Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-03-10, 00:53   Link #1061
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndiezel View Post
I can remember certain manga that goes this route. And age difference was even greater.
It's not the age difference so much as the age.
Old 2015-03-10, 00:54   Link #1062
Miraluka
Banned

I remember that one from Noitamina.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 01:07   Link #1063
kazzuya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndiezel View Post
I can remember certain manga that goes this route. And age difference was even greater.
The manga that I remember that I really like before the girl grows up is Usagi drop.
kazzuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 01:12   Link #1064
Miraluka
Banned

That one!
The girl married the guy when she grew.
Old 2015-03-10, 02:04   Link #1065
ndiezel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya View Post
The manga that I remember that I really like before the girl grows up is Usagi drop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
That one!
The girl married the guy when she grew.
Exactly. I was suspecting that something might go wrong when girl refused to be adopted, but when the time came I just couldn't remove my facepalm.
ndiezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 02:13   Link #1066
Miraluka
Banned

It's the infamous Hilary Genji's plan. Reverse version.
Old 2015-03-10, 04:42   Link #1067
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
It's the infamous Hilary Genji's plan. Reverse version.
Hikaru Genji
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 04:46   Link #1068
Avaricia
My Lord

Hilary Duff
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 05:52   Link #1069
Miraluka
Banned

Blame the auto corrections from my cell phone.
Old 2015-03-10, 09:57   Link #1070
cyberdemon

Quote:
Plot twist: Sora marries Daiki with Yuuta doing the last act as father which is sending off his daughter to start her own family.
I feel this is something much more appropriate to the theme of the story than for it to be a Sora/ Yuuta end
Old 2015-03-14, 01:19   Link #1071
RightSaidFred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgregos View Post
Urgh, hope it's a troll cover because it's the worst possible end.

I'm quite fed up with the asspull ending, even if it seem to be the trend lattely with all the trainwrecking novel (imotogairu, boku no tomodachi etc....)
Seriously, the guy run after raika for the entire series and bam, pseudo-incest finale (he is after all the paternal figure) ?
Exactly. If the story had been about Sora and Yuuta, dancing around their feelings for each other, then yes Sora and Yuuta ending up together would make sense.

However, the story has ALWAYS been about Raika and Yuuta. So Sora and Yuuta does not fit and would be an ass-pull ending.

Hopefully that's not the case.
RightSaidFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-14, 02:50   Link #1072
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightSaidFred View Post
Exactly. If the story had been about Sora and Yuuta, dancing around their feelings for each other, then yes Sora and Yuuta ending up together would make sense.

However, the story has ALWAYS been about Raika and Yuuta. So Sora and Yuuta does not fit and would be an ass-pull ending.

Hopefully that's not the case.
Errm, I'd have to disagree a little; Raika has been Yuuta's interest, yes, but the relationship between Yuuta and Sora (and Miu and Sora) has been the focus. Now, whatever the endgame relationship is decided as between Yuuta and Sora, the story has been about Yuuta and the kids. Raika isn't a pointless character, but she's been on the sub-character roster.

The cover does indeed feel like it could be a red herring, as I myself was the first to point this out (NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!! ), but it's not as out-of-nowhere as the naysayers are claming, at least in the sense that the story is more about Yuuta, Sora, and the girls than it is about Raika.

Am I saying that romance has been solidly developed between Yuuta and Sora? No. But the nay-sayers are over-playing Raika's significance in this story a bit too much to try and push out the idea of YuutaxSora.

And while I wouldn't say it's the best example, Ore no Imouto is one such series that turned the tables on more than a few readers/viewers.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2015-03-14 at 03:01.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-14, 03:15   Link #1073
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Errm, I'd have to disagree a little; Raika has been Yuuta's interest, yes, but the relationship between Yuuta and Sora (and Miu and Sora) has been the focus. Now, whatever the endgame relationship is decided as between Yuuta and Sora, the story has been about Yuuta and the kids. Raika isn't a pointless character, but she's been on the sub-character roster.

The cover does indeed feel like it could be a red herring, as I myself was the first to point this out (NNNNOOOOOOOOO!!!! ), but it's not as out-of-nowhere as the naysayers are claming, at least in the sense that the story is more about Yuuta, Sora, and the girls than it is about Raika.

Am I saying that romance has been solidly developed between Yuuta and Sora? No. But the nay-sayers are over-playing Raika's significance in this story a bit too much to try and push out the idea of YuutaxSora.

And while I wouldn't say it's the best example, Ore no Imouto is one such series that turned the tables on more than a few readers/viewers.
I view the cover as probably being Yuuta doing the role of the father and giving Sora away at her wedding. It feels like something much more in line with the story. Something about the suit just doesn't give me the feeling that he is the groom.
Old 2015-03-14, 05:19   Link #1074
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I view the cover as probably being Yuuta doing the role of the father and giving Sora away at her wedding. It feels like something much more in line with the story. Something about the suit just doesn't give me the feeling that he is the groom.
I can tell you that the cover is not Yuuta giving her away as a father. Even if thats what happens in the volume, that's not what the cover is there to say. (as in it's a misdirect and not an indicator of a give-away) The way Yuuta's hands are on Sora's hips is not your standard fatherly gesture.
Old 2015-03-14, 10:34   Link #1075
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I can tell you that the cover is not Yuuta giving her away as a father. Even if thats what happens in the volume, that's not what the cover is there to say. (as in it's a misdirect and not an indicator of a give-away) The way Yuuta's hands are on Sora's hips is not your standard fatherly gesture.
Plus Yuuta is wearing gloves, which indicates he's the groom. And don't forget Sora is now 18 and Yuuta is only 5 years older than her. So I wouldn't be surprised if they started to realize they have feelings for each other. Maybe there was romantic development between the two but it occured during the time skips and so wasn't shown much.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-14, 11:46   Link #1076
Miraluka
Banned

^
Then it would be blatant bad writing, the only romantic development involving Sora so far was the one involving Daiki confessing and Sora running away(as usual).

About the cover, guys. Have you ever went to a weddin? the father always dances with his daughter and do you know where put his hands on her waist.
Old 2015-03-14, 21:32   Link #1077
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Lmao. What an awful writing if Yuuta end up with Sora.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-16, 19:24   Link #1078
AP24

Next week we'll know the answer. Hopefully someone will provide a summary of the volume.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 09:32   Link #1079
Miraluka
Banned

Tomorrow is the release date...
Old 2015-03-23, 13:37   Link #1080
Sleepless0

Suddenly, I'm not really excited for tomorrow.....
Sleepless0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, harem, romance, sd bunko, shounen