Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-18, 18:54   Link #1001
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
If you want to see the fight, go watch the preview for this episode.
I saw it... But I want more, its seemed such and awesome fight that I want too see extended too atleast 5 minutes.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 20:27   Link #1002
takodori

Just two cents about Ganryujima

Ganryujima where Togame and Shichika landed in Ep.4 is a small island which actually exist. The island has another name as Funajima. It is a famous for the duel between Miyamoto Musashi and Sasaki Kojiro which almost all Japanese know. For more information, please see the following Wikipedia articles;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miyamot...ki_Kojir.C5.8D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funajima

And the official website of the island in Japanese is here.
http://www.city.shimonoseki.yamaguch...ima/index.html
takodori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 21:25   Link #1003
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

i wonder if shickika will fight his sister again, to prove to her he got alot stronger? btw by how many years older is nanami?
clarakiss~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 21:37   Link #1004
Clarste
Human

I'm guessing she'll be the final boss or close to it, now that she's taken an interest in the outside world.

And maybe 4 years older or so?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 23:10   Link #1005
velvet
"with you, happiness"

Nanami stage unlocked. She now has access to leave the island, tyvm chou.
So, basically, the 3 ninjas just unleashed a very cute monster into the outside world.

I like where this is going.

velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 23:13   Link #1006
tsunade666

but the episodes are 12 right? which means 1 sword per episode and also means the chances for me to see the best fight ever that had been trolled are slim. Unless like this part. They will skip on how he got the other swords and go straight with the others story.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 23:36   Link #1007
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
I always wanted to see more Nanami as i thought she was cool and she mightve gotten ignored. I was shocked that this episode was devoted to her, but in a good way.

Nanami.

Is.

Badass.

The only way to win is to outlast her, i have a feeling she will remain the strongest for the rest of the series.

Those ninjas did indeed unleash a monster.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 00:00   Link #1008
tsunade666

she had a fatal weakness though she can't fight for long. And look at the battle on the three ninjas. She start coughing after the second battle.

But even if she can't fight for long its not like you would last 5-10 seconds against her. YOU WOULD DIE PAINLESSLY IN AN INSTANT ><
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 00:13   Link #1009
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

"Cheated"? Seriously?
Almost the entirety of the battle went into preview. They did animate it.
Just because it wasn't integrated into the episode doesn't mean we didn't see it.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 00:29   Link #1010
Freeter
beyond

I'm betting Nishio himself instigated this epic troll. The whole end segment with Shichika and Togame was such a blatant parody of Shaft it had me rolling

Didn't mind not seeing the fight at all since Nanami easily stole the show. Girl is downright terrifying (the whole torture scene and the flashback with her mentioning ripping out Shichika's fingernails had me cringing). Her illness is ultimately going to be her Achilles heel, otherwise they'd have to rename the show Nanamigatari

I hope next ep's preview is another brilliant troll and we end up getting more collarbone action
Old 2010-04-19, 00:44   Link #1011
Forsaken_Infinity

This episode was epic win. Nanami is, without a doubt, the very definition of wicked. I want more of her, let her idiot brother be.
Old 2010-04-19, 00:59   Link #1012
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
she had a fatal weakness though she can't fight for long. And look at the battle on the three ninjas. She start coughing after the second battle.

But even if she can't fight for long its not like you would last 5-10 seconds against her. YOU WOULD DIE PAINLESSLY IN AN INSTANT ><
I'm not that optimistic. Does she even do painless death?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
I'm betting Nishio himself instigated this epic troll. The whole end segment with Shichika and Togame was such a blatant parody of Shaft it had me rolling

Didn't mind not seeing the fight at all since Nanami easily stole the show. Girl is downright terrifying (the whole torture scene and the flashback with her mentioning ripping out Shichika's fingernails had me cringing). Her illness is ultimately going to be her Achilles heel, otherwise they'd have to rename the show Nanamigatari
Heh, yeah. Had Togame realised, it'd be a yuri show.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 01:01   Link #1013
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Just watched ep4, and this is what I got from the last 10 minutes of dialogue:

Shichika: "lol, you wanted to see my fight with Sabi?"
Togame: "Roflmao, you just got trolled! XD"

That's what I felt when they described the fight XD It was just like they were making fun of us! XD Still, Nanami is awesome. Maybe more awesome than what the fight with Sabi could have been
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 01:08   Link #1014
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

Man... Nanami is the best. She's like a goddess, can learn just by seeing once and master it by seeing twice, does not die through illness and poison.... just what is she???
Old 2010-04-19, 01:15   Link #1015
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

This episode was fucking amazing, but it's kinda ass backwards to root for the brother now when you know the sister would own the shit out of everyone.

I guess that just goes to show you how he even has the ability to beat anyone else anyway.

I hope she fights again soon, he's fucking lifeless in battle and Togame needs to be on my lap in the damn nude like yesterday.

<3

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 01:19   Link #1016
Eater of All
NOM

I don't tend to make avatars since I suck at graphics, but hell even I gotta pay tribute to this epic smile.

Reset:

Loop:

Free for taking.

And now that the shock on the episode has worn off, I can properly write my impressions. Having not read the novels like 95% of us here, it's no surprise that I was also really ancitipating the battle between Shichika and Hakuhei (especially given the constant in-series hype, the -inducing preview, and the general lack of extensive action scenes in the past). It's a shame we didn't get to see it, but goddamn it was worth it just to see Nanami's delicious evilness in its full Nakahara-voiced glory instead. She's simultaneously cute, awesome, scary, and creepy at the same goddamned time guys, hell if she's not my favorite character after this. The three Maniwani ninjas were also surprisingly fleshed out to the point that I almost felt sad to see them get pwned by Nanami. Almost. The "I'm getting married" death flag Chouchou pulled was pretty hilarious though.
Old 2010-04-19, 01:27   Link #1017
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

The question is, why couldn't we have both of Nanami's epicness AND Sabi fight?
Old 2010-04-19, 01:51   Link #1018
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I love how everyone is calling this a troll, like it's the second coming of Endless Eight. You want to know what this reminds me of?

"Now, finally, the shocking truth about Cartman's lineage...will not be seen tonight so we can bring you the following special presentation..."

Loved it when that happened, and loved this episode. We didn't get epic sword battle, but we've got 8 more episodes for that. What we got was a cross between Ryoko Asakura, Alucard, and Rika Furude. On steroids. If she ain't the most God damned scary little lady in history, I don't know what is. Epic win. No amount of repetitive swordplay would have beaten this.

And did anyone else notice this was the April episode of Katanagatari? Knowing NisiOisiN's humor from Bakemonogatari, this shouldn't have really surprised—or disappointed— anyone.
Old 2010-04-19, 02:11   Link #1019
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I was wondering, in Mazui's release they noted the swords as Needle, The Light and Armor, The Grudge. Where did they get those names, is it in the guide book or something believe it seems kinda off. Don't tell me it was because of Daniel Lind's trailer.....
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 02:17   Link #1020
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Also, what makes Nanami scary is not that she is so sadistic, which she is, its that because of her background that she doesnt understand what level of pain is inhumane. Shes kinda like her brother on some levels of ignorance.

But damn...........it wouldntt surprise me if the reason their father got isolated was to keep his daughter contained.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy