Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-12, 07:36   Link #121
blueinkalchemist
The Blue Ink Alchemist

Send a message via Yahoo to blueinkalchemist
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMilk
But hey, it is waaaaaaaaaaay better than the Naruto dubs for sure.
Once again proving Bleach's superiority to Naruto.
Old 2006-09-12, 16:11   Link #122
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueinkalchemist
Once again proving Bleach's superiority to Naruto.
Proving nothing of the sort. It only proves the superiority of Michael Sorich who did ADR and Voice Direction for Bleach.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-09-14, 12:13   Link #123
Neomang5
Bwahahahaha

Send a message via AIM to Neomang5
Guys, is it really necessary to compare Bleach and Naruto constantly? Seriously, you bitch about how Bleach has better filler, Bleach has better dubbing, what's next? Just cut the whining and enjoy both shows for what they are, fun, action-packed Shonen Anime.

That being said, I am excited for both the 2nd episode of the Bleach dub (Orihime, Chizuru, and Tatsuki!) and the beginning of Naruto II (only a few weeks).

Anyone worried they will overmexicanize Chad? I mean he doesnt have much of an accent in the show, but things CAN get lost in the translation.
Old 2006-09-14, 17:57   Link #124
Ji Ji

Send a message via MSN to Ji Ji
I think the voice for Ichigo sounds about right and also Rukia's but I've hear clips of the voice actors for Orihime and it dosen't sound about right. I haven't heard clips of Chad though.
Old 2006-09-14, 22:34   Link #125
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomang5
Anyone worried they will overmexicanize Chad? I mean he doesnt have much of an accent in the show, but things CAN get lost in the translation.
Picture a mexican(with a thick mexican accent) speaking Japanese. I don't know about you, but I can't picture it. Chad actually HAVING a mexican accent in the dub is very very good.
Old 2006-09-14, 23:03   Link #126
emessen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
Picture a mexican(with a thick mexican accent) speaking Japanese. I don't know about you, but I can't picture it. Chad actually HAVING a mexican accent in the dub is very very good.
i will agree with that... because for one... he was raised in mexico...

so giving him a mexican accent is completely reasonable... and makes sense in an american dub
Old 2006-09-17, 00:28   Link #127
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

just saw ep2. Chad does not (least it didn't sound like it) have a mexican accent.

Orihime's VA fits perfectly. Tatsuki and the gang sound good too.
Old 2006-09-17, 00:29   Link #128
Zython
Card-carrying Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
He does the "next episode" bit at the end of the first episode. I thought his voice was slightly annoying, but Kon's Japanese "voice" is annoying as well - so I thought it was a good job of casting.

Overall I thought it was a thumbs up - if more dubs had this kind of quality, I'd be a much happier person.
Oh man! I forgot about that. I turned the TV off during the ending. Gotta watch the previews next time.
Old 2006-09-17, 00:31   Link #129
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion
just saw ep2. Chad does not (least it didn't sound like it) have a mexican accent.

Orihime's VA fits perfectly. Tatsuki and the gang sound good too.
Chad sounded almost dead-on to his Japanese counterpart from what I could tell. And Orihime sounded a tad wierd, but I'd still hafta agree with you. Don Kanonji sounded decent as well.
Old 2006-09-17, 00:42   Link #130
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
Chad sounded almost dead-on to his Japanese counterpart from what I could tell. And Orihime sounded a tad wierd, but I'd still hafta agree with you. Don Kanonji sounded decent as well.
Now that I rewatched that scene again, yeah he does.

I also agree that Orihime will take getting used too. But her VA is spot on for her "Klutz" side.
Old 2006-09-17, 01:45   Link #131
BrucesGirl
Mitsukai no Kurayami

Send a message via ICQ to BrucesGirl Send a message via AIM to BrucesGirl Send a message via MSN to BrucesGirl Send a message via Yahoo to BrucesGirl
Quote:
Now that I rewatched that scene again, yeah he does.

I also agree that Orihime will take getting used too. But her VA is spot on for her "Klutz" side.
Yup! ^^ And I was really afraid they were going to disappoint me with the VA on her, but I found that I was equally impressed with her as I was with Rukia's voice actor. I, for one, have been pretty impressed with the dubbing for Bleach so far. Almost impressed as I was with Naruto (Kakashi's voice just irked me. And so did Jiraiya's as of tonight!) but I think both shows are going to do great.

I loved Chad's VA. And I watched the scene a couple of times too, and I didn't hear a Mexican accent (take it from the chick in Texas *smirk*) but then again, he had...what...two lines? I was so impressed with his VA that I found myself squealing like a fangirl and hugging the TV. *ahem* Not really, but I'm pretty happy. ^^
Old 2006-09-17, 08:27   Link #132
Zoe

Don Kanonji wasn't crazy enough!

I'm also disappointed they only used first names for everybody.
Old 2006-09-17, 13:51   Link #133
Neomang5
Bwahahahaha

Send a message via AIM to Neomang5
Gah! I can't believe I left the room for that next episode bit! I was expecting just more Kon, but my friends started yelling "Oh shit, Don Kanonji!" and I couldnt hear shit over them. I'll just have to wait to see the recording I made, I guess.

Anyway, I was very impressed with Tatsuki (but then again, it was Faye's VA), and Yuri Lowenthal does Kiego much better than he does Sasuke. He's just not as good at being cold and rude as he is at being goofy. Orihime was pretty good, and fitting, but it is different enough from the japanese VA to take a bit more getting used to. Chad, though he didnt speak much, was spot on. If anything, I'd have given him a bit MORE of an accent (just a bit).

Good show Viz. Good show indeed...
Old 2006-09-17, 14:24   Link #134
Deathawk

I was really impressed with Rukia in episode 2. She had the goofy part down better than ep 1. Also Keigo's and Ichigo's other friend (forgot his name), was there something wrong with his VA or was i just being too picky. Also don Konoji deffintly not crazy enough. But hearing BOHAHAHAHAHA made my night.
Old 2006-09-18, 09:09   Link #135
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

did anyone else find it funny when Ichigo called Rukia a nut job? I was ROFLMAO!
Old 2006-09-18, 10:39   Link #136
Naruto_Demon
Senior Gundam Pilot

Send a message via MSN to Naruto_Demon Send a message via Yahoo to Naruto_Demon
Quote:
did anyone else find it funny when Ichigo called Rukia a nut job? I was ROFLMAO!
Yeah, I was expecting something different. But that was hilarious.
Old 2006-09-24, 16:36   Link #137
steelbound
Yuki-ism

Bleach was actually the reason I got into fansubs. Last year around episode 26 I stumbled onto animesuki.com after finding out there was an anime for it that was only being shown in Japan so the series holds a special place in my heart but I have to say I'm starting to really like the English cast particularly Rukia.

I'm also glad for the English dub because it's giving me a weekly reminder why I enjoy the series so much since the filler is such a letdown (but that's another discussion). And finally, I'm holding out hope that Crispin Freeman does the voice of Rukia's brother.
Old 2006-09-30, 01:10   Link #138
Pakxenon
popcorn

Anyone think Urahara's voice seems lame? They did it in the preview of ep4/5. It isn't spicy like the original!
Old 2006-09-30, 23:44   Link #139
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

currently watching episode.....5 i think on AS and man, they picked the best VA for chad. I mean man, except for different tone he's just like the original VA.
Old 2006-10-01, 00:11   Link #140
LoOnatick
1ne Love

I haven't seen much of the English version. I like Rukia's voice, they picked the right person. But, I don't know about Kon's voice XD.
Closed Thread