Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-06, 20:18   Link #1521
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurosground View Post
I'm fairly sure that that one, at least, is out of the picture
I would not be so sure, Yozora and Yukimura have had gender issues, Sena and Rika have strong Yuri vibes, I would not be surprised if at the end this one is "Everyone goes out of the closet at the same time"
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 21:09   Link #1522
potchip

Rika and yuri? You need to look up the meaning of it buddy.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 21:21   Link #1523
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Rika and yuri? You need to look up the meaning of it buddy.
I do know the meaning of Yuri quite clearly, would you consider sharing with the community the reasons that make you believe I would talk about a word without knowing the meaning of it?
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 23:43   Link #1524
potchip

Since when does Rika get turned on by yuri?

It's always imagining boy on boy action whether it's Yukimura x Kodaka or Yozora(cosplayed as a boy) x Kodaka

Her mecha fetish at least involves one male robot (and arguably 2 given the voices used)

Then there's Rika and her interpretation of 'yaoi hole'

Now back to you to explain why yuri and Rika are related.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 23:44   Link #1525
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Rika remarked (in an one of the episodes, at least) about how she had been "opened up" to yuri, IIRC. Gonna go back through the episodes and find out which.

As it stands, though, Rika's turned on by pretty much anything.
Old 2013-03-07, 04:26   Link #1526
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Rika remarked (in an one of the episodes, at least) about how she had been "opened up" to yuri, IIRC. Gonna go back through the episodes and find out which.

As it stands, though, Rika's turned on by pretty much anything.
It was in season one, episode 7.
And in the light novel, volume 3, "The Silent Phone".
Quote:
"Ah, Kodaka-senpai! Rika just recently discovered that yuri might not be all that bad! Rika thinks she might be okay with anything as long as it's erotic!"
Old 2013-03-07, 11:54   Link #1527
Miraluka
Banned

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-14954.html

Wait, original anime ending??? I hope thats not the case... I hate when anime series do this... =_=
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 15:14   Link #1528
taurosground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-14954.html

Wait, original anime ending??? I hope thats not the case... I hate when anime series do this... =_=
Would anybody mind summarizing this? Looks interesting...
taurosground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 23:45   Link #1529
l.kostas

Chapter 8 was translated. After Sena said what she said:

Quote:
Kodaka:
"......U-uhh... W-what do you mean? I couldn't hear what you said over your game's noise, haha..."

It was a barefaced lie.

And the mood in the room didn't change one bit.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 23:47   Link #1530
Miraluka
Banned

Can't really blame Rika when she feels like punching Kodaka.
Old 2013-03-08, 02:33   Link #1531
novalysis

Finally. The long awaited confession scene has taken place, and the entire Sena-Romance subplot has finally blown up onto itself. I've been waiting for this to be translated for a long time.
The interesting thing about Hagani is that it takes especial effort to justify the denseness of it's MC- and I think it's done quite well.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 04:04   Link #1532
erdii

can't really blame Kodaka. he wanted friends he wanted to be with yet it turned into something like this. well ı wonder what he will do.
Old 2013-03-08, 04:16   Link #1533
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by erdii View Post
can't really blame Kodaka. he wanted friends he wanted to be with yet it turned into something like this. well ı wonder what he will do.
The same thing he always does. Run away from reality as fast and as hard as he can.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 06:15   Link #1534
mironicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
The same thing he always does. Run away from reality as fast and as hard as he can.
He runs away from conflicts.

Kodaka's explained his problem and the reason why he joined the neighbors club in this one sentence.

"If I had the social skills to dodge a problem of this caliber I'd be a hyper normal right now, and I wouldn't even be here, in the Neighbors Club, in the first place."

He runs away from conflicts the whole time. He is a slave to his own anxieties and so he has a real interest to increase his social skills and to get rid of his social anxieties. But that is not possible because of the girls. They can do what they want with him because he is unable to say what he really thinks.

Some examples:
Rika wants to hear compliments about her hair style. He makes her compliments.
Yukimura wants to receive orders. He makes sure that he only gives her orders that don't harm anyone (Maria).
Yozora likes to talk with him about their past childhood friendship.

He stays out of trouble as long he satisfies the selfish requests from those three girls.

Kodaka avoids conflicts with his "What did you say?" and as long the girls gives up fast saying "Nothing!" everything is fine. But if someone gets serious (Rika on the roof, Sena confessing to him) and don't avoid a serious talk with him he becomes afraid and he runs away.
mironicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 11:34   Link #1535
Raviel

As much as I think something is wrong with the way Kodaka handled things, I can't really blame him for wanting to keep the status quo in the club (it's kind of scary how much I can identify with him in this aspect).

He couldn't have said it better in one of the previous chapters; when a person who has trouble making friends finally finds a group to fit in with, that person will do his best to keep/stay with that group together for as long as he can.

He's also probably the first "competent" male harem lead I've seen that makes himself look dumb and incredibly dense on purpose
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 13:06   Link #1536
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Will not sure if what he did was better than just saying 'yes' fter all.
Heck there is a good chance that even Yozora will be annoyed about it

The problem is he is seemingly a graduate of the 'Shiro Emiya school of saving everyone' , so rejecting her in front of so many people would be out of question for him.

Sena might have even gotten away with it if she wouldn't have said 'marry me' but something less severe like 'lets give it a try and start dating', since there was ultimately still a way out of it.
Well no matter how you look at it, even though she did it by accident it was pretty unfair.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 13:49   Link #1537
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Very manly, isn't he?
Old 2013-03-08, 20:46   Link #1538
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
He's also probably the first "competent" male harem lead I've seen that makes himself look dumb and incredibly dense on purpose
That's not really saying much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
The problem is he is seemingly a graduate of the 'Shiro Emiya school of saving everyone' , so rejecting her in front of so many people would be out of question for him.
It's call saving-face; we Asians tend to do that lot for other people.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 21:09   Link #1539
Lisemer

Well, mmm...
After reading the last 12 or so pages here (btw, thanks sky black swordman & Flere821) and I thought there could be a little factor that could influence Kodaka's interest and that is Kobato.
Sena may need to restrain herself to r*pe Kobato everytime she sees her; although Yozora just has a neutral image in front her.
Maybe really Kodaka's route is the aftermath of the Kobato route...
Anyway, isn't Sena a "red herring" (tvtropes), i.e. a distractor to the true end?

I'm not saying that it will be a Yozora end (maybe a nobody end, Rika end even) but I really doubt Sena will win.
Another thing... I just read somewhere that in the last novel of Oreshura, Mazusu also left with a message about "do not look for me" or something...
Comparing both situations, it could be very probable Yozora and Mazusu get the MC at the end because the boys will try to find the girls and maybe slip something confession-like or just will be a flag to reinforce the bonds between them (and show some background about Yozora & Mazusu in the middle).

I hope I do not seem like favoring a shipping, because I just say what I thought (and the "girl escapes=>guy chases her=>they have a time alone together=>they return with the others" I already saw it in Love Hina and maybe more love comedies...).
Lisemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 21:22   Link #1540
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

All that's certainly possible, but the main thing is that there's still a long way to go in the story. Any character could turn out to be a red herring depend on how long the author drags the story, as well as how commercial considerations affect the plot.

As it stands at this point though, I agree that Sena is peaking a little too early.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen