AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-02-05, 22:14   Link #141
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
So PA releases a second bluray boxset of True Tears (lolwut) and it sells even better than the first one and significantly better than the initial release when it aired. If I'm not mistaken this means it now surpasses Hanasaku Iroha and Tari Tari at about 9k-10k if we add up all the releases. F yea!
Incorrect. Bandai Visual, in cooperation with P.A. Works' producers as well as Lantis have coordinated a revival of the brand over the past couple of months. During that time, Bandai Visual re-authored their BD-Box and made available to the general public in a "standard release." The previous version was only available through Bandai Visual's site if they obtained 2,000 pre-orders. Said site did not report sales to Oricon, so there was no public knowledge of sales (or Oricon's "estimates") until today.

As for your comparison between shows, what do you mean? Average sales? 2-cour series are known for having a bigger drop off near the end due to 8-9 volumes from Oricon's numbers. We do not know the true amount of any of those title's sales, so it's a meaningless comparison. This was a good success for a re-release, but that's all it really means.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 04:07   Link #142
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
OMG the director,writer,seiyuus and OP band of True Tears are reuniting to work on a new romance anime!!.... oh wait the romance anime is just a promotional video for a city I guess the mayor was a True Tears fan!

And lol at that name, "true tours"!

The one major difference is that the chara designs are done by Tari Tari's chara designer.
Old 2013-03-01, 04:20   Link #143
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Just make a full anime series already... :3
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 13:07   Link #144
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Damned Shinkai wannabes. :3

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 11:58   Link #145
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
So, each of P.A.'s biggest shows was streamed over the past few weekends. Let's see how people felt after the marathons for a small comparison. (Nico scale goes from "awfully good", "decently good", "average", "not good", "awful")
true tears

TARI TARI

Hanasaku Iroha (day 1/episodes 1-13):

Hanasaku Iroha (day 2/episodes 14-26):

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 12:10   Link #146
Westlo
Lets be reality

Noe fans bringing down True Tears score
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 12:10   Link #147
totoum
Me at work

I'm gonna guess the 10% difference comes from Noe shippers still mad 5 years later

edit : lol Westlo beat me to it
Old 2013-03-10, 15:21   Link #148
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

She was the thematic core of the series. Even Okada wanted her to win, but the director pulled a fast one on us. Ofc we'd be mad .
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 15:56   Link #149
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
She was the thematic core of the series. Even Okada wanted her to win, but the director pulled a fast one on us. Ofc we'd be mad .
Lol, like people care about petty stuff like themes.
Spoiler for T Tears:

Okay, never mind, that's too cruel. <3 to both of them, and that invisible girl.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 17:43   Link #150
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Fast one? While Noe was the core of the show I think it wa pretty clear it was always going to be a Hiromi win, not hindsight since I argued as much back when it aired.

Back when it aired it was like

Hiromi fans -write essays about why she will win
Noe fans - she's moe! She'll win!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 18:03   Link #151
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Lol, like people care about petty stuff like themes.
Spoiler for T Tears:

Okay, never mind, that's too cruel. <3 to both of them, and that invisible girl.
It felt like Anne Hatheway's win for best supporting actress in Les Miserables even though she can't actually sing that well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Fast one? While Noe was the core of the show I think it wa pretty clear it was always going to be a Hiromi win, not hindsight since I argued as much back when it aired.

Back when it aired it was like

Hiromi fans -write essays about why she will win
Noe fans - she's moe! She'll win!
Yes, it felt predetermined... However, I think the story clearly wanted to go in that direction, and hence the ending felt like a sudden pivot in the love triangle. I felt there was a disconnect between the writing and what the director wanted, and it seems interviews have more or less confirmed my suspicions.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 18:32   Link #152
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Yes, it felt predetermined... However, I think the story clearly wanted to go in that direction, and hence the ending felt like a sudden pivot in the love triangle. I felt there was a disconnect between the writing and what the director wanted, and it seems interviews have more or less confirmed my suspicions.
This is the argument that just never ends.

Spoiler for True Tears ending:

I guess we can go to the TT forum for more, but I'd defend this point to the end, and it really has nothing to do with which heroine I liked better. To me, calling it a "sudden pivot" really undermines the whole story.
Old 2013-03-10, 18:47   Link #153
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, the thing is...

Spoiler for Major True Tears Spoilers:
Old 2013-03-10, 19:12   Link #154
totoum
Me at work

Quote:

Spoiler for true tears:
Old 2013-03-10, 19:15   Link #155
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Spoiler for Major True Tears Spoilers:
Spoiler for True Tears ending:

Anyway, I'd just encourage everyone to watch the show again knowing the direction things are headed and watch for the signs that we all couldn't see clearly the first time. It probably won't change at all who you preferred, nor should it. It's just about the way plot points tie together.
Old 2013-03-10, 23:29   Link #156
Pocari_Sweat

What's going on in this thread? Oh another True Tears shipping war discussion .

This horse has been beaten to death, the carcass eaten, the nutrients pooped out and fertilizing the ground it fell on, growing some plants from said nutrients, the next generation horse eating said plant, and that horse being beaten to death, rinse repeat. Does't help PA themselves are hilariously persistent in making obligatory True Tears cameos in every anime original show they've done post TT, still releasing image albums FOUR YEARS after the anime ended (last one was mid 2012 no joke), multiple releases of the True Tears anime itself and now doing reruns of their holy trinity (True Tears, Hanasaku Iroha, Tari Tari).

Am I the only that finds this absolutely hilarious, albeit in a ironic way?

Anyways, I'm still waiting (fruitlessly) for a English sub version of the True Tears bluray. I got the shitty Sentai Works DVD, but I only got it cause I wanted to support it. I have yet to even open it. As for Hanasaku Iroha and Tari Tari I'm waiting for ANY type of English release. Unfortunately, I'm not the type to spends hundreds of dollars on individual releases that aren't even translated in my local language. I got other maintenance and hobbies to worry about too...
Old 2013-03-10, 23:34   Link #157
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Does't help PA themselves are hilariously persistent in making obligatory True Tears cameos in every anime original show they've done post TT, still releasing image albums FOUR YEARS after the anime ended (last one was mid 2012 no joke)...
Actually, there's another CD Box releasing in a few weeks, I kid you not. 5th Anniversary CD-BOX! (A compilation of all the music ever released for the franchise. So far...?)

(And yes, I think they must think that the franchise has more life in it still, as they (Bandai, Lantis, P.A.Works, etc.) keep trying to tie the new works back to it in order to give it even more longevity. With the regular edition Blu-Ray box released in January, there's still a chance it could be licensed again... but I wonder if it'd sell.)
Old 2013-03-10, 23:35   Link #158
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Gods, STILL having this argument? It really is the biggest sour grapes dessert ever...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 23:38   Link #159
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
As for Hanasaku Iroha and Tari Tari I'm waiting for ANY type of English release.
Hanasaku Iroha by NISA
Tari Tari by Sentai Filmworks

You're welcome. Oh and the US DVD was by Bandai, IIRC.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 23:46   Link #160
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Actually, there's another CD Box releasing in a few weeks, I kid you not. 5th Anniversary CD-BOX! (A compilation of all the music ever released for the franchise. So far...?)

(And yes, I think they must think that the franchise has more life in it still, as they (Bandai, Lantis, P.A.Works, etc.) keep trying to tie the new works back to it in order to give it even more longevity. With the regular edition Blu-Ray box released in January, there's still a chance it could be licensed again... but I wonder if it'd sell.)
I swear this is some kinda injoke within the production studio at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Gods, STILL having this argument? It really is the biggest sour grapes dessert ever...
It's reaching School Days infamy levels at this rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Hanasaku Iroha by NISA
Tari Tari by Sentai Filmworks

You're welcome. Oh and the US DVD was by Bandai, IIRC.
Oh, I thought only the streams were licensed. Guess I was wrong. Time to find my wallet

And you're right. It was Bandai. I got it years ago as the True Tears + Sola bundle on Amazon. Not sure why I thought it was Sentai. Regardless both DVDs still have their plastic wrappings, unopened.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2013-03-11 at 09:51. Reason: Added some stuff

Tags
p.a. works, studios