Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-01, 15:50   Link #3041
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Until Blizzard completely divorces the D3 singleplayer and "LAN" mode from b.net, I won't bother playing it. I want my goddamned quicksave button.

With Tera up and running, summer should be fun, except for one little problem... I have to retake calculus, and I have to do it during the intersession or my transfer will be delayed a year.
Old 2012-05-01, 15:56   Link #3042
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Until Blizzard completely divorces the D3 singleplayer and "LAN" mode from b.net, I won't bother playing it. I want my goddamned quicksave button.

With Tera up and running, summer should be fun, except for one little problem... I have to retake calculus, and I have to do it during the intersession or my transfer will be delayed a year.
In all honestly, I was right with you as I was also about to pass it up because it looked "meh." I ate a huge piece of humble pie during the Beta weekend. If the inferno difficulty proves adequate I am in love. It is the game that I have been looking forward to for years.

While It does not have a quick save, it does have checkpoints from what I understand. Although, they did also eliminate potion chugging and convenient mass portal escapes.

edit: Calculus, ouch. MMOs and math class...killed me.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 16:41   Link #3043
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

It wasn't "MMO addiction" that caused me to screw the class, since I just started playing Tera and only played SWTOR for a month at release before classes even really started. It was me forgetting how to do trigonometry that killed me, and a bad textbook and an unhelpful instructor whose only advice was that I drop the class.
Old 2012-05-01, 16:52   Link #3044
Nixl

Quote:
It wasn't "MMO addiction" that caused me to screw the class, since I just started playing Tera and only played SWTOR for a month at release before classes even really started. It was me forgetting how to do trigonometry that killed me, and a bad textbook and an unhelpful instructor whose only advice was that I drop the class.
That was my experience. Molten Core raids and math classes killed me, but not the other classes for some reason.

I wish you luck sir, hopefully you will have a much better instructor next time, assuming it is not the same one.
Old 2012-05-01, 17:51   Link #3045
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
DA2 wasn't as much of an epic failure as ME3's ending was. DA2's failure was one of gameplay, which to be honest will be worse for a lot of gamers, but the story, while kind of stupid, wasn't filled with plotholes and did not lose all narrative coherence.
Agree with that so much, DA2 story wasn't as good as it could of been, however it was still intresting. Gameplay wasn't what let me down the most in DA2. What did was the way the area's/dungeons were all the same and it just felt so god dam rushed Will stop there or I will go mental.
Old 2012-05-01, 22:10   Link #3046
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Agree with that so much, DA2 story wasn't as good as it could of been, however it was still intresting. Gameplay wasn't what let me down the most in DA2. What did was the way the area's/dungeons were all the same and it just felt so god dam rushed Will stop there or I will go mental.
Oh I feel you on the reused areas and general laziness in world design. DAO felt so much larger and more open despite the fact that both games are almost JRPG linear.
Old 2012-05-01, 22:19   Link #3047
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Have Bioware given any details on what the story DLC will entail? I hope they do not add more lines to the ghost kid.
I'd rather they erase the ghost kid altogether.

Meh, whatever. SoaSE: Rebellion is coming and with how time-consuming that franchise is I won't have time to bother retouching ME3.
Old 2012-05-02, 02:14   Link #3048
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
DA2 was certainly disappointing, but I do have to put the ME3 ending far above that. There was a lot I didn't like about DA2's story and characters, but ME3 gave us a lot throughout the game and went to hell right at the end. Still Bioware really has gone 0/2 for me lately so I'm holding back on whatever they come out with next until I'm sure it doesn't suck.

I have low expectations for that DLC. Explaining the ridiculous ending isn't going to make it any better. Seems like they are just wasting their time so they can say they did something.
Old 2012-05-02, 02:25   Link #3049
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Oh I feel you on the reused areas and general laziness in world design. DAO felt so much larger and more open despite the fact that both games are almost JRPG linear.
Also laziness in the aspect of customization in DA2. How I liked my Morrigan in metal armour with a crossbow

And graphics/textures in DAO were more appealing.
The only thing I liked was the witty jokes of Hawke
Old 2012-05-02, 03:03   Link #3050
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
I'd rather they erase the ghost kid altogether.

Meh, whatever. SoaSE: Rebellion is coming and with how time-consuming that franchise is I won't have time to bother retouching ME3.
In the end, this is what EA is risking. If they don't play their cards right, ME would become yesterday's news.

If even Sonic the Hedgehog can fall from grace, no game franchise can stay relevant without effort.

A game can only be more than a game if people CARE. If they no longer care, then it is literally nothing.
Old 2012-05-02, 12:24   Link #3051
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Or, that Earth magically grew enough food after the cataclysm for everyone, including the massive alien fleets.
Well it could work if they manage to copy the production facilitys of the Quarian Liveships (which I think are part of the fleet).
Old 2012-05-07, 16:27   Link #3052
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Was this posted?

Old 2012-05-07, 17:44   Link #3053
Nixl

While I like the Indoctrination theory, I do think it is just wishful thinking by fans to deny the last 10 minutes of the game. Who would not want to say that it was all a dream after that ending?

Even if the indoctrination theory proves true on some level then Bioware's implementation of it it was still horribly sloppy. If Bioware designed the ending to be a rationalization or hallucination then was the ghost kid and that entire scene truly the best that Bioware could come up with? At the very least, they could not further differentiate the ending choices between red, blue, and green laser beams?

Furthermore, as that video brought up, why would Bioware give players who completed the most objectives and war points bad endings with Reaper indoctrination, while the destroy ending was the only true instance of Shepard breaking free?

Regardless of the theory being true or not, such endings still contradict Bioware's promises of choices, meaningful decisions throughout the series, and rewards for those who dedicated the time to make the universe as united as possible.
Old 2012-05-07, 19:22   Link #3054
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

This again...

I don't buy it, and I think its just plain silly and as bad as if not worse than the actual endings as it would mean the game never actually ends.

Honestly If anything I think its the fans who have essentially created this whole indoctrination idea which bio-ware could now at this point just use as some easy way out and the fact that it was mentioned in the "survey" they released just fills me with dread.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 23:16   Link #3055
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Yes... this is what I suspect. They fucked up, but instead of admit it, delete Blue God Kid and scrap the existing ending, now they're going to say "see, we meant to do that!" and actually use the indoctrination theory...

Fans of ME found it really easy to buy the indoctrination theory. Even I did, but now after having stepped away from ME for a while, I can recognize that it was just my mind trying desperately to make sense of the senseless.

If the indoctrination ending is the actual ending, then I'll be almost totally convinced that it was a saving throw, not a pre-planned ending DLC.
Old 2012-05-07, 23:40   Link #3056
Nixl

Whatever Bioware chooses to do will not change the fact that the Ghost kid and the multicolor ending, whether hallucinations or not, sucks. No amount of theorycrafting will make the contradictions or the wacky writing go away, because even if it was all a dream, it was a terribly written dream that satisfied virtually no one. DLC will probably only make it worse.

It is a lose-lose situation, but Bioware can blame no one, but themselves.
Old 2012-05-07, 23:48   Link #3057
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Personally I only believe one change will be acceptable: scrap the blue kid, go straight to Shep activating it with two options (destroy or control, because the synthetic end is just huh?) and then have the Relays barely intact after firing, but not outright destroyed.
Old 2012-05-08, 01:37   Link #3058
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
While I like the Indoctrination theory, I do think it is just wishful thinking by fans to deny the last 10 minutes of the game. Who would not want to say that it was all a dream after that ending?

Even if the indoctrination theory proves true on some level then Bioware's implementation of it it was still horribly sloppy. If Bioware designed the ending to be a rationalization or hallucination then was the ghost kid and that entire scene truly the best that Bioware could come up with? At the very least, they could not further differentiate the ending choices between red, blue, and green laser beams?

Furthermore, as that video brought up, why would Bioware give players who completed the most objectives and war points bad endings with Reaper indoctrination, while the destroy ending was the only true instance of Shepard breaking free?

Regardless of the theory being true or not, such endings still contradict Bioware's promises of choices, meaningful decisions throughout the series, and rewards for those who dedicated the time to make the universe as united as possible.
I really thought the Indoctrination Theory was the best way to resolve this crappy ending without having to completely delete the last 10 minutes and re-write the whole thing. I don't buy for a second that Bioware planned it, but they could have easily taken advantage of it. The fans were literally handing a way to fix things to Bioware with this theory. Can call it a stretch or people wanting anything other than the ending given, but this wasn't that bad of a theory. Thought it gave a bit of substance to the third game of Shepard fighting against not only the enemies in front of him, but an enemy digging at his mind.

I had my own theory for the war assets. If you were too low then the Reapers really didn't need to completely indoctrinate Shepard. Just keep him out of the way long enough for his army to get blasted to hell. But if the forces were too strong then the Reapers couldn't afford Shepard waking up so they created false paths to keep him indoctrinated. If Shepard still chose destroy then he could wake up and help in taking out the Reapers. I know it's not a perfect answer (why not just blast Shepard to oblivion?), but thought it was a solid enough answer.

Instead I expect all we're going to get is some stupid explanation for what happened to everyone. Maybe add in some epilogue to the fate of your crew. I'd much prefer they took the Indoctrination Theory since they could at least give this game and series a more proper ending than what we're probably going to get.
Old 2012-05-08, 02:16   Link #3059
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Yes... this is what I suspect. They fucked up, but instead of admit it, delete Blue God Kid and scrap the existing ending, now they're going to say "see, we meant to do that!" and actually use the indoctrination theory...

Fans of ME found it really easy to buy the indoctrination theory. Even I did, but now after having stepped away from ME for a while, I can recognize that it was just my mind trying desperately to make sense of the senseless.

If the indoctrination ending is the actual ending, then I'll be almost totally convinced that it was a saving throw, not a pre-planned ending DLC.
Even after aknowledging that the indoctrination theory is purely something the fans thought up, I still prefer Bioware just use it over the existing ending.

I cannot believe the PR-devs no matter how many times they say it that they're proud of this ending. It's the complete oposite of what they promised us and filled to the brink with plotholes and open endings. It's a terrible ending of a level not seen since KotoR II, and even that one was more conclusive.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 04:42   Link #3060
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Indoctrination theory isn't an ending at all; it is just an in-universe way to claim the ending didn't actually happen, that it was all a hallucination.

In a sense, the Theory is just a retcon to redo the ending a different way. You still need to write a new ending after the Indoctrination explanation. Thus they could have just delete the god-child and pretend it never happened.

Pity they had to stick with their own words on how proud they are of the ending, and that it was exactly what they had in mind.
I do have to thank ME3 to teach me to never trust game journalists ever again. I finally found out which side they are on; the journalists are just mouth pieces of the game companies. We customers are just dirt to them.

Tags
effect, games, mass