AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-07-29, 09:56   Link #1141
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Versatility aside, Gipsy Danger also came right out of nowhere for the kaijus due to it getting benched for five years. Plus, Raleigh was an unconventional fighter, both outside his Jaeger and while piloting it. So it was more than just upgrades, they also had luck and the element of surprise on their side. The kaijus were prepared for everything but Gipsy Danger coming back and hitting them right out of nowhere.
Old 2013-07-29, 09:59   Link #1142
EmagEvil

About Gipsy Danger, i hear it's the only jeager who was recommisionned after its defeat by knifehead... While it was repaired maybe it was upgrated by their latest technologies, and it may be as powerful as Eureka Striker?
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 10:10   Link #1143
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmagEvil View Post
About Gipsy Danger, i hear it's the only jeager who was recommisionned after its defeat by knifehead... While it was repaired maybe it was upgrated by their latest technologies, and it may be as powerful as Eureka Striker?
It's performance put it near Crimson Typhoon levels, so I would peg the rebuilt Gipsy Danger as a pseudo-Mark 4 Jaeger. The upgrades were evidently shown in effect during the Hong Kong battle, as the way it moved during the Knifehead fight and during the Dual Event incident was way too different.

Pentecost's words also seemed to imply (at least to me) that Gipsy was recommissioned because it was the only Jaeger they could rebuild without having to reconstruct the entire thing (his words seemed to imply that every other Mark 3 Jaeger died with their pilots, and most probably destroyed beyond repair).

Also, Tendo did mention the upgrades to Raleigh, during their reunion scene. It was made pretty clear then and there.
Old 2013-07-29, 10:21   Link #1144
EmagEvil

'Its better to buy a new car when the old one is too used', because of rentability, but in this situation they don't have any new jeager and maybe by luck or fate Gipsy can still fight if repaired!
Old 2013-07-29, 12:37   Link #1145
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

According to some posters who went to see premier of the Japanese dubbed Pacific Rim, apparently they changed "Elbow Rocket" to "Rocket Punch!".

In the Japanese trailer he says Elbow Rocket, so maybe they changed it for the premier.
I wonder which version will make it in the final release.
Old 2013-07-29, 13:26   Link #1146
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
According to some posters who went to see premier of the Japanese dubbed Pacific Rim, apparently they changed "Elbow Rocket" to "Rocket Punch!".

In the Japanese trailer he says Elbow Rocket, so maybe they changed it for the premier.
I wonder which version will make it in the final release.
"Rokketo Panchi!!"
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 13:33   Link #1147
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

my favorite rocket punch has to be Daiguard when threw its arm at the heterodynes.

that reminds me, i haven't watch that show in a while.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2013-07-29 at 13:59.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 13:58   Link #1148
EmagEvil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
my favorite punch has to be Daiguard when threw its arm at the heterodynes.
Yeah, that was the most realistic & epic of all robots's Rocket punch!
... If for the japanese's version they will change it, most audience may have an orgasm...
Old 2013-07-29, 16:08   Link #1149
HighGuard

Quote:
The “mark" label affixed to each Jaeger refers to the launch schedule. The program can be divided into five annual roll-outs beginning in 2015 and ending in 2019. The Mark-1’s were deployed in 2015, the Mark-2’s in 2016, and so on. Since there is no standardized design template, there can be a wide range of body-types within each “mark." (Both Coyote Tango and Cherno Alpha are Mark-1’s.) This level of diversity among the Jaegers is a tactical response to the high variability in kaiju shapes
Just something to chew on.
HighGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 16:27   Link #1150
Helius

Never piss off a mizugi kanojo who sports a pair of giant robo arms and wears a chimney for a hat.

Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 17:09   Link #1151
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineCorps View Post
Just something to chew on.
Yeah but the problem is that in an attritional war the Kaiju simply win through hard numbers.

Every time a Jaeger wins brings it closer to losing its effectiveness.

For the Kaiju masters, they are really just using "one standardized template" as Newt pointed out they are all clones. Once a design doesn't work, they strip it and work on another variant.

PDCC will have to find a standardized template they could use that's basic enough to use as a foundation and then just build on it which would make it easier and faster to build.

Or they'll have to come up with something to address the Jaeger programs shortcomings.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 17:19   Link #1152
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

PDCC will have to find a standardized template they could use that's basic enough to use as a foundation and then just build on it which would make it easier and faster to build.
you can't just have one standard design. Again the Kaiju will kick its metal ass if you just have one design no matter how much you try varied it.

There should be several specialize designs and each country capable of building Jaegers should just specialize in one design. This will allow cost savings and still have enough variation to keep the kaiju's guessing.

Quote:
Or they'll have to come up with something to address the Jaeger programs shortcomings.
the shortcomings can be address in teams. No more signal unit launches. Launch a team of 3-4 jaegers even if just one Kaiju shows up. Another poster also mention this, rotate the teams form different areas.
Old 2013-07-29, 18:03   Link #1153
Seitsuki
Onee!

Spoiler for potential film spoilers:
Old 2013-07-29, 19:00   Link #1154
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Why did they stop production of Jaegers in 2020?
Old 2013-07-29, 20:59   Link #1155
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Why did they stop production of Jaegers in 2020?
Republicans got elected and wanted to built a wall to keep out the illegal aliens.
Old 2013-07-29, 21:10   Link #1156
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Republicans got elected and wanted to built a wall to keep out the illegal aliens.
Republicans were elected all over the World ?

P.S - I laughed at the "illegal aliens" part
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 22:13   Link #1157
ReddyRedWolf

In the movie we don't see the Jaegers at the background of Oblivion Bay as it is too dark. Fortunately got some renders and tweaked them.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

On the left a Romeo Blue type, on the right a Mark 3 same generation as Gipsy Danger, the center I'm guessing Russian by the big hands and feet.

Stacker did mention the Cherno Alpha as the last T-90.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2013-07-29 at 22:32.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 22:42   Link #1158
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
you can't just have one standard design. Again the Kaiju will kick its metal ass if you just have one design no matter how much you try varied it.

There should be several specialize designs and each country capable of building Jaegers should just specialize in one design. This will allow cost savings and still have enough variation to keep the kaiju's guessing.
I meant the Chasis. In the end they are all humanoids to begin with and again it's the costs.

I dunno we're going in circles but if they make a sequel they are going to have to address it somewhere to make the Jaeger program more viable.

Quote:
the shortcomings can be address in teams. No more signal unit launches. Launch a team of 3-4 jaegers even if just one Kaiju shows up. Another poster also mention this, rotate the teams form different areas.
Both Cherno Alpha and Crimson Typhoon were taken down by Otachi with no problems.

And according to Ralegih, he had met Hanson before when they required 3 Jaegers to engage a single Kaiju in the ol' days.

Striker Eureka could've made a difference but those two Kaiju came with the intent to defeat all 3 Jaegers. Striker Eureka staying in the back was just an extra bonus for them.

So teams aren't going to work because they've already been doing it when the Kaiju were getting stronger to the point that even a single could take on three.

Quote:
I think you guys are forgetting one glaring issue. The portal doesn't statically disgorge kaiju, but spits them out bigger and at an increasingly faster rate. If the source isn't dealt with, there could eventually be dozens or more of them coming out at a time nonstop, and at larger categories by which point it really doesn't matter how good your jaegars are or how much you rotate them or whatever. Fighting off the kaiu has always been a stopgap measure.
No we're not.

We're talking about the aftermath or the sequel when the Kaiju return.

They're going to need better Jaegers to match the Kaiju in order to stop them again.
Old 2013-07-29, 22:48   Link #1159
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

As others said, the main issue with the quantity of giant robots is a lack of pilots.

This is an old school justification for why we have expensive, few, heavily customised weapons. To have only a few valuable pilots means there isn't much point in mass production or cut costs.

Pilots are the bottleneck. The problem? The aliens do not have that issue. So unless humans harm the Kaiju production facilities, they will eventially be overrun by sheer numbers.
Old 2013-07-29, 23:30   Link #1160
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Wait did they even say they had a shortage of pilots?

When confronted about the program the UN stated that "we're losing Jaegers faster than we can build them"

They never said anything about lack of pilots. Granted Pentecost told Raleigh that he was the only pilot left but I assumed it was because since they weren't building anymore there was no point to training pilots.

Tags
bad ass, mecha, monster