AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-10, 08:36   Link #1
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Astroboy Reboot

[The Outhouse] A New Astro Boy Animated Series In The Works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outhouse
It looks like Astro Boy (known as Tetsuwan Atom, the Mighty Atom in Japan) may be getting a new animated television series. A poster has made an appearance on the internet for "Astro Boy Reboot" which advertised as a new animated series running 26 episodes at 26 minutes per episode.

Not much else has been revealed about this project though the poster does have the Tezuka Productions logo on it (the legendary manga-ka Osamu Tezuka is the created Astro Boy in 1952), and also the logo for the animation production company Shibuya Productions who tweeted it out. Shibuya Productions is related to Shibuya International which has the distribution rights to Astro Boy in the French-speaking parts of Europe.

So this just popped up...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2014-06-10, 08:51   Link #2
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Is it Japanese or Western?
Old 2014-06-10, 09:19   Link #3
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Caribara is a French animation studio.
http://www.caribara.com/

That said, I've seen a couple of French cartoons and their quality is pretty good (EG none of that farmed-out Saturday morning Spongebob crap). Also, Tezuka's style is relatively simple and shouldn't be too hard to work with.

...okay, I'll go out and say it: It'll be better than the CGI movie. That I'm fairly certain of or else I'll eat the Sunday Herald Sun.
Old 2014-06-10, 10:22   Link #4
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

It would be collaboration project. Japan and France.
Old 2014-06-10, 10:38   Link #5
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So, including this reboot, how many times has this series got rebooted? Three times?

I thought the Astro Boy series in 2003(?) is almost the perfect incarnation. It's quite gritty without undermining the fun and adventure-sense of the show. The theme of "robot discrimination" is also well-explored in the 00s series (for a kid's show that is).

Still, I can't wait to see what new things they'll give us with this reboot.
Old 2014-06-10, 19:28   Link #6
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Of course I'd be interested if this happens, but it would be so much more exciting to finally see a Pluto project happen.
Old 2014-06-10, 21:28   Link #7
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Anther reboot what dose this make it now 50 now
Old 2014-06-11, 00:06   Link #8
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

There are only 2 series and 1 movie.
Old 2014-06-11, 00:17   Link #9
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
This looks pretty fun! I can only hope for a jungle emperor leo remake someday too (2009 doesn't count, that was bad.)
Old 2014-06-11, 04:45   Link #10
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
There are only 2 series and 1 movie.
3 series. The original in the 1960's, the 1980's version, and the 2009 version. I try to deny the movie exists (NICHOLAS CAGE can do comedy and drama but not everything else)
Old 2014-06-11, 08:19   Link #11
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
3 series. The original in the 1960's, the 1980's version, and the 2009 version. I try to deny the movie exists (NICHOLAS CAGE can do comedy and drama but not everything else)
That’s right. The OP song of the 80s series is still fresh in my mind. I remember watching it every Sunday morning when I was still in elementary-school. In fact, maybe Uran (Atom/Astro’s sister) was the first anime character that I considered moe. I sound a bit uncertain about it because I thought she was annoying too in some occasions . And I thought Atlas rocked back then.

As for the 2000s series, it was really good imo. It really improved in both the animation (obviously) and the story department. The series is still enjoyably episodic with Dr. Tenma as the archenemy becomes the red string that ties many of the events together. The story is darker than the previous series for many episodes (not surprising considering the ‘robot discrimination’ theme it brings) and so well-executed that makes it packs more punch. Oh, and they changed Atom/Astro’s archenemy, Atlas, from looking and behaving like an elegant Egyptian prince in the 80s into an angrily-energized robot in the 2000s which has a smaller role this time around. The OP & ED songs of this 00s series are the best of them all. Then the American version just had to scrap them and replaced them with a single techno BGM. It’s not even a good techno BGM, more like an incomprehensible tunes smashed together. Whoever behind that “brilliant” idea should never be allowed to work in entertainment industry ever again, seriously.

Tags
astroboy, reboot, tv series