AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-21, 11:28   Link #21
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
this is awesome
wow

..just wow.
Old 2009-07-21, 11:37   Link #22
JH24

Really amazing spoilers. Whitebeard has arrived and the true battle has begun.

I'm especially interested to see Kizaru, Akainu and Ao Kiji in action. If there was ever going to be a right moment, it just might as well be now. I hope we're going to see what an Admiral is truly capable off when they need to fight at full power. Or perhaps we'll even see SenGoku in battle.

Epic.
Old 2009-07-21, 11:54   Link #23
patnam

Well at least Whitebeard has made a history that no one can do...DESTROYING THE GATE OF JUSTICE TO PIECES!!!

3 gates, one destroyed...
3 places located at the Gates:
Enea's Lobby (Total destroyed)
Impel Down (Raid and possible destroyed)
Navy/Marine Headquarter (Going to be the third place to be destroyed)
Old 2009-07-21, 12:03   Link #24
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Now the key question remains, Who will be Luffy's oppenent is this climactic battle.

My bets are on kuma, since both of them seem to have some unfinished business, but i wouldn't count out one of the admirals. Maybe even Akainu since his abilities haven't been revealed so far and would be a great showcase against luffy.
Old 2009-07-21, 12:19   Link #25
marvelB

^ I highly doubt that Luffy would fight Kuma, especially since he told Luffy at Sabaody that they would never meet again. And we also already know that Luffy's nowhere near capable of taking on an admiral at this point, as well. I still think that the admirals will be reserved for Whitebeard.....

As for Luffy's opponent, I already mentioned the possibility of Magellan. The only other guy I can think of beside him is Sentoumaru, since Luffy said at Amazon Lily that he would return the favor for the beating he gave him at Sabaody. But seeing as that guy's a bodyguard for Vegapunk, we probably won't be seeing him fight in this war......

By the way, seeing as we've got various pirates of the New World backing up Whitebeard, I wouldn't be surprised if any outside parties (specifically Kaidou) comes along to back up the marines and Shichibukai, for the sake of taking down Newgate.And then there's still the question of whether or not Dragon will get involved......
Old 2009-07-21, 12:28   Link #26
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

So what? Its highly unlikely that what he said was true, Besides the likelihood of magellan coming after them, at least right away isn't that high.
Old 2009-07-21, 12:52   Link #27
james0246

^This could be Blackbeard D. Kuma's fated/desired Moria v. Luffy Part II: The Reckoning.

That being said, Luffy has several individuals he "owes" a second fight to: the Pacifista, Sentomaru, Smoker, even technically Aokiji. Luffy doesn't really care about Kuma, and, realistically, Zoro "owes" Kuma far more than Luffy does.
Old 2009-07-21, 13:26   Link #28
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post

And I don’t want to shattered that mood, but Im a Pessimist by nature, and I have to wait and see if Oda is going to deliver with a good epic battle, or he just made a tease with this, and in reality, there will be no chance of battle, rather a plot where or Either WB is captured without much fight, or WB escape with Ace, with little resistance.
It crossed my mind that Whitebeard would surrender himself for his "son", and in turn be executed hoping to maintian the balance of power. Telling Ace to take up his mantle. I dunno, with the way things have gone this seems to be probable to me, or it's my lack of knowledge on Whitebeard all together.
Old 2009-07-21, 13:48   Link #29
Prestige

Wild horse of the WG is Vegapunk I believe,

He can manifest techology that is over 500 years ahead of One Piece worlds time and while Pacifistas are very strong I think he has something else nasty prepared.

There might be even Pacifista/Kizaru type laser cannons on Marineford and other nasty stuff.

Remember that it World Goverment wanted to this war happen and they are prepared, we shall see what happens during this major conflict
Old 2009-07-21, 13:56   Link #30
valk0v

WB, Divisions Commanders, Unknown captains from new world (WOW they must be monsters to be from New World and be allied with WB), Luffy (and eventually his crew) + Dragon (coming to help Luffy) after all he is the biggest threat to WG and i doubt it that he'll lose the chanse, Reylegh (after all Ace is his captain's (and best friend) son). Also expected for me are Red haired pirates (go go shanks).

VS
Gorousei (the biggest ones, they must be WB class), Sengoku, 3 Admirals, Shichibukai's and etc

Luffy must fight Ao kiji and use haki to beat him.
This is what i expect

PS sorry if my english is bad, no hard feelings
Old 2009-07-21, 14:02   Link #31
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
It crossed my mind that Whitebeard would surrender himself for his "son", and in turn be executed hoping to maintian the balance of power. Telling Ace to take up his mantle. I dunno, with the way things have gone this seems to be probable to me, or it's my lack of knowledge on Whitebeard all together.
nah no way in hell that would happen, only time marines deal with pirates is when they become a Shichibukai. Why would they exchange when the chance to kill both arises.
2 of the biggest names in the pirate world are on the marines side of the court and one of them is in bad shape, perfect chance to get rid of them.

Well I missed out on last chapter chit chat, just never really felt up to it but damn this chapter is awesome!

its all kicking of now, just wondering what happens when Luffy jumps into the fray.
Old 2009-07-21, 14:08   Link #32
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Yeah.
I don't see Luffy fighting anyone besides Sentoumaru or Smoker.
One thing that I'm not buying is the Pirates that Whitebeard brought from the new world squaring off against the Shichibukai.
Simply because I don't see anybody being that strong enough to face them.
I mean c'mon, Mihawk is strong enough to be a Yonkou, he used to fight with Shanks all the time.
That being said, I think the Pirates that came from the New World are fillers until Red-Haired Shanks and Dark King Rayleigh shows up.
Speaking of Shanks, I always did want to see Ben Beckman fight.
Old 2009-07-21, 14:12   Link #33
james0246

^The pirates he brought have to be fairly strong (not awe inspiring, but enough to match up, however briefly, against the Shichibukai), if for no other reason than other Yonkou (including Whitebeard) haven't simply absorbed them into their crews or simply destroyed them.
Old 2009-07-21, 14:14   Link #34
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
Speaking of Shanks, I always did want to see Ben Beckman fight.

Personally, I was always interested in seeing Lucky Roux (the fat guy) fight, especially if that rumor about him being the fastest man in the Grand Line is true.

And as for those New World captains, while I kinda do agree that they'll eventually fall to the Shichibukai, I definitely wouldn't say that they would be mere fodder, either. I mean, we already knew that the NW contained several silver medalists who only lost to Whitebeard and Roger, so how do we know that these guys aren't on the same level....?
Old 2009-07-21, 15:11   Link #35
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
This should be interesting. True the Shchibukai are there....but 3 admirals? dam....
Old 2009-07-21, 15:52   Link #36
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^This could be Blackbeard D. Kuma's fated/desired Moria v. Luffy Part II: The Reckoning.

That being said, Luffy has several individuals he "owes" a second fight to: the Pacifista, Sentomaru, Smoker, even technically Aokiji. Luffy doesn't really care about Kuma, and, realistically, Zoro "owes" Kuma far more than Luffy does.
Luffy vs Moria would be anti-climactic. No one wants to see him fight someone he's already defeated once. Smoker is just fodder, he's not even someone big in the WG.
Old 2009-07-21, 16:06   Link #37
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetic_justice View Post
Luffy vs Moria would be anti-climactic. No one wants to see him fight someone he's already defeated once. Smoker is just fodder, he's not even someone big in the WG.
I strongly disagree about Smoker, he could easily be a vice-admiral if not for his attidute 'problem'.

Smoker is a problem child for marines, he is very strong and could even fight Ace toe to toe and he was known to Grand Line before he even entered on it.

He really is no fodder and he could have rank up to vice-admiral if he would just fall into a fold and bow his head before his superiors...
Old 2009-07-21, 16:18   Link #38
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetic_justice View Post
Smoker has a direct pipe-line to Aokiji (for some unknown reason), is a Logia user, and has, so far, shown no sign of possible weaknesses that could be used against him in a fight. Added to that, he is a named character, and name characters are never canon fodder.

That being said, a Luffy v. Moria fight does seem anti-climatic, and I do not really want it, but it seems far more likely than a fight between Kuma and Luffy, and amongst the listed big name characters, Moria is the only one that we can say Luffy could possibly beat (it would also be a great way for the world to know that Luffy beat Moria).
Old 2009-07-21, 16:29   Link #39
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

I think one or two of you were bashing Luffy a little too low under the belt: while I do not think he should beat anyone other than, say, one or two extremely distinguished Vice Admirals, I would also love, since this IS Luffy's style, for him to at least rush at the three Admirals at once, and land a hit on say, Akainu while saying something awesome, and streaming out smoke from Gear Two.

Or just crushing the whole execution stake with a Gear Three attack as a symbolic manifestation of his anger, (similar to the burning of Impel Down's flag), and hitting Sengoku a square one as well.

Not saying he should beat him, but Luffy's presence at Mariejois warrants a bit of rep.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2009-07-21, 17:29   Link #40
SMASHERJACKSON

i think luffy only rly owes a fight to megallen and sentomarou right now, i think he should face aoikiji and smoker later on as they both sort of ambushed him [he didnt exactly expect to meet them where as the former two should hav been expected].
Closed Thread