AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-04-18, 10:43   Link #41
EoT
~~

Download accelerators?

I'm trying to find one which works well. I tried DAP (Download Accelerator Plus) and it randomly has corrupt files

So if anyone can suggest some It would be great

P.S it's being used for direct downloads.
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 23:35   Link #42
SkyFuser
HijackThis Junior

DAP has a very dubious privacy policy (which, I might add, wasn't made public until a few very smart people realized that and protested) and full of ads. I also found the program ineffective, if not worse; I also looked in a bit and they have some adware. If you have money, try Internet Download Manager or something, I liked it better.
Generally, download accelerators don't do much on increasing speeds unless the server sucks. Once I downloaded something from WikiSend at 100kb/s. That was somewhat slow so I managed to triple it with IDM
And EoT where are the direct files from?
To me, DownThemAll! did worse performance Right now I don't use any DA plugins, only DownloadHelper. My IDM integration is also turned off.
SkyFuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 23:42   Link #43
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
LeechGET FTW
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 00:02   Link #44
SkyFuser
HijackThis Junior

I think you're only allowed 1 simultaneous download on LeechGET unless you get a license.
Forgot to add this review
Download Manager Review
SkyFuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 02:56   Link #45
shalimar

hi,
in my personal experience all the so called download accelerators are all one big humbug, the only way to increase your speed is by you signing for a higher speed, for instance u check the internet speed using http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/ before and after installing the software , you wont feel any difference
shalimar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 12:40   Link #46
donoghu

Like shalimar said, download accelerator can't be used to have "faster downloads", but should be said to have "More reachable download".

There are a LOT of thing to know about what can affect your bandwish speed :

IP : Internet Provider is the major one. If you're using their service with a limite, that's the limite. For exemple, I got a business connection with a limit of 165Kb/s in download and 80Kb/s in upload. (But it have unlimited cap) The only way I can burst that limit is by using my monthly "download boost" which is a service offered by my IP which gives me limitless bandwish speed for 2 days / months.

Cables/antenna (internal) : This one is halfly tricky. First, you got cable or antenna off both in and out your modem, no? Those have a bandwish limit. (well... the limit is estimated to their materials.) Currently, the basic cables is 100mb/s limit... which can be 1mb/s in download and 99mb/s in upload. (it's NOT 100mb/s download limit! it's the merge of both download and upload!)
For basic prices, the antenna on routers have a limit of 50mb/s but can goes up to 150mb/s and even up to 1Go/s with higher prices. (Have you seen a 4 antenna 2Kg industrial router? That's the scariest thing you can see plugged on a modem!)

Cables(external) : That's the true tricky side of it and customer aren't aware that they NEED to protect themself from this trick... which is legal due to ignorance. Those cable outside your house on which you maybe got your TV channels and everything. Those, like internal cables, have a limit too! Even if the limit is a lot higher than what you got in your house, they're used by maybe all the people around. On top, it's the same system that is used for TV channels and God know how many people watch TV. (Today's TV is the same as an Internet Connection : Transfert of Televisual data in form of bits.)
If ever those cables are even slightly worn-out, overused, etc. you'll see a huge drop to your services qualities. The one who're in charge of those are your IP, but if it's not said in your contract (if there is one), they can gives you the responssability and the charge of repairing it by yourself. (actually... by hiring a technician from them )

Antenna(External) : This one is a tricky for those who don't takes time to ask questions when they take an IP remote/satelite service and double check their contract and rules of use. Even if they say "The quality won't change whatever the season, the sky or the equipement", they're mostly lying. (I know... I worked for one of those I couldn't keep up with their sh*t and couldn't memorised all their tricks to sell, so I quit after 2 weeks of intense training.) There are TOOOOONS of factors that reduce the quality of a satelite service! Even the SMOG can be a major factor (reducing your connection to HALF on the behalf of other or even disconnecting you frequently.)
donoghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 19:51   Link #47
sa547
*Author

I always considered the quality of any ISP, so IMHO one has to think about getting some research on his/her ISP's service before downloading an accelerator or a traffic shaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFuser View Post
I think you're only allowed 1 simultaneous download on LeechGET unless you get a license.
Forgot to add this review
Download Manager Review
Checked date of review... it's more than 7 years old. DTA or FDM now works well for me, provided that the MD5 hash is also added to ensure a better download.

Tags
software