AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-12, 20:18   Link #1641
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I watched an ELC one shot an M4 earlier after speeding up behind it at a bazillion miles an hour so I can see why people like it so much.

It looks like a fun tank which is why I want it.

Regarding the churchill I found it a bit of a drag so I'm not really looking forward to it however luckily I saved my old crew so I'll fire them back into it (after I re-buy it) and try to fully train them up which will hopefully make it a bit more tolerable.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 20:22   Link #1642
Sumeragi
Banned

You know, when you can brawl against a Type 59 with the L/71 in the Königstiger, you begin to wonder whether it's that most Königstiger drivers or incompetent or it's just they don't know how to fight a Type 59.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 20:29   Link #1643
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
You know, when you can brawl against a Type 59 with the L/71 in the Königstiger, you begin to wonder whether it's that most Königstiger drivers [are] incompetent or it's just they don't know how to fight a Type 59.
Aren't those one and the same?
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 20:37   Link #1644
Sumeragi
Banned

Different. There are those that really can't play the Königstiger if their lives depended on it, and there are those who can play but have no idea how to battle a Type 59.
Old 2013-01-12, 21:03   Link #1645
LeoXiao
思想工作

I hate Type 59s. It's not that they'll do you in, but that by the time you're done with them, there'll be more enemies converging on your position and shooting the weak spots that you had to leave open while brawling.
Old 2013-01-12, 21:06   Link #1646
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
A warning about the ELC, taking to heart what the other folk on this forum advised earlier: treat it like a tank destroyer or sniper, and not a scout. You see a busy tank? Go around it, hit it once, then RUN THE HECK AWAY as fast as you can, then look for other targets.
Old 2013-01-12, 21:11   Link #1647
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
A warning about the ELC, taking to heart what the other folk on this forum advised earlier: treat it like a tank destroyer or sniper, and not a scout. You see a busy tank? Go around it, hit it once, then RUN THE HECK AWAY as fast as you can, then look for other targets.
I once got 4 kills at tier 9 with it by sniping. Now that was a fun game.

One thing I've noticed is that lots of people are really afraid of retreating. They act like pawns in a chess game, only able to advance towards enemies. It's really inane. Plenty of games have been won due to a couple tanks deciding that where they went first wasn't a good idea after all.
Old 2013-01-12, 21:16   Link #1648
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
I hate Type 59s. It's not that they'll do you in, but that by the time you're done with them, there'll be more enemies converging on your position and shooting the weak spots that you had to leave open while brawling.
It depends. In my case I try to engage the Type 59s and keep them busy so the rest of the team can hit on the enemy. I've been more successful in that job with the Panther than the Panther II.
Old 2013-01-12, 21:25   Link #1649
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
It depends. In my case I try to engage the Type 59s and keep them busy so the rest of the team can hit on the enemy. I've been more successful in that job with the Panther than the Panther II.
Oh, of course the preferred way to engage a 59 is to wait for it to turn its side to you. It's when you have to get into close quarters that the trouble starts. The Panthers have bad armor and low alpha, so they aren't too good for that at all.
Old 2013-01-12, 21:26   Link #1650
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
One thing I've noticed is that lots of people are really afraid of retreating. They act like pawns in a chess game, only able to advance towards enemies. It's really inane. Plenty of games have been won due to a couple tanks deciding that where they went first wasn't a good idea after all.
The thing is, not a lot of tanks are good for quick withdrawals (unless you're a T-50-2), especially the heavies. The best one can do is back up, and hopefully find cover before several sets of guns zero in on your position.

Personally, I've found the Type 59s a nightmare to deal with, especially since I'm using the long 7.5. At long range I can't spot their weak spots well, and at short range it's usually THEIR advantage.
Old 2013-01-12, 21:29   Link #1651
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
The thing is, not a lot of tanks are good for quick withdrawals (unless you're a T-50-2), especially the heavies. The best one can do is back up, and hopefully find cover before several sets of guns zero in on your position.
It depends on where you are. On Prokohrovka, for instance, it's hard. but often you can avoid clinging to a position that isn't helping your team, and move to a better one. Especially if large mountains are in the way, you can sometimes leave without the enemy even knowing you're gone.

Quote:
Personally, I've found the Type 59s a nightmare to deal with, especially since I'm using the long 7.5. At long range I can't spot their weak spots well, and at short range it's usually THEIR advantage.
The worst thing is when they form platoons and charge straight at you. In that sort of situation you can only hope to track them before they get within brawling range.

This is also why it is important as a tier 7 to stick with a heavier tank or two so that you aren't the only target.
Old 2013-01-12, 21:30   Link #1652
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Oh, of course the preferred way to engage a 59 is to wait for it to turn its side to you. It's when you have to get into close quarters that the trouble starts. The Panthers have bad armor and low alpha, so they aren't too good for that at all.
Actually, I'm a pretty decent brawler with the Panther, being able to brawl against two IS tanks, two derper M4s, and some other two tanks and actually killing the two IS tanks and getting Steel Wall. That's partly why I'm annoyed with the Panther II: I just can't seem to have the same kind of skill as I did with the Panther.
Old 2013-01-12, 21:34   Link #1653
LeoXiao
思想工作

That's strange, you should be better since IIRC the PII has better mobility. Maybe it's the tier difference.
Old 2013-01-12, 21:40   Link #1654
Sumeragi
Banned

Also, probably the difference of using the 7,5 cm KwK 45 L/100 and the 8,8 cm KwK 43 L/71. I seem to be able to better utilize the 7,5 cm KwK 45 L/100 when it's on the Panther than the 8,8 cm KwK 43 L/71 on the Panther II.

And strangely enough, I rule with the 8,8 cm KwK 43 L/71 for the Königstiger.
Old 2013-01-12, 21:43   Link #1655
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
The Type 59 is the one surefire way to seriously enrage me. In the Church 7 I could never damage them even in the rear unless I was super, super lucky. When I upgraded to the Black Prince I was able to penetrate them with less luck using the same gun (because that makes sense...), and then finally I upgraded to the 17-pounder and assumed it would be a blessing for dealing with them. Nope. Now I can damage the Type 59 on the side armor if the stars align, or if I have a perpendicular shot to their front armor. They can still damage me with almost every shot they'll ever do.

It wouldn't be so bad if I couldn't regularly bounce T29s, T34s, IS-3s, IS-6s, and a whole host of other tanks from within a tier of the Type 59. It doesn't help that for all the armor that some of those tanks have in that tier, I can still regularly damage them in a lot of different locations. The only tank I've fought from that tier and even a tier above and is nearly impenetrable is that tank. It doesn't help that it's actually Chinese and a premium tank either.
Old 2013-01-12, 22:10   Link #1656
LeoXiao
思想工作

After last night's horrific loss streak, I've finally been getting some better games in the E-50. Just made about 4k xp in the last few rounds. It really reminds me of the Panther with the L/100.
Old 2013-01-12, 23:01   Link #1657
willx
Nyaaan~~

So for the first time I had someone complain about me before the match even started because of my XVM stats .. That was a tad frustrating.. On another note, the long 10.5 is making a HUGE difference in my performance .. I wonder why..

As for the Type 59 debate .. ideally played it's almost like my ideal playstyle. Show up in annoying places, speed in for facehugs and smash! Part of the problem is people not knowing where to shoot them.. the other is good Type 59 players can break a match.. It's just so flexible. It can hulldown, it can flank, it can brawl .. it slices and dices and even does julienne fries!
Old 2013-01-12, 23:38   Link #1658
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

The type 59 is a tank you'll bless if is in your team, and you will rage if is in the opposite team. With the time i've learned how naturally kill those bastard with my KV-3 and IS, and I found that now is easier to pen him by the front. Last time I killed not one but 2 in my KV-4, which is strange because even if it has the same gun of the IS/KV-3, I can pen those bastards almost like if they where made of butter.
If you have one face to face towards you just shot him on the left side of their lower front, it makes him to catch fire or break him a module or killing a crew (almost always is the driver who dies).
You can repeat the process on the same spot, and NEVER aim to its turret, you will only lose a valuable shell. If he's trying to flank you just ram him or broke it's tracks, Type 59 tracks breaks so easily from even the smallest ram. The best tactics for fighting a type is never go alone of course. Just think that you're facing an same armored version of a T-44, and aim for the most obvious weakpoints. Also, the type has the disadvantage to lose the ammorack very frequently (like every other russian or chinese on 8.3)
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-12, 23:41   Link #1659
sa547
*Author

Should've looked closely before downloading the client as I didn't know that I was diverted to the SEA site; now I'm stuck with the SEA server instead of US, and I guess I'll have to download again from the US server.

I've got some bad experiences with the local kiddies.
Old 2013-01-12, 23:44   Link #1660
willx
Nyaaan~~

Well, that's all well and good -- except for the fact that it's low enough to the ground that if it ever manages to facehug you .. then you can't shoot at it's hull .. so you're stuck shooting a sloped 200 armor turret ..

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks