AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-02-26, 02:56   Link #1
fotonios

Is naruto getting too dark?

im getting the feeling that naruto is getting too dark and it kinda looks like a horror show,especialy after the apearence of orochimarou and all the realy evil guys!
is it just me?
fotonios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 02:59   Link #2
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotonios
im getting the feeling that naruto is getting too dark and it kinda looks like a horror show,especialy after the apearence of orochimarou and all the realy evil guys!
is it just me?

Um, Naruto's always been dark. The Haku arc should've clued you in on how dark this show is.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 03:00   Link #3
Bun-kun
Liberal Screamer

Send a message via AIM to Bun-kun
I've never said this but *ah mi, mi, mi, mieeeeee* DAMN YOU FOTONIOS!!J\K
Well serious yes but I think it will lighten up a little once the the danger is gone!!! I can't wait to see the next escapade of the Ero Sennin.
Bun-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 03:14   Link #4
fotonios

dam,i think u can still make a good and powerfull show without getting so radically creapy! dam, all producers fall in this trap....cause its easier to push the drama up this way,but it doesn't make it right!
simple stories but well and deeply analysed and presented can be even more powerfull,u don't have to show the devil all the time to get ratings!
Old 2004-02-26, 03:20   Link #5
Trin
Sasumi ownz!!

ahem, it really depends on the author. i mean, i couldn't write/draw a happy manga to save myself... besides, i don't want to. so if kishimoto sensei were to suddenly start getting all "correct moral values" on our asses i don't think i'd keep reading... i just love the dark and creepy too much.
Trin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 03:21   Link #6
ky_khor
Gundamed Ninja

Send a message via Yahoo to ky_khor
naruto has a demon inside
sakura has an evil innerself
sasuke has a devil thought to revenge

enough to say

this show sure dark and full of devil

ky_khor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 03:32   Link #7
kitiara
ur local fox demon

Send a message via AIM to kitiara
I think it is dark most the time with bursts of comic relief
kitiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 03:34   Link #8
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
dam,i think u can still make a good and powerfull show without getting so radically creapy! dam, all producers fall in this trap....cause its easier to push the drama up this way,but it doesn't make it right!
simple stories but well and deeply analysed and presented can be even more powerfull,u don't have to show the devil all the time to get ratings!
I'd like to know how you can make a "powerful show" without causing bad things to happen to the characters. If only good things happen, then how can it create drama? Can you give examples? Not trying to flame or anything, but I don't see how it can be done. And why are we talking about drama in Naruto? If you want drama check out Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.
Old 2004-02-26, 03:40   Link #9
fotonios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
I'd like to know how you can make a "powerful show" without causing bad things to happen to the characters. If only good things happen, then how can it create drama? Can you give examples? Not trying to flame or anything, but I don't see how it can be done. And why are we talking about drama in Naruto? If you want drama check out Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.
ive seen phone bills more dramatic than most crap on tv,is that simple enough?
u don't have to get all unrealistic to be powerfull,they could show us more the inner side of the charcters and in simple situations,im sure there is a lot of drama and hard choises in simple life too,while on the other hand,ive seen people getting more upset about getting 5kg fatter than when a close relative dies!
Old 2004-02-26, 03:40   Link #10
Umbrae
Generic Human

umm this is a dark series? I have not realy thought so. it may have a few darker themed moments but I never realy thought of it as a dark anime.

Of course I liked Narutaru.

Neji, Gaara, and haku are the only dark characters I can think of. Haku who died to protect some one he lovd, dispite that person was considered a monster by most.
Gaara's love of killing because of how he was raised, without any one but the people that tried to kill him.
And Neji beeing a slave to the main family. although Neji is not to teribly bad off. Sure he has a mark so he cannot disagree with the main familys wishes, but from my understanding that was done origionaly to stop the two familys from devistatinly fighting one another. As such, what has Neji ever been FORCED to do by the main family?
Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 03:53   Link #11
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
ive seen phone bills more dramatic than most crap on tv,is that simple enough?
u don't have to get all unrealistic to be powerfull,they could show us more the inner side of the charcters and in simple situations,im sure there is a lot of drama and hard choises in simple life too,while on the other hand,ive seen people getting more upset about getting 5kg fatter than when a close relative dies!
But I was asking for a show that you believe is powerful and dramatic that does not create situations that cause suffering for the characters. Does it really matter whether or not a situation is realistic if it causes a character pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrae
umm this is a dark series?
In general it's not really that dark, but for a shonen action series, Naruto is on the darker side.
Old 2004-02-26, 04:14   Link #12
zillford
Wandering/Rambling Artist

I, personally, would LOVE to see the show mature with the characters. of course I still want the little bits of SD Kawaiiness, but I would find nothing wrong with the characters dealing with more adult conflicts as they grow.

dealing with loss of a loved one, making it on your own, becoming a well rounded individual, etc.

and the ultimate battle of all: Puberty
zillford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 04:23   Link #13
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Wtf???

The darkest the for the best!! -___-

Naruto is getting smooth compare to the Zabuza season.. IMO your getting all confused cause of episode 71 that was one of the best episode ever WTF are you talkin about???? The situation going on is part of the show

Oh and BTW this is your best thread yet What wrong?? o__0
Old 2004-02-26, 04:42   Link #14
Trin
Sasumi ownz!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zillford
and the ultimate battle of all: Puberty
(o_o) scared, so scared, yet strangely amused (aroused?)
Trin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 06:11   Link #15
m8-

lol. I hope it will be horror and dark
m8- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 11:09   Link #16
Tboz

Not really... it could get darker and I would be loving it.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 14:25   Link #17
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Artistically: yes. naruto washed his jumpsuit in TIDE before, and now he uses TIDE with Downy, so his jumpsuit is darker.

Spoiler:

but yes, i think the colors are not as vibrant anymore.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 14:43   Link #18
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President

weve already seen the manga get a lot darker
Spoiler:
anyway the show right now is in one of the darker moments for the anime it will get much much darker as time goes on although there is a brief break in that
Spoiler:
Lee-pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 14:53   Link #19
TheGreatYakoshi
The Baka Mangaka Returns!

Really though, if it's too dark for you, may I suggest highlights? Wouldn't they make Gai's awesome bowl cut look even MORE fabulous?
TheGreatYakoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 14:54   Link #20
7hor
Full Metal Physicist

They are "ninjas" so I think it would have to get serious at some points. I don't think its all that dark though, it will be getting more so though, but it stays somewhat...hmm...how can I say this, light hearted. Go my engrish!
7hor is offline   Reply With Quote