AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-17, 03:49   Link #21
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I still watching the show in dub. Despite Red Angel Media changing certain lines, i still find the show funny to watch. And i'm glad i don't have to hear Kugimiya's Tsundere voice. (It's getting annoying to hear her when she does that voice, but i do like her when does roles that are different like the Male protagonist of Nabari no O, Mizore from Rosario + Vampire & Alphonse from Full Metal Alchemist.)
Old 2009-07-18, 11:55   Link #22
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

WHOA! WHOA!
Call me a slowking but when was the dub cast revealed?
Old 2009-08-20, 12:30   Link #23
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I starting to get used with the Animax dub. I hope they do the 2nd season too.
This show has become one of my many favorite series & has made me a complete Hinagiku fan!

Congrats to dub crew @ Red Angel Media for making the show enjoyable in English & i can't wait for the 1st season finale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor Jube View Post
WHOA! WHOA!
Call me a slowking but when was the dub cast revealed?
This isn't the offcial North American dub from Bandai but from Animax for their Asian viewers.
Old 2009-08-25, 13:00   Link #24
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

They just release the first 7 episodes of Hayate the Combat Butler on DVD.

Here's the review.
Old 2010-01-17, 00:52   Link #25
Dark Paladin X

Now first of all, I am highly disappointed with Bandai Entertainment's inability to get Hayate the Combat Butler dubbed. I felt that Bandai let me down. In fact, I ended up losing all hopes with Bandai and don't want them to license To Aru Majutsu no Index. Apparently, this is mainly because the Hayate manga has been out in the United States for a while and there should be a large fanbase by now. There is now virtually little to no chance of seeing a North American Hayate the Combat Butler dub and now stuck with the Southeast Asian dub (although I would need to go to Singapore to see it, so I'm kinda stuck with the sub, but I don't mind).

If Bandai gets around and dub this anime (which is the only way they can regain my faith with this company), here are a few suggestions I would give to them:

1) Try to listen to your fans when it comes to selecting voice actors: Maybe do a poll to see who should voice who and keep the word with the fans. Select the top three choices, manly because if the top first choice isn't available due to legal reasons, then you can narrow down to the other two.

2) If you can't get it dub, give it to another licensor: Probably the best option is to give up the license to another licensor if they can't break even on getting Hayate the Combat Butler dubbed. The companies I would consider would either be Disney, Viz Media, or Funimation. Funimation did had a poll and they did include the second season of the series as one of the options. If Funimation picks the second season up, I think Bandai should give up the license of the first season to Funimation just to fit the consistency. However, I would expect voice actors from Texas if Funimation license the second season of Hayate the Combat Butler. If Disney or Viz Media, I'll expect voice acting from California.

Now, I'm gong to be typecasting here, but personally, I think Yuri Lowenthal should voice Hayate Ayasaki due to Yuri's voice acting in "kid hero" roles (Hayate, at best, can be described as a kid hero). In addition, I would like to see Tara Strong voice Nagi Sanzenin, mainly because I can feel the "tsundere" in Strong's voice acting. If she isn't available, then maybe Tabitha St. Germain or Cristina Valenzuela may be the other options for Nagi. Now of course, not everyone is going to agree with me with the options. In fact, someone actually suggested having Laura Bailey to voice Hayate instead in the toonzone forums (and can't see the full reasoning of why). Hopefully, MrTerrorist and hinakatbklyn would agree with my ideas.
Old 2010-01-17, 11:53   Link #26
hinakatbklyn

(1) Lately there has been another problem. I might be just impatient, but since Bandai has not taken on too many titles other than their major license, if they have a release date for a specific volume, it should either be released on that date or say it's delayed. Haven't heard anything about vol 4 being delayed. On the other hand, other companies in some cases release their titles before the release date.

(2) This series has the potential for a dub, but if Bandai has decided on winding down its operations and not taking any more licenses, let someone else license Hayate and let them dub the series.

(3) Each active company (studio) has a perfect representative to voice Hayate and Nagi, although the studio that works on the dub will go a long way to determine good dubs for the rest of the cast. Comedy and drama both work well for Funimation. Most of the dubs by California and Vancouver, Canada tend to be serious or dramatic with their dubs.

(4) A-Texas / B-California / C-Vancouver

Hayate (a) Blake Shepard / (b) Yuri Lowenthal / (c) Kirstin Ayre or Brad Swaile
Nagi (a) Hillary Haag / (b) Christina Valenzuela / (c) Shannon Chan-Kent

California - Valenzuela may be the only one today to sucessfully dub a kugimiya role
Vancouver -
Spoiler for My reasoning for Nagi's voice actor:
Old 2010-01-17, 16:24   Link #27
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
(4) A-Texas / B-California / C-Vancouver

Hayate (a) Blake Shepard / (b) Yuri Lowenthal / (c) Kirstin Ayre or Brad Swaile
Nagi (a) Hillary Haag / (b) Christina Valenzuela / (c) Shannon Chan-Kent

Great minds think alike eh? I did consider Christina Valenzuela as one of my options to voice Nagi, but not the primary one. And I'm guessing you thought up of Yuri Lowenthal to voice Hayate for the very same reasons with me.

But still, since Hayate is released subbed in North America, the chances for this anime to be dubbed in North America will be very slim. But it is worth it if Bandai manages to get the series dubbed (if ever).
Old 2010-01-18, 03:00   Link #28
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Well,
Animax actually have released Hayate no Gotoku! dubbed last year so the second season will still be released with the same voice actor,
though I don't remember who they are......
I hearing the Japanese version at that time.
Old 2010-01-18, 08:50   Link #29
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnagi View Post
Well,
Animax actually have released Hayate no Gotoku! dubbed last year so the second season will still be released with the same voice actor,
though I don't remember who they are......
I hearing the Japanese version at that time.
Yes I'm actually aware of that. I'm actually referring to a NORTH AMERICAN dub, not a Southeast Asian one. Unless if Bandai gets too lazy and use the Southeast Asian one to distribute in North America, I'd lose all hopes in them.
Old 2010-01-18, 10:44   Link #30
hinakatbklyn

I think Animax asia site had a commercial trailer dub when the second season came out but only hayate was in the commercial. If I knew what the rest of the dub was like, I could determine right away if it was in Bandai's best interest to use their dub. My only exception to the dub rule is:
Spoiler for Last studio I would use for a dub:
Old 2010-01-18, 13:45   Link #31
Dark Paladin X

I think you've made some valid points hinakatbklyn. Due to the recession, we are seeing less and less dubs in North America nowadays. But the question is if Bandai will release the anime uncensored along with the Animax dub (I read somewhere the Animax dub uses the censored version). It probably be cost efficient since most of the voice actors Bandai picks up are usually part of a union and the anime industry is mostly non-union since they can't afford to be unionized.
Old 2010-01-20, 08:43   Link #32
twinklestar
anime fanbot..LOL!

The English dubbed version that Animax made was kinda lame and its a miscast(they're using British accents on some characters of this series which is odd and pointless)..

Then again I doubt that Bandai would get that version(Animax dubs) cause this is way more worse than those Odex dubs made in Singapore.

Still hoping that Bandai would someday give us an proper and legit English dub version of it!
Old 2010-01-22, 18:47   Link #33
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklestar View Post

Still hoping that Bandai would someday give us an proper and legit English dub version of it!
Forget getting an english dub here, now I'm beginning to wonder if this series will ever be completed period. Vol 4 was originally January, I found out it was delayed to February. OK fine I can wait. March??? Now I'm fired up!

Usually I enjoy a series but I can wait for it to show up in due time. One of the rare shows I can not wait for to get released, and it's being delayed (Does this indicate they want to give up the series?) If not interested, give the series to another company.
Old 2010-01-22, 18:49   Link #34
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
Forget getting an english dub here
Yeah, only real option would be a license rescue (after Bandai leaving the competition, rather than Hayate just not selling well) or if another company picked up season 2.
Old 2010-01-24, 18:08   Link #35
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah, only real option would be a license rescue (after Bandai leaving the competition, rather than Hayate just not selling well) or if another company picked up season 2.

I agree with you here. If Bandai can't get Hayate the Combat Butler dubbed (which is so much worth dubbing), then the only way is to get another licensor like Funimation or Viz Media to get the second season. However, the big problem is that fans would try and pressure Bandai to give up the license of Hayate the Combat Butler to the other licensor since many may want to see the first season dubbed along with the second (Not to mention, I'm a person who want consistent voice acting using the same voice actors).

Both hinakatbklyn and I would really love to see Yuri Lowenthal voice Hayate. In this case, Bandai should give up the license to Viz Media (and I could say that Viz did handle the Bleach anime really well. So they are just as good, if not better, than Bandai). I don't mind if Funimation picks the first and second season up. However, the chances of seeing Yuri Lowenthal voicing Hayate will be really slim if this happens. Mainly because it is a very rare practice to have Texan dubbing studios get Californian voice actors and vice versa. Of course, I really can't think of the Texan equivalent to Yuri Lowenthal.
Closed Thread