AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-08-18, 19:23   Link #261
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwl12
Hellychan, I like that photo of you on the Great Wall of China. It certainly shows how long it is. How far did you walk?
Thx!^^ Hmm...I didn't walk too much (maybe 1 kilometer ) but I kept going up ( in fact I was racing with my little bro ) then when we arrived at the highest point of the "walkable" part it began to rain, so we decided to go back because the floor was very slippery ( we had to hold a handrail to come down without slipping )

Quote:
I would post some photos I took in my recent trip to NYC, but they did not turn out so well...
Aww...that's too bad

Muir Woods > Wow! Those fireworks pics are beautiful!

StoneColdCrazy > That pic of London is very nice, it looks like a painting

LoveOfAnime > That "night view" observatory pic looks amazing! Looks like some UFO's aura lol

0ink > I really like the sunlights in your garden's pic! ^^ And is that some blue plant on the left? O_O
Old 2004-08-18, 19:51   Link #262
0ink
Animal Mafia Godfather

Send a message via AIM to 0ink Send a message via Yahoo to 0ink
Nah, Thats the reflection in the water playing mindgames with you.

If i wasnt so lazy i'd show you the other pictures... but... im lazy
0ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-18, 20:09   Link #263
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ink
Nah, Thats the reflection in the water playing mindgames with you.
Doh~! I see

Hmm...lazy you...¬_¬
Old 2004-08-19, 17:40   Link #264
ZhanDVG
Hail to the Sky~

One my way home one day last week this semi started tailgating me, so I did the only sensible thing: snap a photo of it in my rear-view mirror. Man, that was a challenge at 80 mph ;v Turned out beautifully though
ZhanDVG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 18:58   Link #265
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

LOL! What have you been thinking at that moment?

Great shot! Looks like a chase scene

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhanDVG
Man, that was a challenge at 80 mph ;v
I believe you ^^;
Old 2004-08-19, 19:49   Link #266
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Now these photos are rather crappy and given the conditions they were taken under (leaning out the window of a vehicle travelling at 110km/h in the outside lane of a steel frame bridge) it's a miracle that both the photos turned out and that I survived. ^^;

It looks pretty normal, except the time difference between the above image and the one below is only about 3 seconds.

Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 20:54   Link #267
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Mr_ paper how can you complain about your cam? is fantastic! this is what happens when I tried to take a pic through the car window

my cam sucks

oh I almost forgot... theres something about your photo...
Spoiler for evidence:

I think its aliens!, my theory is Harogenki told them to follow you... they are chasing you! run away now!
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 21:04   Link #268
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
Mr_ paper how can you complain about your cam? is fantastic! this is what happens when I tried to take a pic through the car window

<images>

my cam sucks

oh I almost forgot... theres something about your photo...
Spoiler for evidence:

I think its aliens!, my theory is Harogenki told them to follow you... they are chasing you! run away now!
Who said I was taking those through the window? At the time of those photos it would be safe to say that more than half of my boby was outside of the vehicle. There wasn't a window between me and those buildings. ^^;

Last edited by Mr_Paper; 2004-08-19 at 23:32.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 23:11   Link #269
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
Spoiler:
Omg...what font is that??!?
...Must have....awesome font....that.....Mantidor used...

Nice sky pictures ^^
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-19, 23:49   Link #270
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOfAnime

This one is taken the next day, looking down from inside the Observatory in Sky Tower. You can stand on that glass but as I am severely afraid of heights, I just leaned over and snapped the picture.
Hey, you and I share a common fear, fear of heights! Looking at that pic makes my feet wobble. Actually, looking at anything 10 feet below me and my knees turn into jello. I already have a hard time taking pictures outsite my room window (my room's at the 2nd floor).

ZhanDVG, you know what you should of done? Set the car on cruise control, flip the finger at the trucker, and take a picture of it, just like this icon ...heh heh heh.

Just so we're on the topic of Aliens and UFOs, I got another UFO lights picture. At the same area in the sky too ! Actually, I can take "UFO lights" every night outsite my window. I'll leave that to your imagination...
Spoiler for UFO lights:

Just to satisfy my inner cat, what are your weapons of choice to shoot pictures? I already know StoneColdCrazy's, and Mr. Paper's disposal cameras. Mine's a Sony DSC-P72 3.2 Megapixel camera with a puny 16 megabyte memory stick.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 01:07   Link #271
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Just to satisfy my inner cat, what are your weapons of choice to shoot pictures? I already know StoneColdCrazy's, and Mr. Paper's disposal cameras. Mine's a Sony DSC-P72 3.2 Megapixel camera with a puny 16 megabyte memory stick.

Mine is a Canon Powershot S10 2.1 Megapixel with a 256MB CF Card
LoveOfAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 02:38   Link #272
ZhanDVG
Hail to the Sky~

I use an Olympus Camedia C-740 UltraZoom - 3.2 MegaPixel - 10x Optical, 3x Digital, 30x Combined Zoom
ZhanDVG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 10:09   Link #273
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrodeath
Omg...what font is that??!?
...Must have....awesome font....that.....Mantidor used...

Nice sky pictures ^^
those arent exactly sky pics, if my cam wasnt as bad, you could see that the clouds seemed like if they were touching the ground, thats a photo of a plain land, not the sky.

As for the font... I cant find it! >_<! when you asked for it I start looking in the million fonts I had but there were so many I couldnt find it, when I finally can Ill give it to you. anyway I probably got it here: http://www.1001freefonts.com/fontfiles/ its a pain to look fonts there, but some of them are definitely worth the frustration of getting one after another not so spectacular font.

Mr_paper, those are taking through the car's window but not through the glass! the glass was down at the moment. In the case of those pictures, mine tend to be simple awful because the cam takes between 5-10 seconds to completly take a pic...

My cam is a crappy creative digital camera. No flash, no zoom, no focus at all T_T
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 17:34   Link #274
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhanDVG
I use an Olympus Camedia C-740 UltraZoom - 3.2 MegaPixel - 10x Optical, 3x Digital, 30x Combined Zoom
Wow 10x optical zoom? That must be a really expensive camera. o.O
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-20, 18:33   Link #275
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

For the latest photos that I posted, I used a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-U30: 2.0 Megapixels
Old 2004-08-23, 15:04   Link #276
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Quote:
Wow 10x optical zoom? That must be a really expensive camera. o.O
Well, actually, you might be surprised. A friend of mine has one of those and it wasn't too expensive. 4 and 5 MP cameras are becoming popular now and a lot of buyers, especially casual/amateur photographers, will think a camera with a higher resolution is preferable to one with extra features. A 4 MP camera with a few pre-programmed settings is more likely to sell than a 3 MP with more zoom and shutter speed/aperture size settings, simply because a lot of people feel that those cameras are old hat.

Personally, I think 2MP cameras can take some pretty good shots, 3MP very good (usually more than decent enough for A4 printing, but the quality of the lens on the camera you buy can affect the picture as well as the CCD resolution - my old Olympus 3MP was unusually sharp) and many people will never need anything more than a 4MP, but you can bet they'll buy the most 'powerful' they can anyway...

SCC
StoneColdCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 05:37   Link #277
onearmedscissor
elda taluta

I found a camera in the woods! [56k death]

last week i went to this place all surrounded by tall hills and mountains where theres a bunch of cool trails for hiking and stuff. anyway, i'm just walking around this one trail when i saw what looked like a silver box, but it turned out to be a digital camera!

it's this sweet 3.3 megapixel powershot s20! kinda scratched up, but otherwise fine. when i got home, i saw it had a 300 mb hard drive inside. this is like a 300 dollar value so i was pretty amped. anyway, just wanted to share. it also had some pictures already on it of the woods and stuff, so you can see the sweet forest area where i was hanging out.

Spoiler for ton of photos:

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-08-24 at 06:05.
onearmedscissor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 13:04   Link #278
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Wow, that's a pretty lucky find! Those woods look freaking sweet! Like something out of a movie or a novel. Where is that exactly?
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 14:53   Link #279
StoneColdCrazy
Noumenon

Send a message via ICQ to StoneColdCrazy Send a message via MSN to StoneColdCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by onearmedscissor
it's this sweet 3.3 megapixel powershot s20! kinda scratched up, but otherwise fine. when i got home, i saw it had a 300 mb hard drive inside. this is like a 300 dollar value so i was pretty amped. anyway, just wanted to share. it also had some pictures already on it of the woods and stuff, so you can see the sweet forest area where i was hanging out.
Whereabouts do you live? That area looks like a great place to do some photography. I'm not sure about some of the pictures you've taken, I'd say some of them lack composition or clarity, but I think there's some good stuff in there, I especially this one:

Spoiler:

The mist looks lovely in some of the pictures but unfortunately flash photography doesn't tend to work well in foggy weather and mostly illuminates the water droplets, giving you a bright, blurry foreground and making the rest of the picture very faded:

Spoiler:

I like the idea of a single hand working its way into some of the shots as well, and interacting with the environment. Have you considered returning to this site and doing photography in a variety of weather and lighting conditions? I think that could be really interesting.

SCC
StoneColdCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 16:20   Link #280
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Wow, it sure takes a while to load these pages even on broadband. The pictures of the ruins in the woods reminds me of those Indiana Jones or Tomb Raider shows...
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
photography