AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2006-10-15, 20:12   Link #81
nduns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climhazard View Post
Nobody can tell the story of One Piece like Oda can, it would be wasted in the hands of anyone else.
What about the guy who wrote the fanfic "The Ultimate Cruise"? It's the only fanfic I read that has over 30 chapters and STILL manages to stay in full 100% character the whole time. Really brings out the spirit, but yeah, only Oda deserves to own OP. If someone else did, they'd be adding demons, ninjas and fairies, and we do NOT want that in a show that's perfect without those features. Plus, if certain people owned it, they'd possibly kill off Usopp because so many people still haven't seen his manly moments.
nduns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-16, 14:30   Link #82
pinkflower80
MY PROFILE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climhazard View Post
Nobody can tell the story of One Piece like Oda can, it would be wasted in the hands of anyone else.

.......you know what.....you have a point!!!but what if you want to ADD something to the story. like......how I want to add my one piece character in it so she can be with ZOLO!!!!!!!!
pinkflower80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 19:56   Link #83
forest child

it would be nice to add in your character but then again wouldn't romance just get in the way of the ation? i mean, One Piece is shonen, not shojo.
forest child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 21:27   Link #84
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflower80 View Post
.......you know what.....you have a point!!!but what if you want to ADD something to the story. like......how I want to add my one piece character in it so she can be with ZOLO!!!!!!!!
Simple - You write a crappy Mary Sue fanfic and submit it to fanfiction.net, aka the Pit of Voles.
Chuixupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-18, 10:45   Link #85
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nduns View Post
What about the guy who wrote the fanfic "The Ultimate Cruise"? It's the only fanfic I read that has over 30 chapters and STILL manages to stay in full 100% character the whole time. Really brings out the spirit, but yeah, only Oda deserves to own OP. If someone else did, they'd be adding demons, ninjas and fairies, and we do NOT want that in a show that's perfect without those features. Plus, if certain people owned it, they'd possibly kill off Usopp because so many people still haven't seen his manly moments.
Sounds cool, i'll have to take a looksie at that

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflower80 View Post
Thats exactly my point

Last edited by Climhazard; 2006-10-18 at 10:56.
Climhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-20, 23:32   Link #86
king chopper
Crewmate doctor

dont think one piece with reality...seriously if u watch it thinkin that it WILL get boring but u gotta admit its just like dragonball Z its just full of suprises and yh who knew reindeers could talk? and walk on 2 feet? u see what i mean? just gotta watch it with ur heart as a anime fan not in a way that viewers would compare with life
king chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 13:04   Link #87
pinkflower80
MY PROFILE!!!!!

Yea true....it would get in the way of the action. so that is one point for youbut for me you agree that it would be cool to do that so onepoint for me. WE HAVE A TIE!!!
pinkflower80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 17:55   Link #88
forest child

if someone DID buy one piece and they completely ruined it...what would u do to them? Anyone?
forest child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 18:28   Link #89
matsuno

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest child View Post
if someone DID buy one piece and they completely ruined it...what would u do to them? Anyone?
Try to ignore it as much as possible *glares at 4kids*
matsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 03:28   Link #90
hagane no kaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest child View Post
Make fun of them mercilessly over the Internet. *4kids again*
hagane no kaizoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 19:36   Link #91
ichii
The Fonz

Send a message via Yahoo to ichii
luffy is frikkin hilarious that makes it a good anime from my point of view and the characters + devil fruit powers is cool as well
ichii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-30, 01:56   Link #92
kaitokid05
walrus of doom!

Send a message via AIM to kaitokid05 Send a message via MSN to kaitokid05
I was hooked to one piece starting from ep.20... it's very refreshing...
Old 2006-12-17, 03:58   Link #93
JolToN49

Well i didn't like OP at first....but after Bellemere.....i was crying like a lil bitch for a good 10 minutes.... But my favorite thing about one piece is just how all the characters interact with each other....i tried to pick my favorite character but couldn't i just love them all. Its like one character highlights the other and they all combine together to be super cool. And i just get so pumped up when they build up the arc and then that music turns on the one with the beat.....dum dum dum.....dum dum dum dum.....then u know the bad guys about to get their ass whooped.....u know what i'm talking about
JolToN49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-17, 10:23   Link #94
-Breakthrough-

Long story, good character development, unexpected twists, and Luffy/Zoro/Usopp. ^^
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 02:22   Link #95
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
What got me into One Piece was definately the Kuro Arch.
That guy was so out there, I mean he really just kind of faked this entire relationship with this sick, frail girl for three whole years just so he could eventually kill her and take her inheritance.

That got me, it clasped onto my heart and refused to let go. I never thought that a cartoon character could flush out my own morals like that. From then on, it was all about, "What will they do next?" Then the characters started to develope and the conflicts became much greater(war and even some rascism/elitism in the Arlong Park Arch)

What I find to be the best thing about One Piece though is it's theme, fighting for your dreams. Even the villians do it; Kuro went to extreme lengths to set up this cushy life for himself, Krieg was so driven to be the strongest that he even tried to keep fighting while unconcious, and Arlong truly believed that he was part of the "Master Race" even going so far as drawing up plans to conquer East Blue.

It's the kinda show everybody can relate to but at the same isn't too serious that you can't use it to escape to an extent. Yeah, that fits nicely...

Anyway, that's why I like One Piece!

Oh, and let's not forget...
"Sogeki no shima de... umareta ore wa!"
BlackNhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 16:50   Link #96
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

Well despite wat people say one piece is not for everyone and there are people who genuinely dont like it even after watching alot of the episodes. but hopefully u r not part of that demographic. I really started to like it when i stopped watching the for kids dub and watched it in japanese. Then the arlong arc kinda made me like it more then the alabasta arc made me sure it was a good show. But then i didnt like it more than naruto (or bleach) it was pretty much even with them like goku and vegeta kinda, each one temporarily better than the other. it wasnt until the water 7 arc that i realised one piece was better. Water 7's many good twists and revelations just made me think that plus even after all that there are still many mysteries and adventures left while naruto has mostly revealed all its secrets and is nearing its end. Not to mention its freakin hilarious
sanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 04:24   Link #97
Fyria

I am really fan of One Piece.

Charecters are just brilliant (specially Strawhat crew members)

Storytelling is epic (Each Arc grows to brilliance at end with suprises)

Adventure feeling (Huge sea with adventures and each island arc is just awesome (manga) )

History (Where did World govermet came? What and who was civilization what they destroyed? What happened during Lost History? What and where did Devil fruits came? What are super weapons of ancient times? Why World Goverment is ready to annihilate entire countrys to prevent even hint of Lost History to be revealed?)

Humour (it's just awesome all strawhats can be just silly )
Fyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 15:22   Link #98
gencbiba

This is just a guess, but I'm guessing the Lost History was probably a time when the world was just like ours today. This has been used time and time again so I hope OP doesn't use the "nuclear wars destroyed earth and caused us to go back in time" story (think Fist of the North Star).

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 14:48   Link #99
Onepiece34
Straw Hat Pirate

One Piece is awesome.
It is the most original manga you will ever read and the anime is no exception. The characters are vivid and colourful and they never lack personality. Luffy is the most amazing character in any anime I have seen. He is cheerful, funny, optimistic, and a bit of an idiot. But his determination to protect his friends and his true strength is always incredible to read about. He is a quirky character that never gives up for his friends. Why does he protect them, until he's almost dead? He's not afraid of dying, and he will happily accept his fate whataver the case.

The other characters are no exception. A swordsman that wields three swords, a talking reindeer, a cook who only uses his legs to fight with, a robot that's fueled by cola? How original do you want it to be?! The action sequences and the artwork is inspiring and it has that UBER-COOL factor that most animes obviously have, but this one stands out. It has charm.

Of course, there is no one part in One Piece that isn't absolutely hilarious, that is until you hear about somebody's life that has been ruined by the next villain, and Luffy beats them to a bloody pulp, of course, and he doesn't take any shit.

If you want to see One Piece in all its glory, check out the Water Seven arc.
Onepiece34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 14:50   Link #100
Onepiece34
Straw Hat Pirate

I hate 4kidstv and hope for FUNimation's dub!
Onepiece34 is offline   Reply With Quote