AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-01-28, 17:27   Link #1
Cream

What's the one reccomendation you would give?

Hello, i'm looking for really good anime to watch since i happen to be having a good semester so far(even though it just started it seems easy going) so i can go back to watching lots of anime. I don't want to go back to watching everything nonsenselessy, i want to be able to fully enjoy the anime.

If you had to reccomend one anime to someone what would it be and why? I enjoy all types but prefer to stay away from the superb amount of fan service.

If you want to check what i have seen so far feel free to check my animelist:
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Sibiou

Thanks in advance! Also unsure what anime are airing currently so is there any that look good so far?
Old 2013-01-28, 18:24   Link #2
jedinat

I'd recommend Juuni Kokuki, which is on your plan to watch list... it's just a great fantasy story. It has a heroine that starts out weak and actually grows; it has two other girls that are extremely flawed that find their own path to growth before they all finally meat each other. It takes place in a fleshed out world full of history and character. There are some of my favorite type of plot elements--for example, where the protagonist is powerful/famous, yet she's working incognito... which facilitates those delicious "reveal" moments.. Finally, it's pretty much the only quality "classic" fantasy adventure story to be found in anime, imho...
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 21:18   Link #3
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Just one title? Hmm..that's hard, but if you really want a title with great story, decent action and interesting characters, look no further than Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. FMA: Brotherhood is a remake of Fullmetal Alchemist. The goal of this remake is to be more faithful to the manga's story in terms of adaptation. This doesn't mean that the first series is bad. The story is just bleaker than the remake. So, you're free to choose between FMA & FMA: Brotherhood.

As for the currently airing show, you should check out Zetsuen no Tempest, a fantasy-action-mystery anime with well-written story too. I don't want to tell you much about the story since the strong point of this anime is how the mystery reveal itself. Don't read any spoilers before you watch this anime. IMO it's one of the best series in 2012 which still airing today.

There's no significant fanservice between the two series.
Old 2013-01-28, 21:33   Link #4
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I'd probably recommend Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 21:39   Link #5
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

The best anime in my library are 5 Centimetres per second and Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn: I was going to recommend CLANNAD, CLANNAD: After Story and Kanon, but you've already finished them In particular, Gundam Unicorn should convey the epicness of Gundam that AGE might have not (and I do apologise to AGE fans, but it isn't exactly the best Gundam series for everyone)
Old 2013-01-28, 22:07   Link #6
kitten320

Was about to suggest Kokoro Connect going that you liked all Key works and AnoHana, but you already have it in your watching list.

Really hard to suggest anything here... I personally am into dark/mystery genres which don't seem to be your type of series.

If I am to suggest something light, engaging and emotional it would be Chihayafuru with it's beautiful art and energetic characters as well as simple but engaging story that won't leave you unemotional.

Anime focuses on a Japanese card game Karuta. The game on its own sounds boring but anime was able to show so many sides to it that it is hard to stay oblivious.
Old 2013-01-28, 22:19   Link #7
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Going by your plan to watch list i'd go with chihayafuru as well,season 2 just started airing so you can marathon S1 and then watch S2!
Old 2013-01-29, 12:04   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Monster. Go watch it now.

If that doesn't work for you, give Cross Game a try.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 14:53   Link #9
Eragon
Still Alive

Berserk <--- Has become my staple recommendation since quite a while now.
Old 2013-01-29, 15:30   Link #10
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

From the types of shows and pacings you seemed to lean to:

Aria the Animation. Has the kind of visuals, ambience and characters I think you would be into.
Old 2013-02-03, 17:26   Link #11
DrSmith

Just one title heh, ok I'll go for Noir.
Good action, interesting characters, mysterious plot and no fan-service.
DrSmith is offline   Reply With Quote