hard worker and that not everything comes easy to her like she wrongly assumed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Yamada, fight! Sure all the girls are pretty much there for just Shima, but Yuzuki went out of her way to compliment your shot, so there is that .
Yuzuki is worth all those girls combined.
Old 2023-05-02, 21:26   Link #62
grecefar

And egashira falls for mitsumi, you can't be mean to mitsumi and hate her, she is just too awesome.

Great chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-06, 21:57   Link #63
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

We all face our own battles, and Mika Egashira is no different. It seems that she "got lost" in her goal of improving herself to be likable to others and ironically it only strengthened her guard and made her unapproachable to anyone... except Mitsumi who sees the kindness in other people. I feel both sad and happy in the episode: sad because being lost in self-improvement after failing to make friends is a very real issue in high school life (something that can even cause mental issues that can spiral out of control), and happy because Mitsumi was able to make her realize that she is still worth getting along with.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-07, 07:50   Link #64
ryllharu

There really doesn't feel like that much to say about this series, but I am really enjoying it, and it is probably my current favorite of the season.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-09, 11:00   Link #65
Frontier

Fumi-chan is living the springtime of her youth! Which means nice weather and even being in love !

Mitsumi is mulling over what Fumi said about being in love and wondering if she'd ever experience something like that (even though she's basically in the throngs of her first love already, in her own way). But she has more important things to worry about than love, like finals !!!

Shima casually skipping some school doesn't surprise me, any more than it doesn't surprise me that Mitsumi doesn't take it well, because school just isn't the same without him. Though she does let her mind get the better of her and start thinking Shima is going to go full delinquent and audition for the next season of Tokyo Revengers (or maybe even Rokudo's Bad Girls!) .

I guess if being class officers is good for anything it's providing a private opportunity to clear the air, even if it also just demonstrates the different values and expectations Mitsumi and Shima have. And Shima ends up throwing Mitsumi's own words against her in probably the most passive aggressive thing he's ever done to her, and you can tell it wasn't planned because he realized he screwed up and saw Mitsumi was hurt by it. Ouch .

Of course Mitsumi tries to rationalize it and not dwell on it...only to do so and end up with bloodshot eyes and the worst temperament for fixing things! How very Mitsumi .

Is Chris his acting friend he was talking about? They definitely seem to be buddies and someone Shima can be honest about in a way he isn't with most people...and Chris can tell how special Mitsumi is because Shima's never been that concerned about his relationship with a girl before .

I like how Egashira notices the tension between the two of them and gives Mitsumi, I mean Mitsumi's "friend," some solid advice .

It was nice to see the two finally be honest with each other. I guess if Shima really is able to skip school so casually it makes sense his family isn't that involved in his life, though it does make me more curious about his background. It must be pretty rare for him to ever be that frank and real with someone too, which shows how special Mitsumi is. And wouldn't you know it the weather clears up right as these two clear the air between them and become closer !

"I think friends can feel that way too!" Sure Mitsumi, your blushing red as a tomato and scrambling away because Shima is just a "friend." Sureeeee .
Old 2023-05-09, 17:56   Link #66
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I can't find much to say about this episode. It was just really good. Mitsumi is in pretty deep denial regarding her feelings for Shima, but she won't be able to delude herself for long.
Old 2023-05-09, 20:12   Link #67
grecefar

her running at the end was hilarious and cute at the same time.
Old 2023-05-10, 01:13   Link #68
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

LOL at the poster on Chris-kun's wall - "Pomeranian Rhapsody"

Does anyone else look at Yuzuki and Makoto and think of Wednesday Addams and her roommate Enid Sinclair from Wednesday?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-10, 02:56   Link #69
Dop
Mmmm....

"Pomeranian Rhapsody" was great, but for me over shadowed by "The International game Brothers" which managed to combine a reference to the Blues Brothers with a reference to the Mario Brothers. That's not a crossover I'd ever have imagined!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-10, 09:13   Link #70
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
"Pomeranian Rhapsody" was great, but for me over shadowed by "The International game Brothers" which managed to combine a reference to the Blues Brothers with a reference to the Mario Brothers. That's not a crossover I'd ever have imagined!
Mario Brothers got drip .
Old 2023-05-10, 10:11   Link #71
Dop
Mmmm....

"It's a hundred and six miles to the Mushroom Kingdom. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Let's-a hit it!"
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-10, 10:52   Link #72
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
And yet, it works so well.
Old 2023-05-16, 11:36   Link #73
Frontier

Everything is coming up Mitsumi! She's finished finals, her relationship with Shima is going great, and she's even finally joined the student council as secretary! You go girl !

OP and ED subs! The OP really feels like it's from Shima's perspective as he basically describes falling in love with Mitsumi and why he did so, while the ED feels very fitting for Mitsumi's worldview and general personality .

Junya Enoki is the new student council president!? Sucks for Takamine though. She really wanted to win it .

I guess when it gets right down to it, it's always a popularity contest. Takamine puts in so much work and effort and is really committed to the student council, but a guy like Kazakmi is attractive, charismatic, and popular and that snags him the win. Takamine even put together a whole notebook of what she planned to do as President while Kazakmi is just doing it for school credit. Even stole Mitsumi's joke from her and used it successfully! Come on !

Although at least Kanechika was able to improve the mood by unveiling his amateur's first film at age 5 as he battles Kaiju Charley Horse and has to deal with his dad entering into the picture. Hard work doesn't always lead to success, but it's the thought that counts and you have to start somewhere .

I'm glad Takamine is starting to live a little and take a step back, even in her own organized way .

Shima better watch out, Nao-chan knows his name and wants to know what her niece is up to with this guy she keeps mentioning .

Mika didn't think she was that close enough to the friend group to get invited to a sleepover and Makoto didn't think she'd ever be the type to go to a sleepover. I hope we really do get all the girls together for a Pajama Party .

Yeah, Shima is a popular guy, especially with girls...and there's that pre-Summer Break confession rush that tends to happen. Mitsumi is still convinced she and Shim are "Just Friends" even though she has more mixed feelings about seeing him with other girls than she cares to admit .

I love how Mitsumi ends up asking Shima out on a zoo date completely unintentionally (or maybe more intentionally than she knows?). It's very Mitsumi .

Who is this Ririka girl!? A cover model!? And she and Shima are on first-name basis' with no honorific? I'm guessing Shima probably knows her from his entertainment industry days, but Mitsumi wasn't prepared for this .
Old 2023-05-16, 18:10   Link #74
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Why does the girl who is a professional model look worse than any of the other girls in the show? I'd even call her downright ugly. Is it supposed to reflect what she's like on the inside?

It sucks that Takamine couldn't become student council president like she dreamed just because some popular decided to run at the last moment. A guy who has zero interest in improving the school and is just doing it because it makes him look good... and yet Takamine is the one who needs to work on herself? I mean, it's a good thing she won't delve on it more than she needs to but I hope they'll show her forcing the guy to do his job properly.
Old 2023-05-16, 22:19   Link #75
grecefar

I'm sure I don't need to worry about that girl since it's obvious shima is into mitsumi and maybe I'm jumping into conclusion but I'm going to say it anyway... be gone thot!!

I feel bad for takamina and I hope that guy gets exposed by doing an awful job.
Old 2023-05-19, 06:10   Link #76
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Why does the girl who is a professional model look worse than any of the other girls in the show? I'd even call her downright ugly. Is it supposed to reflect what she's like on the inside?
My guess is she's meant to be one of those androgynous facial features type female models.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-20, 00:25   Link #77
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Probably the lips

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-22, 08:40   Link #78
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I really wanted to like this title...but it really lacks an edge. There seems to be something so intentionally inoffensive about this that it's just shy of bland, then seems to force schadenfreude. If the schadenfreude/seeing someone capable and with ambition lack the social skills to mesh with other people is the hook...I ain't buying in.
Old 2023-05-22, 08:42   Link #79
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I really wanted to like this title...but it really lacks an edge. There seems to be something so intentionally inoffensive about this that it's just shy of bland, then seems to force schadenfreude. If the schadenfreude/seeing someone capable and with ambition lack the social skills to mesh with other people is the hook...I ain't buying in.
I don't think this really needs an "edge," I think some of the characters have genuine hangups and emotional issues but it's not exaggerated or debilitating which makes it feel fairly natural in my opinion.
Old 2023-05-22, 15:41   Link #80
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I don't really think there are any slice-of-life, school life romance anime that are edgey?
Maybe you are talking about how it doesn't have a gimmick, like
Tenkousei Guigui -> Protagonist's eyes look weird and guy is incredibly dense
Insomnia -> Name says it all
?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote