AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-04-21, 21:33   Link #1981
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Or it could be a reference to the fact that if you remove all of the extra weapons from it, leaving it with the original weaponry that the Astraea was equipped with before Fon went AWOL, it'd look like the regular Astraea F and could be used as such when it comes to modeling purposes.
Old 2010-04-21, 23:28   Link #1982
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzmaister View Post
Also, he could have tuned the GN Drive[T] to produce the same kind of GN particles as a real GN Drive. It would be stronger, but at the cost of a much shorter running time.
I thought GN Tau Drives couldn't be tuned to be the same color as the true GN Drives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Why can't it be pink?
I believe beam's color depend on the weapon, not power input.
No...it depends on the tuning of the GN Drive.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 23:40   Link #1983
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

They can be tuned like that, it just won't do anyone any good. Similarly, the original Drives can be tuned for beam potency. And yes, beam color depends on the tuning, not the weapon.
Old 2010-04-22, 05:58   Link #1984
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Heh it's funny, The Type F uses a GN Drive Tau, but on the model kit box art, the beams are pink.
Its probably one of those artistic license thingy. The HG Gadessa boxart have it fires pink beams too. The HG Arche box has it firing orange beams when its color is red.

And as RD said, they may want to potray this as the normal Type F, despite the curcumstance its current storiline potrays and the art chosen. Model kits usually have that special break away from canon ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Why can't it be pink?
I believe beam's color depend on the weapon, not power input.
It depends on the type of particles produced by the GN Drive. Green particles produce pink beams, golden particles produce orange beams, orange particles produce orange beams and red particles produce red beams.

Quote:
Also, he could have tuned the GN Drive[T] to produce the same kind of GN particles as a real GN Drive. It would be stronger, but at the cost of a much shorter running time.
I find that very unlikely, although the Tau Drive retuned to green colors is known to be theoretically possible with the info we know.

But we still do not know whether a GN Drive can be "retuned" though; whether its something that happens at the creation and is permanant to the core componant [or whether its not].

Quote:
I thought GN Tau Drives couldn't be tuned to be the same color as the true GN Drives?
Theoretically possible although we have not seen a clear example of it being done in the series yet.
Old 2010-04-22, 14:37   Link #1985
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Spoiler for HG 1/144 GNY-001F Gundam Astraea Type F manual:

The NGN Bazooka is the name of the missle launcher used by the GN-X III and Aheads at the end of S2. The "N" literally means Non, meaning its a "Non GN" weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calubin_175
Regarding the NGN Bazooka, it says it is a Federation produced weapon used in situations where particle disruptions are employed, e.g anti GN field. It has the choice of loading up GN missiles or solid rounds. This bazoooka was looted by Fon from a Federation base.

The GN Launcher yields higher output when directly connected to the GN Drive via the clavical antenna area. When it is detached from the connector, it still holds substantial fire power among portable GN weaponry, sourcing particles from its condensor.

The Hammer is a creation of Sherilyn, and works similar to the buster sword.
Well, take it as it is folks. Credit pics go to Homeless and HobbySearch while translation pics goes to calubin.
Old 2010-04-22, 18:56   Link #1986
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Non GN Weapon?

WTF? It's TOTALLY A GN Weapon, it uses solid rounds powered by GN Particles for propulsion...so GN tech is there somewhere.

What does it mean by "missiles or solid rounds" anyway? Aren't the missiles the solid rounds?
Old 2010-04-22, 19:59   Link #1987
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Solid probably means non-explosive, ie. kinetic. NGN, probably means that it isn't affected by anti GN particle counter-measures. This way, the missile or kinetic round is launched by GN particles, where they aren't affected by the anti-GN field, and the missile or kinetic round isn't affected by the field because it isn't GN particle based. In this case NGN is a weapon in between GN and conventional. It probably isn't as strong as GN weaponry, but it is the strongest that can exist in an anti-GN field, which is a worthwile niche in and of itself.
Old 2010-04-22, 21:12   Link #1988
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Solid probably means non-explosive, ie. kinetic. NGN, probably means that it isn't affected by anti GN particle counter-measures. This way, the missile or kinetic round is launched by GN particles, where they aren't affected by the anti-GN field, and the missile or kinetic round isn't affected by the field because it isn't GN particle based. In this case NGN is a weapon in between GN and conventional. It probably isn't as strong as GN weaponry, but it is the strongest that can exist in an anti-GN field, which is a worthwile niche in and of itself.
Ya know, it's a shame we don't see more of it.

I always wanted to see like a GN-XIII or an Ahead armed with a giant GN Gatling Cannon with bullets laced in GN Particles.

Doesn't that sound so incredibly awesome?
Old 2010-04-23, 07:08   Link #1989
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Non GN Weapon?

WTF? It's TOTALLY A GN Weapon, it uses solid rounds powered by GN Particles for propulsion...so GN tech is there somewhere.

What does it mean by "missiles or solid rounds" anyway? Aren't the missiles the solid rounds?
It has the option of using both solid rounds and GN missles. The solid rounds refer to good old ballistic projectiles.

Quote:
Ya know, it's a shame we don't see more of it.

I always wanted to see like a GN-XIII or an Ahead armed with a giant GN Gatling Cannon with bullets laced in GN Particles.

Doesn't that sound so incredibly awesome?
Its okay I guess, problem is projectiles like that have limited ammo.

In most situations though, it sounds mostly like how beam weapons work. Beam weapons are technically gattling guns, in the for of accelerated high kinetic particles.
Old 2010-04-23, 07:36   Link #1990
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

They may take up ammo, but that leaves more particles for operation time.

OR...the ESF could mix conventional and GN weaponry for NON GN MS.
Old 2010-04-23, 08:22   Link #1991
fizzmaister
The Tall One

Quote:

They have. I believe Sergei's all range type tieren had a GN Rifle on a condenser.
Old 2010-04-23, 08:47   Link #1992
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Yeah, but that's the only example. We don't know if the ESF did it with more non GNMS.
Old 2010-04-23, 13:20   Link #1993
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:

A gattling gun then would be a bad idea due to the amount of ammo it usually would consume. More conventiona rifle designs would be better.

Still, it would be useful in an anti field though.
Old 2010-04-23, 14:25   Link #1994
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_s_6
The title for this month's issue is #I10 "Gundam vs. Gundam"

Beside's special ability is made known.
He possesses the ability to copy his own personality and memory to another body.
Attacked by Fon in the Gundam Astrea F, Beside bore serious injuries and at once withdrew from the battle field. At about that time, Chall meets with Telicyra. She contacted him herself.
At that place, Fon alights from Astrea F.
Chall sent Innovade medical treatment data and something in a container to Fon who just appeared.
And then Telicyra was forcibly taken to Fon.

In another place, Bryn entrusts a QBW message to Sulu and Haamiya.
"Stop my father."
Beside transplanted his personal data to a reserve body and started a second round with Fon.
And Telicyra starts to treat the cast-off body (Leif) of Beside.
Morever, Lars has stopped being an Innovade hunter.
Ribbons appears at Lars' gunpoint.
To be continued.
Well, no surprise Beside has the switch body ability. We've sort of like knew that for awhile.
Old 2010-04-24, 07:59   Link #1995
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Prediction: MS from the 00 movie will be featured in a new series called "00MV".
Old 2010-04-24, 08:13   Link #1996
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So I went backtracking in this thread for the hell of it, and found something a little odd.

Spoiler for space:

Shouldn't it be the Tieren Kyitwo?

I never heard anything about there being more than one...
Old 2010-04-24, 08:19   Link #1997
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Probably just another error in translation..
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-24, 08:56   Link #1998
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Probably just another error in translation..
Maybe, just struck me as something worth about.
Old 2010-04-24, 15:22   Link #1999
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Not sure whether it was ever specified if ever more than one was made or vice versa.

If one is unsure or was not specified, "a" seems to be the safer option. You can't take translations too literally in the English language because the difficulty involved in translating.

"A" can also be meant to imply one in a physical sense. If we know that there's only one, then "the" seem to be the correct option officially but "a" will always mean one, regardless of whether its exclusive in the world or not and regardless of whether its incorrect in the English language. In this sense, the sentence is not obeying the English rule but manages to deliver the meaning of a single unit in the scene, at least.

The translator in question, seems like she simply wish to state that there is one Tieren Kyitwo in the scene. [without saying whether it is or is not exclusive unit]

And worst comes to worst, its an error which happens all the time.
Old 2010-04-24, 19:10   Link #2000
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Over Realdo anyone?

I like the aesthetics, but...it seems mecha designers in 00 can't shake off making an MS's gun look like a certain body part...>.<

But...the rifle looks better than most S/VMS rifles, so it's not all that bad.