AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 5 12.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 28.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 25.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 7.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-14, 07:04   Link #221
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I'll keep my mouths shut for most part regarding the spoilers... (( thanks btw, aers ))

C'mon, prove me wrong on that person whom I thought his subplot is closed and sealed shut.

And it also finally proves that Fate is released back at 17, proving Zest's words. >_<

Speaking of court-martials... AND assuming if all of Jail's evil deeds all tie back to TSAB High Council, I would lol if they gave the same "child shouldn't be blamed" thing they gave to Fate...for Jail. I can see the Numbers getting that slack, but I would be rolling if Jail gets it too.

Anyway, TSAB will be too busy blaming dead brains or thick-headed associates to the crime (( maybe Jail too )), to go and find faults with RF6. For all its purpose, the most would be disbandment of RF6, and if they win this, there is no reason for RF6 to exist anymore either.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-14, 07:05   Link #222
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
Spoiler for 21/22/23 click at your own risk:

Source posted too in case someone wants to check the translation, the friend who did it for me wasn't 100% sure about everything.
I see... No mention of Signum versus Zest?
At least Vice seems to have a chance of redemption.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-08-14, 07:13   Link #223
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
At least Vice seems to have a chance of redemption.
Question is, will he survive it this time?

Cause it's always the injuried...
Old 2007-08-14, 07:28   Link #224
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Her strategy is beyond reactive. She allowed her enemies to pile up to the point that they don't need new trump cards to be major threats.
OTOH, before ep 16, Regius (which is her superior) wouldn't let Hayate attack Jail.
Old 2007-08-14, 07:30   Link #225
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I don't think they can afford to court-martial her by the end, not when everything's going to hell.

Ground center would be too mess up...
There's no way that this'll end up like the original Gundam. RF6 would most likely get a hero's welcome and wallow in internal angst later.

Quote:
NOOOO!!!! There must be Reinforce-class drama and angst!

And the Sacrificial lamb would be...!
First, it was a psychotic old woman. Second, a relatively still young-looking female program... They get younger and younger by the season, ne, Chaos?

Quote:
Question is, will he survive it this time?

Cause it's always the injuried...
Nah... Unless the song 'Pray' plays by the fall of the Mahou Sniper Traumatized Vice... But I say he's got as much chance to survive as Zafira. Which is close to 90% because of unintentional shaft armor...

OC Profiles
Old 2007-08-14, 07:45   Link #226
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Anyway, TSAB will be too busy blaming dead brains or thick-headed associates to the crime (( maybe Jail too )), to go and find faults with RF6. For all its purpose, the most would be disbandment of RF6, and if they win this, there is no reason for RF6 to exist anymore either.
Knowing for sure that Hayate's court martial will not be the ending:

If TSAB was a realistic organization, I bet they won't even let the public know that they've basically been ruled by Melchior, Balthasar and Caspar for decades. And Blaming other generals will only further erode the badly damaged credibility. Under such circumstances, a scapegoat is needed, fast.

And Hayate is the perfect target. She's a middle-rank officer who is the commander of a unit that's meant to prevent our current crisis from happening. Obviously, that part failed miserably.

Either by process or by result, there's enough against her it will be impossible for her sponsors to seriously defend her. In fact, if they put too much of a fight, they might be held responsible for pushing "such a young, inexperienced officer" into command "of a post with such critical importance" and come away badly damaged themselves. Of course, at this point, no one will remember that they themselves doubted the prophecy...

Without real personal power or rank, there will be no way for her to fight off the attack with personal clout. Further, Hayate has this overripe guilt complex and probably won't even put up too much of a fight - the Book of Darkness incident isn't really her fault at all, yet she still holds that guilt with her everywhere she goes...

Realistically, the court martial is the logical result. Of course, the real tragedy is that realistically, Hayate should have been experienced enough that she shouldn't have allowed things to deteriorate to this point! Poor Hayate, already shafted as a character, shafted as a commander as well just to advance a plot point. The only consolation is that Seven Arcs won't dare write out this ending. Cry, Hayate fans, cry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
OTOH, before ep 16, Regius (which is her superior) wouldn't let Hayate attack Jail.
1) Source? I definitely don't remember anything like this.
2) Considering she did not have Scarlietti's location at the time, this point is moot.
3) She could still have been more proactive in capturing Lutecia, Zest and the Numbers when they showed up.

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2007-08-14 at 07:47. Reason: Add reply to Fabien
Old 2007-08-14, 07:48   Link #227
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Are Lt Colonels considered middle ranked ?

Quote:
First, it was a psychotic old woman. Second, a relatively still young-looking female program... They get younger and younger by the season, ne, Chaos?
PURE coincidence

Quote:
Nah... Unless the song 'Pray' plays by the fall of the Mahou Sniper Traumatized Vice... But I say he's got as much chance to survive as Zafira. Which is close to 90% because of unintentional shaft armor...
If that's the case... Then I know how he can earn cool points...

Though they have to rip off Silentscope by having him shoot a bind that's attached to both Teana and a crazed dying Number. Of which the latter is draging the former down by hanging over a building...
Old 2007-08-14, 07:52   Link #228
Aaron008R

Quote:
If that's the case... Then I know how he can earn cool points...

Though they have to rip off Silentscope by having him shoot a bind that's attached to both Teana and a crazed dying Number. Of which the latter is draging the former down by hanging over a building...
Or maybe give a headshot to a Number who's holding Caro hostage to get over his trauma...

OC Profiles
Old 2007-08-14, 07:53   Link #229
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Or maybe give a headshot to a Number who's holding Caro hostage to get over his trauma...
No no, that would be stepping over Erio's turf...

Cool guys don't do that ()
Old 2007-08-14, 07:56   Link #230
Aaron008R

Oh well. Headshot the Bombardier Otto?
He's with Lutecia and GuyverGaryuu.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-08-14, 07:59   Link #231
Fabien

Quote:
1) Source? I definitely don't remember anything like this.
If I understood this thread properly, Regius was helping Jail at "Naked Brains"' request. So, how could he allow his subordinates to attack him directly?
Old 2007-08-14, 08:02   Link #232
Aaron008R

And those brains were planing to have Regius assassinated, right? But he's still alive... Maybe that could provide some further details later.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-08-14, 08:04   Link #233
arkhangelsk

He can't very well say outright "No one is to capture Scarlietti." Not that Hayate will even ask Reggie if she has his location. She might talk briefly to Carim, and that's about it.

But recent events do make it clear why no one ever assists RF6. Regius probably told them to "mind their own sectors". Still, he can't outright ban people arresting Scarlietti without looking too wierd.
Old 2007-08-14, 08:08   Link #234
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Without real personal power or rank, there will be no way for her to fight off the attack with personal clout. Further, Hayate has this overripe guilt complex and probably won't even put up too much of a fight - the Book of Darkness incident isn't really her fault at all, yet she still holds that guilt with her everywhere she goes...
As pointed by Auris RF6 was created in a sort that its leader could serve as a political "fuse" as needed (at least that's how i understood her exchange with Regius), so your scenario may happend and Hayate may be looking forward due to some martyr complex.

Quote:
Realistically, the court martial is the logical result. Of course, the real tragedy is that realistically, Hayate should have been experienced enough that she shouldn't have allowed things to deteriorate to this point! Poor Hayate, already shafted as a character, shafted as a commander as well just to advance a plot point. The only consolation is that Seven Arcs won't dare write out this ending. Cry, Hayate fans, cry...
I know that it was already debated but i cant still really understand her decision of keeping the heavy hitters (Nanoha, Fate and Signum) inside weaponless rather that out patrolling the perimeter, i suppose plot necessity trump everything.
Old 2007-08-14, 08:10   Link #235
Fabien

Quote:
And Hayate is the perfect target. She's a middle-rank officer who is the commander of a unit that's meant to prevent our current crisis from happening. Obviously, that part failed miserably.
Very few people knew that, they're all Hayate's supporter, and if anything, they don't want anyone else to know that their plan was a failure.

Officially, Section 6 was just an "experimental squad, allowed to operate for a limited time" (ep 13). So, if it doesn't do much good, the unit is tagged as a "failed experiment", and that's that.
Old 2007-08-14, 08:17   Link #236
Fabien

Quote:
I know this view would be controversial, but I'm almost begging for Ep26 to be her court martial.
Hey, I know!
Hayate is the King from the prophecy -- the Wolkenritters' Master.

Seeing her court-martialed doesn't go well with her Knights, who decide to wreak havoc and destroy completely the TSAB. Hence the prophecy is fulfilled.

How's that?
Old 2007-08-14, 08:24   Link #237
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Very few people knew that, they're all Hayate's supporter, and if anything, they don't want anyone else to know that their plan was a failure.

Officially, Section 6 was just an "experimental squad, allowed to operate for a limited time" (ep 13). So, if it doesn't do much good, the unit is tagged as a "failed experiment", and that's that.
This structure will allow her bosses to safely isolate themselves should they choose to.

But it won't save Hayate from much. Experimental or not, her unit has been granted an enormous amount of rare and precious combat power. Even with the limiters on, the overall combat coefficient of the unit will be no lower than Sections 1-5, and the whole world will remember that Hayate could freely release the limiters on Nanoha and Fate, and thus the real combat coefficient of the unit is much higher.

Despite this, what had happened. Loss of HQ. 50% casualties. Partial responsibility for failure to protect HQ (RF6 probably had a combat coefficient worth the rest of that useless defense force), and I'm sure a good prosecutor can upgrade it to "primary" in the eyes of even a fair minded judge and jury, never mind an angry and frightened crowd looking for someone to blame so they can hang on to tranquility. The Relics they are chasing after and someone they were protecting being used in combination to activate ancient Lost Logia weapon by scientist they were also chasing after. Any one of these is potential court-martial material, and two or more together will be beyond protection, the more so due to the enormous amount of resources it had been granted.

Quote:
Hey, I know!
Hayate is the King from the prophecy -- the Wolkenritters' Master.

Seeing her court-martialed doesn't go well with her Knights, who decide to wreak havoc and destroy completely the TSAB. Hence the prophecy is fulfilled.

How's that?
Here's where Hayate's guilt complex will save the TSAB... poor, poor Hayate. Fortunately, none of all this will happen.

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2007-08-14 at 08:35.
Old 2007-08-14, 08:44   Link #238
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@arkhangelsk

It's not going to happen.

Because even if Hayate just rolls over, there are people that won't.

Take Acous for an example, if anybody tries to pin this on her, he's going to come over with all of their dirty little secrets.

And not to mention the Church, Carim is an important figure in the TSAB. The two Haralown Admirals, they definately have enough influence. The three lengendary Admirals...

Nobody's hanging her out to dry.
Old 2007-08-14, 08:48   Link #239
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
@arkhangelsk

Because even if Hyate just rolls over, there are people that won't.

Take Acous for an example, if anybody tries to pin this on her, he's going to come over with all of their dirty little secrets.

And not to mention the Church, Carim is an important figure in the TSAB. The two Haralown Admirals, they definately have enough influence. The three lengendary Admirals...

Not to mention Jail's already killed those "higher than her supporters" who are more than willing to hang her dry, if necessary.

But whatever, Hayate getting a relative-not-so-good end is almost out of the question, even if it's the rational outlook of the situation.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-14, 09:10   Link #240
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Not to mention Jail's already killed those "higher than her supporters" who are more than willing to hang her dry, if necessary.
He killed the three brains and Regius is incapacitated, but that still leaves the remaining TSAB senior staff who will be desperate to stick this mess onto as few people as low on the ladder as possible so as to minimize the disastrous loss of prestige in this incident - if the TSAB goes down, they go down too. Those will be the trail people.

Quote:
But whatever, Hayate getting a relative-not-so-good end is almost out of the question, even if it's the rational outlook of the situation.
Never disagreed with this.

Quote:
@arkhangelsk

Because even if Hayate just rolls over, there are people that won't.

First problem, the 3 brains are all dead and Regius will soon receive justice. Thus, he can't threaten to blab their little secrets. If you believe that the TSAB is a relatively clean organization, it'd be hard for Acous to come up with something quick. And doing so will be blackmail more than anything.

Quote:

The three admirals are respected, but are not in command authority anymore.

Lindy and Carim are powerful in the TSAB, being near the top, but this case is too clear cut. They won't be able to come up with a good enough reason to stop the proceedings. I mean, "OK, Lindy and Carim, you two want to stop the court martial of a commander who, despite having powerful attachments (Nanoha and Fate) that increased the unit's combat coefficient to about 10 times that of units of comparable stature, lost her HQ, lost 50% of combat power in 20 minutes, failed to protect a very valuable person in their protection, which led directly to the near destruction of our world and our organization ... don't you think any one of these circumstances, even in the singular, might warrant a most thorough investigation and the most appropriate judgment dispensed?"

"Or would that be because she's your son's friend? That would certainly explain why you chose to place an experimental unit not in the hands of a veteran leader, but this first-command-opportunity, 19-year-old Yagami Hayate... We all know about your nepostic ways, Lindy, but this is just going too far..."

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2007-08-14 at 09:22.
Closed Thread