AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-11, 04:53   Link #681
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I faintly remember a lot of ill will towards Yui flying around a few pages ago. Context ftw.

And yes, this episode finally rocked my soul. I'm still not forgiving them for that beach episode, though.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 05:40   Link #682
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
My hate list is shrinking! Dammit Takuma!! Quit solving everyone's problems. The only people I have left to hate now are the teacher and Hinata's grandaddy.
With luck you will probably see that those two at least won't change on your hate list. The teacher is probably going along with the group whereas granddad is just a control freak.
Quote:
Some random observations of episode 6:
  • Takuma losing his eyesight - Not really that important once Otoha has entered the scene and overshadowed the information.
His time will run out soon...whatever it is. But when that time comes, he has a whole army of girls backing him up

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 09:28   Link #683
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Nice~ So is is a 'Most Hated Character Elimination Contest'? You get the reason why Yui hates Hayami so much (though it might be a little sketchy or convenient at best), two scenes in which Hinata simply turned out to be someone who values her friendship with Hayami more than her fear of her grandfather or their classmates and why Hayami puts up/provokes all the shit happening to her in school.

I can't judge Yui, and I believe neither should any of us, unless we've been through that kind of a situation. What I can assume about her is that the foundations of her hatred was took root in her heart when she was very young and nothing discouraged it's growth.

No matter what anyone says, Hayami is most certainly a great character to have.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 10:37   Link #684
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Sadly we have the human nature to judge things and people. Since no one actually wants to live through that kind of thing before hand. Will just be stuck with thinking as I will and dealing with the consequences down the road on that subject.

Only question that if the sins of the father come onto the children, on whom does the sins of the children fall upon? Should something bad happen right back to the village and the children of the village because of what happened to Hayami's life? So still sit on the side that Yui should apologize since regardless of what has happened she screwed up badly for along time. Be called moralistic or something that would fit in regardless, I feel the way i do on the situation.

Anyways, bring on the next issue for Takuma to conquer. Guy is on a roll and seems nothing can slow him down.
Old 2008-02-11, 11:09   Link #685
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Sadly we have the human nature to judge things and people. Since no one actually wants to live through that kind of thing before hand. Will just be stuck with thinking as I will and dealing with the consequences down the road on that subject.

Only question that if the sins of the father come onto the children, on whom does the sins of the children fall upon? Should something bad happen right back to the village and the children of the village because of what happened to Hayami's life? So still sit on the side that Yui should apologize since regardless of what has happened she screwed up badly for along time. Be called moralistic or something that would fit in regardless, I feel the way i do on the situation.

Anyways, bring on the next issue for Takuma to conquer. Guy is on a roll and seems nothing can slow him down.
Very well put and this trend of punishing children for the sins of the parents seems to a reoccurring theme this season since the same thing is happening in True Tears at the moment. Takuma is on a roll I still want to see how he handles things once his time runs out. Im hoping to see some really good support from Hayami, seeing all that Takuma has done for her. But the biggest obstacle for him to overcome is himself.

Very good post Flareknight
Old 2008-02-11, 13:45   Link #686
Zanshun

Meh I still hate Yui. It was the self pretentious, bratty, and bullying attitude I disliked about her. There is not a single thing cute about her at all. They tried to explain away the bullying expect, though I'm not fully sold on it and it just showed that Hayami is the only victim in all this.

Sure it sounds like Hayami's family was corrupt, but I don't see where there is an obligation by a doctor to do something that doesn't benefit them and to be held responsible for deaths because of in-action. Kagura's grandfather who "led the charge" clearly strikes me as someone who wouldn't do a single thing that didn't benefit him, going to great lengths to manipulate Hinata and Hirose, I mean the guy just reaks of corruption and power manipulation. If he led the charge against Hayami's family for their refusal to use their power without personal gain, then he should be using his power and money to help take care of the homeless or distribute his wealth around the village instead of spending all his time making sure his family can get access to more power and prestige through Hirose, it is essentially the same principle.

It seems Hirose has already tied up most of the things involving the girls, seems all they needed in their lives to fix their woes was a skilled pimp. Guess all thats left is for him to struggle through healing his eyesight permanently and perhaps to go down a path towards one of the girls, it certainly seems that Hinata has an open shot again though it still heavily favors Hayami. At least next week the pimp stick should be back and looking for action.
Zanshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 16:03   Link #687
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshun View Post
Meh I still hate Yui. It was the self pretentious, bratty, and bullying attitude I disliked about her. There is not a single thing cute about her at all. They tried to explain away the bullying expect, though I'm not fully sold on it and it just showed that Hayami is the only victim in all this.

Sure it sounds like Hayami's family was corrupt, but I don't see where there is an obligation by a doctor to do something that doesn't benefit them and to be held responsible for deaths because of in-action. Kagura's grandfather who "led the charge" clearly strikes me as someone who wouldn't do a single thing that didn't benefit him, going to great lengths to manipulate Hinata and Hirose, I mean the guy just reaks of corruption and power manipulation. If he led the charge against Hayami's family for their refusal to use their power without personal gain, then he should be using his power and money to help take care of the homeless or distribute his wealth around the village instead of spending all his time making sure his family can get access to more power and prestige through Hirose, it is essentially the same principle.

It seems Hirose has already tied up most of the things involving the girls, seems all they needed in their lives to fix their woes was a skilled pimp. Guess all thats left is for him to struggle through healing his eyesight permanently and perhaps to go down a path towards one of the girls, it certainly seems that Hinata has an open shot again though it still heavily favors Hayami. At least next week the pimp stick should be back and looking for action.
I agree on the bolded thing!! there is not single cute thing on her they even tried to explain why she is like that, but I still don't get why to hate someone if that someone hasn't done anything bad. (You know, it was Hayami's family and not actually Hayami herself)
Old 2008-02-11, 16:10   Link #688
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

It is always hard to understand what other people truly feels. Remember that she was very young when this happens, lacking the maturity to think things through, she most likely just wanted someone to blame. It's a classic reaction, when a tragedy happens there's always finger pointing, even if it's completely baseless.

I could almost see from Yui's point of view how bullying Hayami everyday would seem like some sort of revenge, or how she felt she had to inflict on Hayami pain equal to her own. All are immature reactions to a painful loss often seen with people who just don't know how to react. In those people, people are not hating the scapegoat as much as their own inability to do anything about it.

Now mind you I am in no way trying to excuse her behavior, she is a truly despicable being for holding such a foolish grudge for so long. Again I truly hope Yui won't become part of Hirose's clique that easily, especially since Yui had branded Hirose a roach as well.
Darklightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 18:17   Link #689
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
[*]Takuma's uncle is an incestuous pedo. He thought I wouldn't catch him sniffing Takuma's futon and blushing like a school girl, simply because they stuffed it in the middle of all of this drama. You sir have been outed.
That grossed me out too! I mean I like yaoi sometimes but ew God NU. I hate his uncle...he's stupid.
Old 2008-02-11, 18:23   Link #690
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
That grossed me out too! I mean I like yaoi sometimes but ew God NU. I hate his uncle...he's stupid.
He's just for humor anyways. Compared to the other characters that bring gloom or hate everywhere they go, he's been one of the only ones to stay "energetic".
I don't like him as much as Hamaji, but he brightens the atmosphere.
But that's just my opinion.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 22:14   Link #691
Willcrusher

Quote:
I can only assume you meant Spice and Wolf. And yes, after the True Tears fiasco, I fear for Spice and Wolf .
No I meant Shigofumi. It got licensed the same time True Tears did.

I heard of Spice and Wolf, but I'm hesitant to start watching it until I can get all the episodes from a single sub group. I hate splitting anime into various subbers, since consistency is ruined.
Willcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 22:19   Link #692
Willcrusher

Also, we need as OST for this anime. That piece playing in the BG when Hayami gets the flashback of her past in the Kohinata home (when she's holding the broken plate) simply rocked.
Willcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 23:32   Link #693
DanielSong39

I don't think it's necessary to like Yui or to even sympathize with her situation - the theme of redemption is pretty consistent in this show, and what matters most is the ability to change and move on. So far, Hinata and Yui have both shown that capability.

Look carefully and you'll see that no one is searching for justification for the abuse. This isn't about punishment or accountability. It's about moving on and building a future. Takuma has my support and admiration in pursuing such a lofty goal, and I hope he succeeds - before his time runs out.

I have the feeling the REAL drama will come once Takuma succeeds in having Hayami accepted by the townspeople - and his time runs out. Look for an increased role from Otoha when this happens. Should be interesting.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 02:11   Link #694
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
I agree on the bolded thing!! there is not single cute thing on her they even tried to explain why she is like that, but I still don't get why to hate someone if that someone hasn't done anything bad. (You know, it was Hayami's family and not actually Hayami herself)
It was also Hitler and the Nazis and not Germany itself. It was Stalin and the KGB, not communism as a whole. It was Osama and the Al-Qaida, not Saddam and his bunch. (haha.)
People tend to do those things, and though I still don't really like Yui, she's not as much of a b*tch in my book anymore.
Like probably most of you, this episode was a big turnaround point for the series, and though I still don't really think it can compare at all with Clannad and Ef of last season, it's mildly decent.

Ah, though it hasn't been made explicitly clear yet, Otoha's appearance is likely Takuma's vision leaving once again. Oh well, more free breast-fondling for him.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 06:07   Link #695
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willcrusher View Post
No I meant Shigofumi. It got licensed the same time True Tears did.

I heard of Spice and Wolf, but I'm hesitant to start watching it until I can get all the episodes from a single sub group. I hate splitting anime into various subbers, since consistency is ruined.
Oops my fault. I thought you were talking about anime that got their own sub-forums not anime that got licensed.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 10:27   Link #696
MarmoO

Ugh, so it was a fail, after all. Especially Yui (funny how her name is the same as my no.1 character to hate Yui Hongo). I would accept her if she was presented as a real, evil bitch, apparently writers are trying to sell her as a kind of tsundere, who is good, kind and pure deep in heart (but only a bit confused/lost). Somehow it doesn’t play well with her repeatedly ordering hers monkeys to beat the shit out of Hanami, after Yui took everything from her (well, not exactly, but following her logic it’s correct to say it) , her home, her place, her parents (were they killed (it was a murder, if so) in a fire, (I’ll try to believe writers don’t try to sell us that they were banished and forgot about their daughter). Btw. Where is a police, where is a childcare, why must Hanami live as a homeless? Anyway, after completely destroying someone’s life, Yui is still playing a role of a victim, despiceable.
Also, what Hayami’s parents did was morally wrong. But still, why should they be the only ones forced to work for free? If the villagers didn’t want to accept them, then they should have simply found themselves a new doctors, seriously the whole reason behind this whole mess is simply weak .
MarmoO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 10:46   Link #697
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Look carefully and you'll see that no one is searching for justification for the abuse. This isn't about punishment or accountability. It's about moving on and building a future. Takuma has my support and admiration in pursuing such a lofty goal, and I hope he succeeds - before his time runs out.
Certainly no one in the series especially how hayami feels like the punishment she is recieving is for the sins that her family committed. By for the viewers, me, it's a different matter. The whole village needs to bow and say sorry to hayami!

But I guess in that situation it is hard to request such a thing - knowing hayami though, she will be happy enough if everyone stopped picking on her. I can see where the theme of the poem is shining through here.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 12:10   Link #698
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarmoO View Post
Ugh, so it was a fail, after all. Especially Yui (funny how her name is the same as my no.1 character to hate Yui Hongo). I would accept her if she was presented as a real, evil bitch, apparently writers are trying to sell her as a kind of tsundere, who is good, kind and pure deep in heart (but only a bit confused/lost). Somehow it doesn’t play well with her repeatedly ordering hers monkeys to beat the shit out of Hanami, after Yui took everything from her (well, not exactly, but following her logic it’s correct to say it) , her home, her place, her parents (were they killed (it was a murder, if so) in a fire, (I’ll try to believe writers don’t try to sell us that they were banished and forgot about their daughter). Btw. Where is a police, where is a childcare, why must Hanami live as a homeless? Anyway, after completely destroying someone’s life, Yui is still playing a role of a victim, despiceable.
Also, what Hayami’s parents did was morally wrong. But still, why should they be the only ones forced to work for free? If the villagers didn’t want to accept them, then they should have simply found themselves a new doctors, seriously the whole reason behind this whole mess is simply weak .
Yui isn't being sold as a "good person" whose actions toward Hayami can be justified. Deep down inside she knows what she did was horrible, and wants to make amends. And she decided that the best way to do so was to move forward and treat Hayami like a classmate, instead of trampling her at every opportunity.

As for her strengths they have been apparent from the start. She seems to be very active, works hard, and has leadership skills. And while her behavior towards Hayami was inexcusable, she was able to move past her blind hatred. She's not playing victim here; she's playing an active role in resolving past issues. I personally think she is dealing with this matter in the proper way - and ultimately, I think it's best for Hayami as well.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-12, 12:42   Link #699
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Yui isn't being sold as a "good person" whose actions toward Hayami can be justified. Deep down inside she knows what she did was horrible, and wants to make amends. And she decided that the best way to do so was to move forward and treat Hayami like a classmate, instead of trampling her at every opportunity.

As for her strengths they have been apparent from the start. She seems to be very active, works hard, and has leadership skills. And while her behavior towards Hayami was inexcusable, she was able to move past her blind hatred. She's not playing victim here; she's playing an active role in resolving past issues. I personally think she is dealing with this matter in the proper way - and ultimately, I think it's best for Hayami as well.
Although I dont like Yui i agree with your generalizations about her. The trauma of losing her grandfather was a lot for her handle. She was angry and needed to take it out on someone. Since Hayami's family is gone that left Hayami to bare the brunt of the scorn from the village even though it was not Hayami's fault. I think she can move past the blind hatred but it will take time to wholeheartedly accept Hayami. Multiple characters have past scares and as the series rolls we learn about them and watch Takuma try to help them over come it. Hinata, Hayami, Yui, and Takuma himself all has past issues. Make no mistake Yui is an overbearing bitch but i dont think she is mean just for the sake of being mean. Imprinting your hatred on a person who closely resembles a person you hate is a very human trait we are creatures of visual perception. Just like we might fall in love with someone who bares resemblance to a former lover. In the end the children of the village will be the ones to mend the wounds of the past since the parents are obviously not up to the task. Again you make a valid point the best thing that could have happened to Yui and Hayami is their alone time at Hayami's burnt house. Yui needed to let all that pain out and the person she needed to let out towards was Hayami. Hayami needed to hear Yui pain to understand it and without saying so much as another word they both understood each others pain. Hayami said she has nothing else to give, I believe this statement made Yui realize that Hayami truly did lose everything. Yui lost her grandfather but she still has family who does Hayami have? Understanding another persons pain is one of the difficult parts about being human. Yui displayed realistic feelings towards the issue and although i hated her for how she treated Hayami it was very real.
Old 2008-02-12, 15:52   Link #700
MarmoO

Quote:
That's exactly why I think she's a "good person", she knows what she did wrong and she's trying to make amends, that's a trait of good person, know your wrongdoings and try to pay for them. My problem lies exactly here, she is partly responsible for killing Hayami's parents, if she tried to run away from it, even by harrasing Hayami I would be able to understand it. But she hated Hayami not because she felt a guilt towards her, she hated her because of what happened to her grandfather. I mean look, it's hard to tell Hayami's parents were really responsible for her grandfather's death, but she (villagers) are responsible for Hayami's parents' deaths. I have problem to stomach it, - I really don't like it, how she obviously didn't give any thought to what they have done to Hayami and how Yui "broke" after realising it, but only after she faced Hayami at the ruins of her house. She's not some retard, was she completely blank about it before? Maybe I'm mistaken at some point, but I can't accept her, she's just a badly designed character. Anyway the same goes for Hayami herself, she's "ok" with everything what they have done to her? How does she feel about her parents? They were killed and she's ok with everything what comes at her after that? They weren't even directly responsible for the reason they were killed, she's disrespecting them by trying to pay for their "sins".
MarmoO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, kadokawa, makura, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs