AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-09-12, 03:15   Link #1
Glitch87

Okami

With the release of this (much anticipated????) ps2 game rearing it's head on the 20th (19th 21th 22nd depending on where you are), I thought I'd start a thread on this amazing looking action adventure game.
http://ww2.capcom.com/okami/ <---- definitely check that out!! nice music (from the game?)
Okami - (Taken from Ign.com) The first original title from Capcom's Clover Studio -- headed up by Viewtiful Joe producer Atsushi Inaba. Okami takes place in a time when people still believed in the existence of God. The world has become a lifeless place, as shown in the game's use of Hokusai-style Japanese woodblock print visuals. Playing as Ama Terasu, a sun god who takes on the form of a wolf, your goal is to bring life back to the world. Bringing life back to the world involves defeating lots of beasts. With each beast you defeat, the world's life force is restored just a bit, with colors and eventually people appearing.

Thoughts? Opinions?

I definitely have my copy preordered.
Glitch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 08:43   Link #2
Dark`
The Terror of Death

I preordered it as well, it looks to be a great game. My local EB says that the game should be shipping it on the 19th (week from today)...so the countdown begins!
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 08:55   Link #3
Glitch87

when they say shipping it usually means that your local eb will have it on the 20th, if your eb is anything like mine.
Old 2006-09-12, 09:38   Link #4
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

definitely pre-ordered- Some are calling it the last great game on the ps2 (although that honor probably goes to FF12). I can't wait for this and God Hand, as Clover Studios always seems to put out very polished games.
Old 2006-09-12, 11:08   Link #5
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch87
when they say shipping it usually means that your local eb will have it on the 20th, if your eb is anything like mine.
Yeah, I know. But with Xenosaga III, the shipping date was the 29th, but they got it in on that day as opposed to the 30th (which was actually the date they had in the system for when the game would arrive). So I'm hoping the same thing happens with Okami.
Dark` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 11:25   Link #6
hi no ken Jebus

Ah Okami kind of short but well worth the time. I only did the main quest stuff and didn't do much of the extra junk in the japanese one like power up some of your skills and what not. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone and Godhand is due out in a few days in japan which is another game I've been looking forward to.
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 11:28   Link #7
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi no ken Jebus
Ah Okami kind of short but well worth the time. I only did the main quest stuff and didn't do much of the extra junk in the japanese one like power up some of your skills and what not. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone and Godhand is due out in a few days in japan which is another game I've been looking forward to.
That's odd...I read in (was it GI? can't remember) that there was supposed to be roughly 50 hours of gameplay. So there's just a hella-ton of sidequests?

BTW- what's your sig from?
Old 2006-09-21, 22:07   Link #8
Glitch87

games been out for about 2 days now folks and boy is it all kinds of awesome.. Picture zelda + kingdom hearts and you have Okami. not necessarily better than either series but i think its amazing enough to be in the same league.
Old 2006-09-22, 01:05   Link #9
ImperialPanda

Can't play it until I can get my hands on a TV... tuner card has like a 1s lag lol =/

IGN and gamespot are definately pimping this game hard tho.
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 08:33   Link #10
Glitch87

rightfully so.

its not the best game ever but it is a game you need to play if you own a ps2 and are into anything japanese at all.

im not sure the average collige halo playur will like it.
Old 2006-09-22, 09:20   Link #11
LynRee
-

Indeed, it's one great game, I've finished the Japanese version during the summer. Not as complex as Zelda, though, and by that I mean it's VERY easy. Too easy, sadly. But everything else compensates for that, the atmosphere, the environment, the brush techniques, and the fact that Amaterasu is extremely cute. ^__^
LynRee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 03:28   Link #12
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Got the english version, excellent game. Really worth your time. Cool Cel-shaded graphcs and love the whole paintbrush genre, unique and creative.
________
NEW JERSEY MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:31.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 14:09   Link #13
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Got it for my birthday. I half expected to receive Odama instead, but then remembered this is my mother we're talking about and she knows quite a bit about my lifestyle, as long as I spelled it for her. I'm kind of stuck in the Shinshu field and apparently the game wants me to heal 15 trees so Mr. Orange can do his dance. Well there are no more trees to heal that I can find in this area, unless he means the ones in the village. Why don't I try that and see what happens. Anyway I like how the characters talk in disc scratches, you'd almost thank this was a Katamari game.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 15:11   Link #14
Samourai
Le samouraļ est le illest

Send a message via AIM to Samourai
I picked this game uptoday, its going to be tough going to sleep toning and going to school tomorrow.
Samourai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 20:33   Link #15
Samourai
Le samouraļ est le illest

Send a message via AIM to Samourai
im about to start the game right now, im gonna be so tired in school tomorrow, ill post my first impressions tomorrow...............
Samourai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 17:42   Link #16
Rosepetal

I just got this game and I'm enjoying it a lot! What fun with the brush!! I'm going to be ditching other things in order to have time to play this, but it's worth the sacrifice...Of course it is.....
Rosepetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 20:11   Link #17
Liquidus
╞╩╗

It's a great game, too bad Clover is no more. Dissolved back into Capcom.
Liquidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 20:43   Link #18
Lebron
I hear voices

Its sad the game didn't sell to well. It really is a work of art in overall artstyle design and graphics. Its easily a candidate for game of the year.
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 02:20   Link #19
Keios
Q(°.°Q)

Looks awesomely awesome. I'll definitely buy it when it's released here in Europe. I wish it was 21st of February 2007 already.
Keios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 12:39   Link #20
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
The art direction in this game is just... wow. It really shows what you can do on last-generation systems. There's not a PS3 or XBox 360 game out there that matches Okami's style yet. Well, that's debateable.

I will probably pick it up over Winter break, when I have some time to burn.

It's understandable why it didn't sell well though. You really have to have followed its development to realize how good it is. Otherwise it looks like a... fox game.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote