Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-09-23, 17:39   Link #3621
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsunaga_hisahide View Post
Also thereīs still that guy who sent Gajeel into Fairy Tail, as well as Makarovīs Son/Laxus`dad who wants to get revenge on Fairy Tail, as well as the dragons out there.
The guy who sent Gajeel into FT was Luxus' dad.
Old 2010-09-24, 03:20   Link #3622
Clarste
Human

Lily's not that close to Gerard in either world. Edo-Gerard spent most of his life in Earthland anyway. I can't see him caring that much, although he may be surprised /shocked.

Speaking of which, Mystogan's plan to leave Lily as the leader after killing himself makes no sense now that we know that Exceed get pulled through the portal.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-24, 03:41   Link #3623
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Speaking of which, Mystogan's plan to leave Lily as the leader after killing himself makes no sense now that we know that Exceed get pulled through the portal.
He didn't know that every single sign of magic would get pulled through, which includes Exceed and Earthland mages.

In retrospective, his original plan would've caused a greater mess. But then again, Mystogan was never one who was a tactful person with his planning, really.

Choosing to leave Wendy in the middle of an abandoned village so suddenly, and expecting a random stranger to take care of her well. Then just suddenly running off when Erza caught a look of his real face, expecting them to settle it themselves, not even helping out to destroy the Thunder Lacrymas. And then there was his horribad timing of the entire Edoras arc start-off. He could had kept things a lot less suspenseful if he actually gave the pills in the beginning of the arc, instead of waiting until the very last second.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 03:23   Link #3624
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Fairy Tail 202 out.

All my shipping fantasies coming true in one chapter... and lol at Mest actually having a potential to not be a throwaway jobber.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-09-25, 03:31   Link #3625
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for ch202:

Last edited by Ravenblitz; 2010-09-25 at 03:45. Reason: LOL
Ravenblitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 03:40   Link #3626
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for ch202:
We know what Lisanna's power is, lol.
Old 2010-09-25, 03:42   Link #3627
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

^ never expected that mest would be mystogan's apprentice and I was a little surprised at that.
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 04:06   Link #3628
Clarste
Human

Anyway, it looks like they're dividing into fighter-support pairs where applicable.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 04:28   Link #3629
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just from reading 202, and the build up leading upto the upcoming test, i can see this being the best arc so far in Fairy Tail, i truly can.

Such teasing to do with Cana's backstory, though it's a bit pointless to find out about it now, especially after Lucy's outstanding reaction.

Oh Mashima, you're so not trying to hide your love for Gajeel x Levy.
Old 2010-09-25, 05:39   Link #3630
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I can see many shipping that will born in this arc And what's with Cana's past ? o.o;
Great Mashima, now I can't predict on who will be the S-rank mage after this arc is over >_>; I can see if you want to put Natsu as a S-rank mage to move the plot, but it's not like that it's mandatory for him to meet Igneel, right ?

And the pairings...seriously, all the pairings that I predicted before the chapter was released are all wrong lol

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 05:58   Link #3631
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Lucy getting closer to become an S-Class mage!

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 06:03   Link #3632
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
And the pairings...seriously, all the pairings that I predicted before the chapter was released are all wrong lol
Not Levy x Gajeel. That was predicted back in Laxus' arc.
Old 2010-09-25, 06:07   Link #3633
tarachi
Observer

So seeing that
Spoiler for :
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 06:10   Link #3634
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The pairings all make quite a bit of sense, really. It balances the sides well, so there's no 'clear' superior team among them.

Lucy expressed how I feel on Gray-Loki. "Since when?" Still, obvious bromance is so obvious. It makes me wish Fairy Tail had its own version of Patty. ( ZKC character )

Gajeel-Levy was very obvious, imo. Previously, one would say Lucy-Levy, but Lucy-Cana was implied last chapter, so only Gajeel's the best candidate. Mashima's been really really subtly hinting on the two of them for quite a while now, and with Gajeel not qualifying, now's the best time as ever. The future Raven Tail arc would no doubt put Gajeel's reputation down the drain, and he'll need some people in Fairy Tail who'll continue to believe in him regardless. (( 1o bucks on Makarov somehow being incapacitated again, thus having no one to prove that Gajeel was a double agent ))

Or it's simply because I'm a massive Gajeel-Levy shipper, so I hoped hard for it.

Lucy-Cana was extremely obvious. Same with Natsu-Happy and Fried-Bixlow. Natsu was never going to get either Lucy or Lisanna, since Lucy's taken by Cana and Elfman clearly wanted to take Lisanna.

Juvia-Lisanna and Evergreen-Elfman was much less obvious. I actually expected the reverse of this, to be honest.

Now, Mest being Mystogun's disciple was really... really strange. I'm not sure what is Mashima's intention with this, probably a way to wrap up what's left of Mystogun's story while not having him appear. Isn't it really strange that someone who's built up to be 'he's so private, he's so loner, he's so mysterious, he puts the entire guild to sleep just to take on missions, he does almost everything in the background, leaves a little girl in an abandoned village, etc' to be the kind of guy who even takes in a disciple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Not Levy x Gajeel. That was predicted back in Laxus' arc.
Not really. The natural assumption would be Lucy-Levy. But that got debunked last chapter with the bits of Lucy-Cana hints. So only Gajeel left.

Jet and Droy never stood a chance. And yeah, I noticed that our sig are pretty similar lol, though mine was made by mirroring the image.

Old 2010-09-25, 06:23   Link #3635
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Not really. The natural assumption would be Lucy-Levy. But that got debunked last chapter with the bits of Lucy-Cana hints. So only Gajeel left.
All i'm saying is that Levy x Gajeel has been hinted at in the past, that's all.
Old 2010-09-25, 07:14   Link #3636
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Yeah it has, but this chapter was like, the flag raiser. Sweet chapter btw, good build-up to this arc...and I can totally feel for Kana, I failed my driver's exams four times!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 07:56   Link #3637
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

Now, Mest being Mystogun's disciple was really... really strange. I'm not sure what is Mashima's intention with this, probably a way to wrap up what's left of Mystogun's story while not having him appear. Isn't it really strange that someone who's built up to be 'he's so private, he's so loner, he's so mysterious, he puts the entire guild to sleep just to take on missions, he does almost everything in the background, leaves a little girl in an abandoned village, etc' to be the kind of guy who even takes in a disciple?

[/size]
I agree with you. It's very strange to see that Mystogun's taken a disciple. This hasn't been mentioned in previous chapters (has it?). I guess we'll be seeing some fleshback of Mystogun and Mest's encounter.

Very hilarious chapter. I didn't see it coming... Loki and Grey, Juvia and Lisana, Evergreen and Elfman (poor guy). I can see Juvia changing her goal halfway to helping Grey become an S-class mage though. Juvia + Grey team. The unbeatble team! But what if Lucy has to go up against Loki? How would that go?

Levy and Gajeel combo is just fantastic. Jet and Droy - too bad.

Can't wait to see more!

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 08:19   Link #3638
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Very hilarious chapter. I didn't see it coming... Loki and Grey, Juvia and Lisana, Evergreen and Elfman (poor guy). I can see Juvia changing her goal halfway to helping Grey become an S-class mage though. Juvia + Grey team. The unbeatble team! But what if Lucy has to go up against Loki? How would that go?
I'm expecting the arc to be favs VS favs (Elfman VS Lisanna, Juvia VS Gray, Lucy VS Loki, dunno where to fit Natsu but this is a good first ladder...). Then again, Mashima has a knack for surprises
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 08:23   Link #3639
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
dunno where to fit Natsu
This new character that wants to meet Natsu?
Old 2010-09-25, 10:28   Link #3640
amjzz

Chapter 202:

What an interesting chapter with many great parts.

- Levi with Gajeel.
- Juvia with Lisanna.
- Mest with Wendy.
- Elfman with Evergreen.
- Gray with Loki.
- Natsu with Happy.
- Cana with Lucy.
- Fried with Bixlow.

It would be hilarious to see some fillers of lissana/juvia or lissana/wendy relations. These 2 are the most different compared to their edolas version.

Also, juvia was so adorable on this chapter when trying to say she wanted to be partner with gray.

Finally natsu's house appear, that was unexpected.
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen