AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-12, 08:06   Link #21
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, Wrath did survive even without the red stone... I guess that's some effect of the gate?
Yes, he SURVIVED, but he didn't get invincible until he got the red stones. Homunculi get their life-energy from the stones, remember?

Yeah, I want more info on Gluttony!
Old 2004-09-12, 08:45   Link #22
Avarice

Well, from the preview of episode 49, it seems that Gluttony is back, after a while from not being shown. Who knows, maybe the whole episode is an explaination of the remaining sin's pasts?

But then again, its possible that it might not because, if a movie is gonna come out, they do gotta leave some enemies behind. Because looking at how good FMA has become, I highly doubt that its gonna be one of those anime's where the movie has nothing to do with the actual plot but is just another "side-story" like Naruto's Snow Princess movie.

Plus, if the movie is 2 years after the story of FMA, that MUST mean it has some relevance to the actual plotline which means that there could be new enemies that come out, but there will most likely be old enemies and thus, comes to my main point that certain enemies in FMA Anime should be left to remain; for the movie.
Old 2004-09-12, 09:17   Link #23
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
Zauren and I had a pretty solid theory way back when that Gluttony was an experimental homunculus, probably the first one, that Hohenheim created. We know now that Hohenheim did NOT create Gluttony, because he fought with the delightful doughball and showed no emotion. Maybe Dante? But Envy didn't mention Gluttony as Dante's creation.

I hope BONES comes up with a bearable explanation. I'm not doubting an awesome finale from BONES (bad ending, maybe, but definitely not a cheesy finale), but I'm worried they're not going to explain Glut at all
Hmm... but when Envy mentioned that Hohenheim created and used "us", the only other homunculus left is Gluttony... I guess there are quite some small descrepancies...
Old 2004-09-12, 14:31   Link #24
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
But Envy didn't mention Gluttony as Dante's creation.
And why did Envy have to mention Gluttony? He was angry and didn't want to count ALL Homunculi that Dante had created, so he skipped one.
I mean... who else would have created Gluttony? Tucker?
Old 2004-09-12, 15:49   Link #25
dksakura

English is not my first language so I may have written things in the wrong order, sorry. What I meant was that maybe hohenheim tried to do the whole family thing with Dante, having Envy's human form, then he left them because he got tired of Dante's obsession with eternal life, and he met Trisha and started a family with her, a family that he did love but left perhaps because Dante tracked him down or something. If your dad leaves you and your mom and starts a new family I'll bet you'll hate him.

Homunculi are soulless pretty much like Frankenstein's monsters, seeking for the meaning of their existence. But some of our memories are imprinted in our bodies, so if you recreate a body you recreate them.

I was thinking perhaps the kid shown in the preview of episode 49 was Envy as a human. Maybe they will tell us his story.

Gluttony, is a huge mistery, but he acts like a child. And doesn't reflect the hatred the other homunculi usually do.
Old 2004-09-14, 06:58   Link #26
lauyee
Rad Wanker

Send a message via ICQ to lauyee Send a message via MSN to lauyee
don't anyone think that gluttony seems too ugly to be a human?
If he was previously a human I bet he died to hunger that's why he keep on eating

I think Envy Pride Greed and Gluttony were babies soul attached to the souless doll created by Hohen and Dante using the philosopher stone I'm not good at prediction just a blind guess
Old 2004-09-14, 11:42   Link #27
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauyee
I think Envy Pride Greed and Gluttony were babies soul attached to the souless doll created by Hohen and Dante using the philosopher stone I'm not good at prediction just a blind guess
I really don't think Pride was created the same way as the other Homunculi, he is different. He is Dante's masterpiece.
Old 2004-09-14, 12:32   Link #28
lauyee
Rad Wanker

Send a message via ICQ to lauyee Send a message via MSN to lauyee
yea as in he can somehow age
I just wish Bones will explain why he can age and who is his wife
Old 2004-09-14, 13:13   Link #29
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

His wife isn't THAT important. Just the fact that he HAS one and she thinks he is human, is the most important thing.
Old 2006-12-31, 02:37   Link #30
fullmetalMonkey
fma obessed monkey

umm i think envy was hohenheim's son but died of lead poisening
Old 2007-05-10, 19:59   Link #31
ShaiElric
FMA Expert :D

Envy was once his son

his and Dantez lol

that makes him like Ed and Al's half brother
Old 2007-05-11, 10:12   Link #32
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravi-T View Post
His wife isn't THAT important. Just the fact that he HAS one and she thinks he is human, is the most important thing.
Yeah, and if Homunculi don't have souls, what does that mean for his kid? Of course, assuming that Pride didn't have a soul.
Old 2007-08-26, 15:11   Link #33
Black_Rose
Black_Rose

(Gasps)(Gasps)Env the one with the really spikey hair is a boy?!!!! woe i sware it was a woman of some sort (Sob)S0b)and i called my self a fan...
Old 2007-08-31, 01:51   Link #34
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Rose View Post
(Gasps)(Gasps)Env the one with the really spikey hair is a boy?!!!! woe i sware it was a woman of some sort (Sob)S0b)and i called my self a fan...
Well, the american version was voiced by a woman. For the most part, though, I think that they were going for ambiguous when it came it envy.
Old 2007-09-03, 14:09   Link #35
lilmisscoopie
I'm new so be nice :)

Envy was created from Hohenheim and Dante's son William who died of mercury poisoning around 400 years ago (well a bit longer than that 'cause FMA was set earlier than present times). Hohenheim abandoned him, and that's why he's so mad at him. I guess Dante took him in. Wierd that she never treated him like a son - she was always his "master". That's kinda sad really. I hate her even more now! And feel even more sorry for Envy.
Old 2007-09-18, 19:43   Link #36
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless View Post
well, Wrath did survive even without the red stone... I guess that's some effect of the gate?

For the Homunculus, I think from Envy's words it's

Hohenheim -> Envy, Gluttony
Dante -> Greed, Pride

I vaguely remember that Envy said something like "he used us as you use Greed and Pride"...
Gluttony was old enough to remember Greed, but he was too young to remember Hoeinheim.

Quote:
Envy was once his son

his and Dantez lol

that makes him like Ed and Al's half brother
Incorrect. Envy has stated that Homunculi have no family, therefore he is not Ed and Al's half brother.
Old 2007-09-29, 21:54   Link #37
serah

Ai Suzuki
I thought that Envy had said just before Ed killed him that he was their brother... before he was a homunculi?
I may be wrong... yeah probably am.
Old 2007-10-02, 02:18   Link #38
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

No, Ai Suzuki. Sorry, but you are the one who is wrong on this one. Envy was once Dante/Hohenheim's son (but he died, and eventually a homonculus was born when they tried to bring him back to life), but Hehenheim abandoned him for his new family - Trisha, Ed, and Al. That's why Envy hated the Elrics in the first place; Ed and Al recived the love that Envy felt that he had never received.
Old 2007-12-17, 02:36   Link #39
Aden Sickle
The Adept Alchemist

Send a message via MSN to Aden Sickle
That's correct. Thus his name, Envy. And no one said Envy was Ed half brother, she said, he is "like" Ed brother. And Besides, genetically they could not have been related: Going on the assumption that homunculi do have DNA, since Ed did say they possed the same basic structureas a human; and the fact that Hohenheim did jump bodies several times in the previous 400 years, they would have been as geneticaly different as two random people on the street. As for when Glutany was born...Do remember that when Hohenhiem left Dante he gave her a small portion of the Philosopher's Stone, when it ran out she needed a new one. Glutany is a kind of false Gate, that is, a stone is forged from what he eats. So he was created after Hohenheim left. Dante rarely does things herself, so I would assume that he made Pride before here stone ran out. Since Pride ages like a human he walk amung them unnotices, so he was prolly created to act as a catalyst to make some despriate alchemist forge a new stone. I'm not sure when Greed was born though I suspect it was after Glutany sinse Glutany recognized him and I think Greed would leave Dante as soon as he could. I read somewhere that he was one of Dante's lovers and she killed to make an experimental humonculi. Lust was created by Scar's brother, Sloth by the Elric brothers, and Wrath by Izumi., which were all created fairly recent as compared to Envy, Pride, Glutany, and Greed.

I think Envy just hated Hohenheim because he abandoned him. Wrath hated Izumi becaue after she failed the human transmutation, she sealed him in the gate. I think Greed hated Dante becuase, well, he's greedy and wanted everything for himself and you can'tdo tat if you work for someone else. Lust didn't hate her creator, she killed

The next thing is kinda off topic, but if humonculi are souless beings, then how did Greed plan to transmute his soul (which he isn't supposed to have) into another vessel?

Pride's son is adopted.

Envy orriginaly died of mercury poisoning, not lead.

Glutany could very well have been human, you saw what two years of uncontroled eating did to him in the Movie, and by assumptions he spent at least 400 years without someone to directly control him like Lust does.

Oh and one other thing. Lust intertoduced herself to Scar as the "new" Lust, so who created the original,privious Lust? Also,, when Envy finds out about Sloth, he says, "So someone with that name was finaly born again." Again implying that there was at least one other. And after Evey finds out about Wrath and Greeds release, he says, "So for the first time we;re all back together again." The again implies that they were all together at some privious point. My guess is that the humonculi are actualy as old as the human race and are incarnations of the sin they are named after and each reicarnation simplly has leftover memories from the human they were supposed to be.

Humunculi aren't really invencible, they use up the red stones they've eaten when they regenerate from a death blow. So if you make them use upt their supply hey can't come back. Thus, Roy was able to beat Pride with out the Crusified Serpent array; he just brined Pride up untl his supply as gone. (The symbol on Ed's coat, Al's shoulder, and Izumi's coolar bone is called the Crusified serpent. It was created by Nicholus Flamel, a real world alchemist who supposebly created a philosopher's stone or alkahest (sometimes spelled alchahest) and lived some 400 years.

I typed way too much, didn't I?

Last edited by Aden Sickle; 2007-12-17 at 02:37. Reason: correct a major typo
Closed Thread