Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
MoO 21 is just SOOOOOO wrong
Oh, is it? I thought it most fascinating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Anyway, with this episode, I fear for the chances of the show getting licensed outside of Japan.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 06:03   Link #422
sparrow
spontaneous comedian

Send a message via ICQ to sparrow
that Bio Concert thing... ^^;
Spoiler:
sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 10:54   Link #423
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

lol, ep21 is just soooo CRAAAAAAAAZY

Spoiler:

This episode definitely takes the word "symbolism" to a whole new level of existence
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-04, 10:59   Link #424
wao
OK.

"Moooooore"... Cows... girls.... I haven't watched episode 21 but the first thing I think of is the latest series I've watched, Utena. Anybody wants Cowtian Dior cowbells...? Mooooou....
Old 2004-09-05, 13:08   Link #425
Lazarus

I thought this forum was for the discussion of fansubs.

Not raws.
Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 13:19   Link #426
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

this forum is for discussion of anything about fansubbed series, despite of whether a certain episode in a series is fansubbed or not...

Now I think MoO will surely become a classic XD
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 13:47   Link #427
Kyolux

Send a message via MSN to Kyolux
Has it been discontinued as a fansub? It's been over a month since last episode came out I believe. And can't catch up with the raws, I would have watched them but most are unseeded I think, well 14 was when I tried. And I wouldn't understand much anyway ; ;
Kyolux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 14:03   Link #428
Krevnik
Kryptic Kynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyolux
Has it been discontinued as a fansub? It's been over a month since last episode came out I believe. And can't catch up with the raws, I would have watched them but most are unseeded I think, well 14 was when I tried. And I wouldn't understand much anyway ; ;
I have a feeling that Rice-Box is taking a bit of a break after getting the first 13 done. But nobody really knows for certain except Rice-Box. This is a bit of a touchy issue, as what it means to "Not bug the fansubbers about when an episode will be released" can be considered vague and is interpreted differently by various groups, and I notice quite a few groups just don't say anything if they put a project on haitus for any reason because of how they interpret this rule. It might be they plan a multi-ep release, or something came up (finals/job/etc), or they just want a break. But without them telling us, we can only speculate.
Krevnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-05, 14:05   Link #429
Cort
What???

Send a message via ICQ to Cort
With Shadow Skill there were sometimes long gaps between subs too, so I doubt they dropped it.
Cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-06, 01:13   Link #430
WraithOD

I've only seen up to the latest R-B ep, but with all this raw talk + slow subbing process I couldn't resist... So I downloaded ep 21 to see what you guys were talking about... I think the only proper reaction to a certain mentioned scene is ...
WraithOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 19:17   Link #431
Spuffy
オウカ~

Yay, Ep22 has aired.

Spoiler:
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 00:35   Link #432
wao
OK.

A new Melody of Oblivion CD, "Melody of Oblivion - Senritsu Gekijou he no Izanai" has come out... A bunch of BGM that wasn't on the previous CD is in this CD. This CD has a number of vocal recordings as well (I'm in the middle of listening to it.) So far, I suggest you get this CD for one reason - Solo's song. The full version with music is on it and it's BEAUTIFUL! (IMO.) There's a lot more to the song than I thought. I just don't have the energy to try translating it... I'm fairly sure this is also sung by the voice actor for Solo - from this song it's hard (for me) to believe that the voice actor is a female (Saeki Tomo)! IIRC Saeki Tomo does a lot of male roles though... still...

Some tracks are rather blah-ish, they're the less nice ones that you hear throughout the series. Ooh, there's even a song with "Aru-koto! Nai-koto! Aru-koto! Nai-koto!" recording in it...

I still haven't watched eps 21 and 22 - I'm beginning to lose it because I just can't understand the Japanese well enough... or I don't have enough energy to try understand... It's such a great series, but a lot is lost on me... Bah. I suppose I'm stuck in the same boat as everyone else waiting for fansubs...
Old 2004-09-12, 15:21   Link #433
Kyolux

Send a message via MSN to Kyolux
Episode 14 for those following the fansub, is out!!!! DOMO ARIGATOU, Ricebox.. Can't wait to watch it, haven't watched my current favorite series in a while..
Kyolux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 15:24   Link #434
Krevnik
Kryptic Kynic

I only have 1 word for this: w00t!
Old 2004-09-12, 22:10   Link #435
Sanrio

And so, the cogs have yet again been set in motion...
Sanrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 04:04   Link #436
GUTB_

I'm afraid Rice-Box is really taking an absurd amount fo time getting these out. Too bad they're the only ones doing this series.

God I hate slow subbers.
GUTB_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 04:20   Link #437
pookakitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTB_
I'm afraid Rice-Box is really taking an absurd amount fo time getting these out. Too bad they're the only ones doing this series.

God I hate slow subbers.
Remember that the subbers have lives of their own--school, jobs, families-- that always come first.

Melody is also a very difficult title to translate and translate well. For example, the show uses imagery and allusions to Greek mythology, Chinese astrology, poker and music. It takes time to research that stuff so they can do the best job possible.

Remember, patience is a virtue.

The group is also doing a great job on the show. If you haven't yet, check out their translation notes on their webpage. Very interesting reading.

Samantha
pookakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-13, 05:00   Link #438
wao
OK.

OMFG?!?!??! First TWin Spica 13, and now MoO 14?! YES!!! Oh, thank you so much Rice-Box! While I can't help saying they're slow, the work they do for MoO is, IMO, excellent! Keep up the great work - and this release is doubly happy for me because Ep 14 is my favourite episode out of the lot so far

YES!!

Seriously, ep 14 rocks for it's coolness. Heh.

Plus we hear Kurofune's Ballad (BGM) pretty clearly in this ep (I think in the previous one too?), I was so disappointed when it wasn't on the soundtrack but it's in the Senritsu Gekijou e Izanai CD. Yay!
Old 2004-09-14, 21:58   Link #439
Ludd
Toune's #1 fan

I finally got around to watching 14, and I have one thing to say...

Spoiler:
Ludd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-15, 15:42   Link #440
Krevnik
Kryptic Kynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludd
I finally got around to watching 14, and I have one thing to say...

Spoiler:
Just goes to show you how far Bocca has come in skill level, and how much further he has to go before the end.