AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-14, 17:43   Link #21
angel.shade

I didn't say it was wonderful, just insanely hardcore. It is certainly not as good as Black Lagoon in terms of animation, storyline, characters, etc.

I enjoyed the first episode a lot, the second one notsomuch (the whole angel thing is kind of retarded and seems h-game-ish).

My very favorites are still Baccano!, Black Lagoon, Gunslinger Girl (season 1 only), Higurashi, Nanoha A's and Shion no Ou.

Last edited by angel.shade; 2008-03-14 at 17:59.
Old 2008-03-14, 21:34   Link #22
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel.shade View Post
I didn't say it was wonderful, just insanely hardcore. It is certainly not as good as Black Lagoon in terms of animation, storyline, characters, etc.

I enjoyed the first episode a lot, the second one notsomuch (the whole angel thing is kind of retarded and seems h-game-ish).

My very favorites are still Baccano!, Black Lagoon, Gunslinger Girl (season 1 only), Higurashi, Nanoha A's and Shion no Ou.
We could've been best friends for the first half of that list XD Indeed, Baccano, Black LAgoon and GG are three of my alltime favorites with GG being my favorite manga as well. Those 3 and Texhnolyze have actually been the inspirations for a script I'm working on. Maybe I'll let you give it a look when I'm a little farther along ~_^

I actually need to hurry up and watch Nanoha and Sion no Ou, though I don't really intend to watch Higurashi. I watched 5 eps and found it really 'meh'.
Old 2008-03-16, 15:49   Link #23
angel.shade

Higurashi is kind of slow. But for a hardcore psychological thriller fan like myself, the good ole reality-warping Jacob's Ladder-inspired mindfuck of Higurashi just really got me going. =P
Closed Thread