AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-09, 05:37   Link #41
Myname

In Muneshige vs Tadakatsu, what was Muneshige trying to do at the end with his final attack?

He shot a beam and it just kinda stayed there until Kazuno got into the line of fire to activate it. What was supposed to trigger it if Kazuno didn't?
Old 2011-12-09, 05:38   Link #42
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
In Muneshige vs Tadakatsu, what was Muneshige trying to do at the end with his final attack?

He shot a beam and it just kinda stayed there until Kazuno got into the line of fire to activate it. What was supposed to trigger it if Kazuno didn't?
Pretty sure it was mentioned in the episode that it was just charging up before firing.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-12-09, 06:41   Link #43
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
It was supposed to disrupt the meltdown sequence by destroying the pillar of light by using Muneshige's destroying ability.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-12-27, 00:34   Link #44
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
How come "good day" or "gutei" that the erotic-dancer/shrine-maiden/older-sister calls her younger brother, is translated as "something" brother

Is it also part of the setting's slang, like jajji (judge/judgment->yes) and tes (???->yes), in other words it means absolutely nothing
Old 2011-12-27, 00:37   Link #45
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
How come "good day" or "gutei" that the erotic-dancer/shrine-maiden/older-sister calls her younger brother, is translated as "something" brother

Is it also part of the setting's slang, like jajji (judge/judgment->yes) and tes (???->yes), in other words it means absolutely nothing

Because if you look at the Kanji characters, it's literally 'silly' and 'brother'.

Quote:
愚 弟
Old 2011-12-27, 02:41   Link #46
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

So, after a short lecture from a friend, I'll try to rewrite everything (that isn't spoilerish) that I can remember to make sure I got it right. Please point out any mistakes.

The land that the story takes place, the Japanese land is the only land on Earth that is livable because other lands are dimensionally unstable. The now Far-Eastern citizens were the original residents of this land and had their own original prophecies that follows Japan history. Originally the God-People (humanity that came back from space) stay away from the original Divine Land (Japan land) and lives in an alternate dimension of it (and conduct their own Testament prophecy by reenacting world history). However, due to a war caused by the original Divine Land incident, there's a rip in the dimension (caused by a meltdown of reactors similar to what happened in the anime) and the original and alternate world become merged. This also caused the merging of the Testament and the Japanese prophecies, resulting in chaos. Deemed responsible for the current predicament, the Divine-Land denizens were cornered by the Testament and they're forced to live in the now Far-East. And thus Far-East became a repressed country with no independence.

Regarding "students". Students ARE the political body of each nation, and they are the ones who decide the futures of their respective nations. However, as a form of pressure, Far-Eastern students are limited to the age of 18. Anyone older are required to graduate and step-down from any political activities. Students have two main bodies: the cabinet of presidency and the school organization. It's not uncommon for someone to be the head of both organizations, like Toori.

......Do I get that right so far?
Old 2011-12-27, 02:55   Link #47
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Yep, I think you got everything you need there.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-12-27, 03:07   Link #48
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Some nitpicking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Originally the God-People (humanity that came back from space) stay away from the original Divine Land (Japan land) and lives in an alternate dimension of it (and conduct their own Testament prophecy by reenacting world history).
Divine States was too small to accomodate all humans, and outside of it, the land was unstable, so the solution that they came up with is to copy Divine States and place it in another dimension (they called it Harmonic Divine States).

Quote:
However, due to a war caused by the original Divine Land incident, there's a rip in the dimension (caused by a meltdown of reactors similar to what happened in the anime) and the original and alternate world become merged.
During Nanboku-cho war, the South Court rose a rebellion. They stormed the Imperial Castle and usurped the three sacred treasures from the Emperor. Those 3 treasures controls the world's Leyline/Ether Vein (or however 地脈 was translated in English). As a result, the Harmonic Divine States in another space, which has its stability supported by the Leyline, collapsed. More than half of Harmonic Divine States was destroyed. The remnants of it, got fused with the Divine States and overwrote most of it. Those invisible pillars interspersed in the land are actually caused by that. (This is called Harmonic Territories)

Quote:
Students have two main bodies: the cabinet of presidency and the school organization. It's not uncommon for someone to be the head of both organizations, like Toori.
More accurate would be (this is from the Ninth Clause of School Rules):
The representatives of the Academy will be the Chancellor and the Student Council President. Student Councils are responsible for politics while the Chancellor and his Board are in charge of military. The Testament Union had chosen the most incapable people like Toori as the head of both organization for easier control.
Old 2011-12-27, 03:23   Link #49
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ So the Kusanagi, the Yata Mirror and the Jewel of Yasakani exists in this universe?

Old 2011-12-27, 03:31   Link #50
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ So the Kusanagi, the Yata Mirror and the Jewel of Yasakani exists in this universe?
That, I am not sure, because the novel didn't clearly mention what those 3 sacred instruments were. It just says, 三種の神器. (ref: p128, v1-A)
Although if you try to search for 三種の神器 in japanese wikipedia, it would give you the link to the article of those 3 treasures that you mentioned.
Old 2011-12-30, 22:57   Link #51
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Can anyone remind me of what Toori's johnson-censoring ability is?

Old 2011-12-30, 23:17   Link #52
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Toori recovered immediately from the blow he got. He's looking at Oriotorai hugging Sanyou in attempt of calming her down. Oriotorai said to the crying Sanyou,

"Everything's all right now, Mitsuki. Calm down."

"She's right, Sanyou-sensei. Everything is fine now. Look!"

A student pointed at something. At the end of its pointed direction is the crotch area of the man. But the thing that's supposed to be shown in there isn't there. Instead, it was replaced by a green window screen.

"See? This is Amaterasu-type optical camouflage spell, called 'God Mosaic' in English. We have an ample stock right now. The Chancellor can do as many stripping pranks he wish, we'll all counter that."
Old 2011-12-30, 23:41   Link #53
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

This is also the same thing that covers Louis Exiv's privates too?

Old 2011-12-31, 16:26   Link #54
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

What are the names and descriptions of all of Toorii and Horizons' classmates including both Toorii and Horizon?

All of those cool misfits are unique, but I couldn't grasp the names for most of them. Some help, please.
Old 2011-12-31, 16:32   Link #55
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
What are the names and descriptions of all of Toorii and Horizons' classmates including both Toorii and Horizon?

Each one of those cool misfit are unique, but I couldn't grasp the names for most of them. Some help, please.
You can always consult Zeroblade's character profiles in this page if you're having trouble remembering them. I'm sure it'll be helpful to you as have been to most of us. It was tough remembering them at first.
http://kyoukaisen.tumblr.com/charaprofiles
Old 2012-01-01, 01:51   Link #56
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Recently I decided to introduce this show to my friends, but I have trouble choosing which essential information should I let them know beforehand without spoiling too much, but still enough for them to not lose interest too quick before it reaches 4th ep, or not confuse them so much that may let them drop the show.

Is explaining about the world's current state is enough? How should I answer them when they ask "What's this show about?"?
Old 2012-01-01, 02:09   Link #57
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Recently I decided to introduce this show to my friends, but I have trouble choosing which essential information should I let them know beforehand without spoiling too much, but still enough for them to not lose interest too quick before it reaches 4th ep, or not confuse them so much that may let them drop the show.

Is explaining about the world's current state is enough? How should I answer them when they ask "What's this show about?"?
There was that one image I saw back in the earlier episodes that was pretty good. Though you might want to leave out the last point.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-01-01, 04:56   Link #58
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually that last part was after the story starts.
Old 2012-01-01, 10:42   Link #59
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Q: How did Gin/the Tres espania vice president(whoever it was) get the Gin's husband's Armament, when Toori and Horizon already claimed and used it(EP 13)?
(Horizon shot it at the Popes ship, the Armament was later seen again next to a woman wearing a Tres Espania uniform.)

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2012-01-01 at 10:55.
Old 2012-01-01, 11:36   Link #60
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Q: How did Gin/the Tres espania vice president(whoever it was) get the Gin's husband's Armament, when Toori and Horizon already claimed and used it(EP 13)?
(Horizon shot it at the Popes ship, the Armament was later seen again next to a woman wearing a Tres Espania uniform.)
Are you referring to the big-breasted woman near the end of episode 13 carrying a big sword? That was a different Deadly Sin Armament called Akēdia Katathlipsē. Tres Espana has 2 DSAs.

Tags
q&a