AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-05-05, 03:15   Link #1001
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by delacroix01 View Post
Spoiler for Answer:
Haha... I wonder if this is the first time Hata makes an allusion to h-dōjinshis. (Well, it may not a a reference at all, but it really sounds like it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyBill View Post
Wait... Is this on Hina's imagination or it did happen.
Yes, it was her imagination.
Old 2009-05-05, 04:10   Link #1002
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
Hina is sensitive rather than frail, of which Hayate does notice and understands, so it really wouldn't be an issue except in her mind.
Yup

I mean, look at it from a storytelling perspective. Hata needs a deterrant to keep Hina from confessing. Back in the days of the ferris wheel, when Hina came clean with Ayumu, it was a feeling of "losing" if she were the one to confess to Hayate. Now it is a fear of rejection due to her "lack of frailty". The mangaka needs this to keep the tension up, and to avoid a resolution. Because if Hina does confess, and Hayate understands this as a confession, any outcome would have huge repercussions.

At the current point in the story, Hayate could only reply "no" or "not yet" at best (though it might be "eeeeeh?" too). Therefore, I'd expect Hina's trials before mustering up the courage for a confession to continue for a while ...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 05:34   Link #1003
SimplyBill
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Yup

I mean, look at it from a storytelling perspective. Hata needs a deterrant to keep Hina from confessing. Back in the days of the ferris wheel, when Hina came clean with Ayumu, it was a feeling of "losing" if she were the one to confess to Hayate. Now it is a fear of rejection due to her "lack of frailty". The mangaka needs this to keep the tension up, and to avoid a resolution. Because if Hina does confess, and Hayate understands this as a confession, any outcome would have huge repercussions.

At the current point in the story, Hayate could only reply "no" or "not yet" at best (though it might be "eeeeeh?" too). Therefore, I'd expect Hina's trials before mustering up the courage for a confession to continue for a while ...
Well, I guess it will be okay for Hina to confess after 100 chapters and more developments.

There may be conflicts in Hata's mind on who should Hayate choose (if that time comes). He may be thinking a lot of factors like popularity and those factors seems to be the factors too on why the manga is so long. I hope they don't pull a School rumble ending on this.
SimplyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 17:53   Link #1004
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Well, we do have to remember that Hayate did say that he wanted a girl friend, he went as far as asking Maria for advice which in return made her feel really miserable. If Hina were to confess Hayate will probably either tell her that he will need a bit of time to give her an answer, but will probably say yes in the long run. It would be the same for Maria. IF she ever confesses to Hayate it would be the same outcome judging from Hayate's behavior towards HIna and Maria.
sr7olsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 19:12   Link #1005
Fandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr7olsniper View Post
Well, we do have to remember that Hayate did say that he wanted a girl friend, he went as far as asking Maria for advice which in return made her feel really miserable. If Hina were to confess Hayate will probably either tell her that he will need a bit of time to give her an answer, but will probably say yes in the long run. It would be the same for Maria. IF she ever confesses to Hayate it would be the same outcome judging from Hayate's behavior towards HIna and Maria.
So, nobody want's a joke reply? Something on par with "I only like 2D girls?"
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-07, 22:29   Link #1006
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Now that would be fun. I want that kind of joke reply to see Hina's reaction :P
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 00:04   Link #1007
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Hm, not to disrupt the Hina-filled conversation going on in here, but are any of the chapters after the End of the World arc about Izumi?

Just finished the volume 16, chapters 7-11 arc and I need more Izumi.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 00:58   Link #1008
Fandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
Hm, not to disrupt the Hina-filled conversation going on in here, but are any of the chapters after the End of the World arc about Izumi?

Just finished the volume 16, chapters 7-11 arc and I need more Izumi.
Just to make sure, Izumi is the class rep? I always mix her up w/ Isumi. Either way, they both appear fairly often. Although there's no dedicated chapter about them, they do find their way in the storyline.
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 04:26   Link #1009
Dr. Casey

Quote:
At the current point in the story, Hayate could only reply "no" or "not yet" at best
Why can't he say yes?
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 04:37   Link #1010
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Why can't he say yes?
Before it's possible for Hayate to say yes to any confession, I believe it's necessary for the misunderstanding between him and Nagi to be resolved first.
Old 2009-05-08, 06:49   Link #1011
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Why can't he say yes?
Because A-Tan still in his mindthe perfect Ojousama
Like always said: "1st Love never die"
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 07:09   Link #1012
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

Still, it might end up being that he said no because he has his hands full with Nagi. Besides you can say that Nagi is starting to grow romantically on Hayate. Nothing to grand to make a big deal out of it since it might still be LOLI, but still good enough for someone to get a hint. I mean, when Ayumu confessedk, the first thing that came to hayate's mind was Nagi's crying face. You could say that there is a strong hint right there.
sr7olsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 07:34   Link #1013
Mentar
Banned

Unless Hata decides to totally shock us, then Hayate won't be able to accept any confession without ending the show. And while a failed confession doesn't necessarily mean the end of the girl's chances, I don't see anyone of the favorite tier to jump the gun before the show begins to wrap up.

Going out with anyone but Nagi would massively disrupt their relationship. It would come as a total shock to Nagi, and it would force him to split his attention in an unthinkable way. So, I think this is a no-go by design.

Going out with Nagi would rob the show of the final climax. What is supposed to top things after this? And it would also cut off the other girls. Basically, the show would become an empty shell.

Hayate agreeing to date ANYONE either ends the show entirely, or at least initiates the end run. And that won't happen yet.
Old 2009-05-08, 08:06   Link #1014
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
Just to make sure, Izumi is the class rep? I always mix her up w/ Isumi. Either way, they both appear fairly often. Although there's no dedicated chapter about them, they do find their way in the storyline.
Yeah, Izumi is one of the class rep trio.

Though there being no more Izumi-dedicated chapters is a bit saddening...
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 09:26   Link #1015
xellos2099

Who know, maybe Hina will confess but will also tell Hayate she doesn't need to know the answer yet.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 15:41   Link #1016
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Unless Hata decides to totally shock us, then Hayate won't be able to accept any confession without ending the show. And while a failed confession doesn't necessarily mean the end of the girl's chances, I don't see anyone of the favorite tier to jump the gun before the show begins to wrap up.

Going out with anyone but Nagi would massively disrupt their relationship. It would come as a total shock to Nagi, and it would force him to split his attention in an unthinkable way. So, I think this is a no-go by design.

Going out with Nagi would rob the show of the final climax. What is supposed to top things after this? And it would also cut off the other girls. Basically, the show would become an empty shell.

Hayate agreeing to date ANYONE either ends the show entirely, or at least initiates the end run. And that won't happen yet.
Going out with Nagi is the most inappropriate way to end this series, since it will turn this manga to Loli category. And it's didn't fit at all, (come on! do you really want to date a little-shitty annoying-super-rich-flat chested girl? even as a true pervert till the bone my self , I'll pass it)

Going with Hina is the same,since she isn't main char at all, just a side char with a lots of fans which gained popularity recently. No offense here for her fans

...sigh*...

But....still nothing beat Stupidity in Hayate's Brain when it come to relationship with girls (what a lame joke from Hata)
His Stupidity almost in the same level as Tenma Tsukamoto from School Rumble.
In the end, his stupidity make me wish this series just END soon, whichever way it will be. Even the "Mx0 style" ending is fine
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-08, 17:24   Link #1017
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
Going out with Nagi is the most inappropriate way to end this series, since it will turn this manga to Loli category. And it's didn't fit at all, (come on! do you really want to date a little-shitty annoying-super-rich-flat chested girl? even as a true pervert till the bone my self , I'll pass it)
It's still the canon ending and certainly the most likely one (unfortunately). It's rather a matter of preparing it properly. However, we're definitely not there yet.

Quote:
Going with Hina is the same,since she isn't main char at all, just a side char with a lots of fans which gained popularity recently. No offense here for her fans

...sigh*...
Feeling a bit snotty-snobbish today?

Hina has been - by a gigantic margin - the most popular character of the show for the last two and a half years, that's "recently" for you? By her own right, Hina has absolutely become one of the main chars, and Hata himself has declared her to be one of the few in the "strike zone".

Quote:
But....still nothing beat Stupidity in Hayate's Brain when it come to relationship with girls (what a lame joke from Hata)
His Stupidity almost in the same level as Tenma Tsukamoto from School Rumble.
In the end, his stupidity make me wish this series just END soon, whichever way it will be. Even the "Mx0 style" ending is fine
Nah, I'm not worried there, because unlike Harima, he isn't hardwired in stupidity - he's simply a bit oblivious to issues of relationships. But not entirely, he IS beginning to pick up clues.

I'm counting on Hata's declared intention to give this show a proper ending and NOT trying for a perpetual reset. I think there WILL be a proper ending eventually, but it needs preparation and groundwork which has not been laid sufficiently so far.
Old 2009-05-08, 18:02   Link #1018
Dr. Casey

Hayate's mild density is okay with me. It's presented in realistic doses, for one thing (I can actually relate to his cluelessness sometimes, unlike most anime leads), and mainly whenever the girls are actively trying to hide their feelings. There are also times where I think he knows more than he's letting on. Take episode four of season two, for example, where he tries apologizing to Hina. Is he really that clueless about the situation? Nope. He knows that Hina's miffed about the drawbridge thing. He just puts his guard up unconsciously because Hina's giving him a death glare and looks prone to lob his head off at any given moment. If her temperament was one that allowed him to be sensitive, he would.

And how is Nagi 'shitty', exactly?
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 22:41   Link #1019
primuler
Love For 3D

Sorry for interrupting this discussion, but I have a news about the most recent chapter:

Spoiler for 223 the beach volleyball ends:

Seems like Athena will be appearing in second season of anime because she has a seiyuu now.

Last edited by primuler; 2009-05-10 at 00:13.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 23:45   Link #1020
Used Can

Thanks for the information.
Who's Athena's VA?
(I think she'll probably show up as a flashback, like she did in volume 9)

Tags
comedy, shounen