AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-30, 04:38   Link #221
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I always felt that where KyoAni excelled was visual presentation, not necessarily the animation itself. Although I don't want them touching this project for reasons that essentially boil down to spite, I also can't imagine a successful Key adaptation without their distinctive touch.

I'm conflicted.
Old 2012-03-30, 04:59   Link #222
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
What about Madhouse? They've returned some truly faithful adaptations over the years; barring stuff like Chaos;head
Have they ever done a VN adaptation besides Chaos;head?
Little Busters doesn't seem like the kind of project they'd do.

But seriously we've now gone through almost every studio in existence,it's getting pointless,we better stop short before someone mentions Bee Train.... oh wait I just did
Old 2012-03-30, 05:30   Link #223
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
But seriously we've now gone through almost every studio in existence,it's getting pointless,we better stop short before someone mentions Bee Train.... oh wait I just did
actually their phantom adaptation was quite good, but certainly they never used characters designs anywhere near maeda´s.
Old 2012-03-30, 05:52   Link #224
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
I have one that wasn't mentioned!

Ghibli.

/trollface :3
Old 2012-03-30, 12:12   Link #225
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
You guys obviously haven't seen Negima!? Summer Special and the subsequent Negima!? OVA's. They show off their animation prowess a little bit in those OVAs', especially in the Negima!? Summer Special. Shaft's problem has always been two things: a) Lack of man power, and b) money.

It seems they are getting out of their money problem these days (Nisemonogatari for example) thanks to the things they can do with severely limited budget, and yet create smash hits. How many studios can say that?

And KyoAni isn't all that special if we are considering the aspect of overall animation. Aside from their work in FMP Second Raid, they are mostly average. Studios like Production I. G., Sunrise, Gainax are way ahead when it comes to animated movement. And besides, shows like Air, Kanon, or Clannad didn't really require much movement to tell the story. To me it always looked like they spent a significant portion of their time and money to create OP/ED song theme than the actual show.

*waves back at Skyfall*
As a KyoAni fan, I never really focused on their animation. Yes, they have great animators and they are at the top of their industry, but they are not alone.

What makes them unusual, is their willingness to bend over backwards for the pleasure of the original rights holders. KyoAni will make what Key wants, in this we have no doubt. The same cannot be said for any other studio, even if they could match KyoAni in art quality. (Though Shaft recently might be trying to imitate them in sticking to the source at all costs.)

Even the mighty Ghibli attract ire for their adaptation films, which are often nothing like the source material. If you love Little Busters, there is no better choice for an adaptation other than KyoAni.
Old 2012-03-31, 10:24   Link #226
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
PV from new Key site:

Edit: Should also mention that it is 00:31 in JST. Visual Arts has performed stunts like this on 4/1 in the past. Only one of those was false though.
Edit 2: The site lists a copyright that only includes Key and Visual Arts. Usually these copyrights will include a production committee for an anime. I'm not saying it's false, but that was a red flag for me.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-03-31 at 10:35.
Old 2012-03-31, 10:38   Link #227
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Animation doesn't look bad, but you can cross Kyoto Animation and PA Works on the list of animation studios handling this.
Old 2012-03-31, 10:40   Link #228
Westlo
Lets be reality

Hope they stick with Ecstasy as the OP....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
What about Madhouse? They've returned some truly faithful adaptations over the years; barring stuff like Chaos;head
Madhouse isn't really Madhouse anymore.. they've lost more talent than Gainax over the last year... see MAPPA for starters.
Old 2012-03-31, 10:51   Link #229
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Edit: Should also mention that it is 00:31 in JST. Visual Arts has performed stunts like this on 4/1 in the past. Only one of those was false though.
Edit 2: The site lists a copyright that only includes Key and Visual Arts. Usually these copyrights will include a production committee for an anime. I'm not saying it's false, but that was a red flag for me.
Well it says "little busters team".

But doesn't the very end indicate april fools joke?

Quote:
Madhouse isn't really Madhouse anymore.. they've lost more talent than Gainax over the last year... see MAPPA for starters
Yeah Morio Asaka is one of the last men standing.
Old 2012-03-31, 10:53   Link #230
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Well it says "little busters team".
It doesn't say that on the website; that's why I said that.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2012-03-31, 10:58   Link #231
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

If the PV is real (and I doubt it isn't because it would be pretty bad taste for Key to perform a joke like this, and they usually announce things on the first april) I'm delighted. I don't like that they seem to include Saya though since that means that they possibly would include ex routes and I can't see how they would have time to cover them.

But if they only include Saya as a character and not the routes I guess thats fine.
Old 2012-03-31, 11:01   Link #232
totoum
Me at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
It doesn't say that on the website; that's why I said that.
Oh right.

I'm going to guess this is april fool's,it's weird to have a trailer without a formal announcement.
Old 2012-03-31, 11:03   Link #233
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I really hate when they release stuff on April Fool's Day, because you can't tell which is part of the joke and which is real (especially since Key ALWAYS does this). It's a well-animated joke, I'll admit, but let's just wait for the official announcement on April 8 (I think) for official confirmation.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-03-31, 11:13   Link #234
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
I'll admit, but let's just wait for the official announcement on April 8 (I think) for official confirmation.
Actually, the announcement happens on April 10.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-03-31, 11:21   Link #235
Kattaro

I guess it is a April Fools joke because it's too beautiful to be true and this masked Riki (?) at the end of the trailer
but Visual Arts posted information about anime on 31.03, not on 1st April so maybe this is not a joke after all
http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/
Old 2012-03-31, 11:31   Link #236
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

from myanimelist
Quote:
According to the official website of Visual Arts, the anime of Little Busters! was officially announced.

Little Busters! anime official website
Trailer (Youtube)

Note: This news is not an April fool's joke since Visual Arts posted the information specifically on March 31st.

Source: Visual Arts official website
Old 2012-03-31, 11:34   Link #237
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yes, that definitely did not look like KyoAni or P.A. Works, if legit. It's generic enough and looks decent enough to be A-1, maybe - but my first thought from the look was "JC Staff".
Old 2012-03-31, 11:37   Link #238
totoum
Me at work

Well then I'm left guessing at the studio,doesn't look like P.A works backrounds,doesn't look like Kyoani either.

No aniplex so can't be A-1 and White Fox is busy.

To be frank it looks like something out of AIC
Old 2012-03-31, 11:47   Link #239
minhhuywiki
Minata Hatsune

Notice: 31st March for USA and many country, but today is 1st April in Japan
Old 2012-03-31, 11:48   Link #240
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
but my first thought from the look was "JC Staff".
AHAHAHA that's what I first thought too. The shading looks flat, the designs were generisized, it has a faded feel. . .

Then again this could be an April fools joke.

Tags
anime game, little busters