AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 17 36.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 26.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 17.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 10.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 8.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-12, 06:34   Link #81
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
Personally, I like Horizon better than GC. At some point, I just got sick of the usual archetypal characters and predictable story line. I am not trying to refute anyone's view but it is interesting to see how subjective this argument is. 4Tran sees "it's easy to see where the characters stand, the lead up of events" as a strength while I perceive is a weakness because it just makes the story plain. Horizon may not be top notch adaptation and it has definite flaws like difficult comprehension, but I still enjoy watching it. Edit: I also agree the with the current story telling, Horizon has little to hold its reader as interesting, but there is also a vast amount of unexplored materials.

More on-topic... I would kill for the next episode. Toori grabbing Suzu's breast makes me very jealousy.
I have a more simpler reason for liking Horizon over CG- The characters are far more likeable and entertaining to watch.
Old 2011-11-13, 09:58   Link #82
jimjimex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I have a more simpler reason for liking Horizon over CG- The characters are far more likeable and entertaining to watch.

Agree. Both GC and Horizon don't spell out the background info to their audience.
Both main character's motive involves chasing after their love.

But the characters in Horizon are MUCH easier to connect with, even in that hell absurd of a futuristic world. They feel human. They feel touchable.
On the other hand, all GC characters feel like pawns to tell / hide a bigger story, which I don't care about anymore.
Old 2011-11-13, 10:26   Link #83
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjimex View Post
On the other hand, all GC characters feel like pawns to tell / hide a bigger story, which I don't care about anymore.
Actually it's even simpler than that

In GC, you have a wuss, a jerk, and every other person is a two-faced dick.

Seriously, how are you suppose to root for anyone -_- ?
Old 2011-11-17, 22:01   Link #84
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Okay. Watched the sixth chapter.

At first, I thought that Horizon not only permeated the whole way of life and balance in that story's universe, but as well having had an impact in the lives of each of those misfits from the crazy classroom.

But, the truth is that one who truly inspired them, who gave them each one hope, and a reason to be happy and be themselves was none other than Torii.

And, they simply wanted to repay the favor by supporting Torii and looking forward to the day that he would confess to Horizon, and once Torii lost all of his spirits to smile again the classroom itself went gloomy and silent.

Fortunately, our cute Suzu "Bell" Mikai (no eyes, loli) confessed her written feelings through Asama reading as proxy her essay about her first day at elementary school, and how Torii and her sister came to her life. How they held her hand and all climbed upstairs for their first day of school.

The important thing was that Suzu wanted not to see Torii unhappy again, and she was in full support to get Horizon to be rescued.
Jeez, she went far ahead than Asama did by actually letting Torii feel how "grown-up" had she become.
Surprising that Torii asked for a load back with the rest of the girls not seeking to deliver punishment against him?

Now, the thing is how will Masazumi take it once learning that the entire classroom to which "she's" acting as vice-president to plans a rescue attempt of Horizon, regardless if "she's" with or against them.

BTW, since Torii's like a puppet or classroom president in name only, then obviously he holds no real power to held student council meetings in his own classroom, right?
Old 2011-11-17, 22:12   Link #85
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Surprising that Torii asked for a load back with the rest of the girls not seeking to deliver punishment against him?
If anything the guys were more infuriated, I guess because none of them could get away with it.

Hurry and watch the next episode!
Old 2011-11-18, 23:29   Link #86
Zeroblade
エロ大魔王

Right, this is a little late for me to be asking, but was there any explanation on why they needed Seijun for getting resupplied? I've been reading all over, but nothing so far orz
Old 2011-11-19, 12:15   Link #87
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroblade View Post
Right, this is a little late for me to be asking, but was there any explanation on why they needed Seijun for getting resupplied? I've been reading all over, but nothing so far orz
Nope, that should be explained in this week's episode ... kinda ... maybe ...
Closed Thread