AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-04-11, 23:50   Link #41
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I have the game up and running.

The only thing I can say about it right now is that it has a nice login screen.

EVERY SINGLE SERVER in every region is "busy". Wait time is about 1.5 hours >.>
Hahaha, expect this for the NA launch as well. I remember when Lineage II first started, there was a lovely Server Congested status screen for every server. Login normally took about an hour. I just jammed a pen into the enter key and went AFK until it worked.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 00:05   Link #42
Xion Valkyrie

Well, luckily they have a nice waiting window, so you don't have to jam any more pens.

10 more minutes!
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 00:37   Link #43
EoT
~~

How are you guys playing it ?
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 02:36   Link #44
Komori
D:

Chinese Open Beta. http://aion.sdo.com/web3/home/index.html
Google around for the English patch.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 04:25   Link #45
Xion Valkyrie

Yeah, got in and played for a bit!

The game is GORGEOUS, especially on the Eylos side.

Huge images:
Spoiler:

Impressions so far:

Graphics: Beautiful graphics. Probably the best I've seen for a MMORPG. Character models are really detailed and highly customizable. The screenies pretty much speak for themselves. The whole game oozes art style. Animations are well done, plus, there's facial expressions!

Sound: Music is really well done, although the battle music might get old after a while. Sound effects seem okay so far.

Interface: Incredibly modern and streamlined. Has all your standard stuff you'd expect from American games like WoW. Fully customizable keys. Has a compass map, full map, and an overlay map (one of the screenshots above show it). Quests are well organized, separated into Missions/Quests/Work Orders (not sure what the last are). NPCs giving and receiving quests are instantly recognizable. You get the option to flag down npcs and they show up in the compass map with an arrow. If you're near quests arrows will show up on the compass map directing you to them. You can also "check" quests in your quest log, and they'll show up green on the compass map arrows, and also show up on the upper right hand side (really good if you want to prioritize quests and what not).

The best part probably is that every single NPC/Monster/Item/Area is highlighted in your quest log, so you can check click on them and they'll tell you a bit about them, including what drops them (if they're an item) and where they can be located (NPCs/Monsters/Areas). Sort of like a mini-wiki.

Gameplay: Combat seems like your standard affair (pretty similar to WoW). I only played a scout class up to level 6 so far. She has a backstab skill, a main damage skill, a 5 second evasion stance, and a counter skill. Makes fighting decently interesting even at low levels.

Skills look like they level up by usage (at least I haven't found anything to suggest otherwise) and it doesn't look like stats are distributable.

Quests so far have been either kill some monsters or collect some kind of item from a random spawn point. They haven't been that bad so far, most of them just involves getting 5 of something (which is pretty quick). There are also "main" quests called missions, which are multi-part and involve cutscenes.

The English localization is incredibly well done. The dialogue can use a bit more flavor, but is well written and very clear. There's a lot of backstory to all the quests too, so there's a hefty bit of reading for those inclined. This makes the quests at least fairly interesting if you bother to read the quest dialogues.

Also, I've noticed some of the monsters actually does stuff like digging around in the ground, chasing after other monsters, etc, which gives life to the scenery. Also, when I killed a crane in the lake, it's carcass floated to the top, which was pretty cool.

Character Creation: AWESOME. There's 40+ hairs and some default template faces, but every part of the face is fully customizable. Think Oblivion, except really good looking. Body is pretty customizable too, as you can see from the screenies above. You can make some really disproportionate peole though, but increasing and decreasing the head to height ratio.
Old 2009-04-12, 16:07   Link #46
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Very much excited for this game. Here's hoping they'll combat RMTs/bots more aggressively. Korean/Chinese games are just too darn RMT heavy, ruins the feel of the game.
Old 2009-04-12, 16:15   Link #47
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hawk View Post
Very much excited for this game. Here's hoping they'll combat RMTs/bots more aggressively. Korean/Chinese games are just too darn RMT heavy, ruins the feel of the game.
Don't count on it. NCsoft went as far as congratulating one of the most prolific botter in Lineage II history for hitting level cap on its main page.
Old 2009-04-12, 16:35   Link #48
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by daskuu View Post
I love how it looks, i just hope it won't end in a big grindfest T_T been keeping an eye on it for a long time.
I just hope its not gonna be a whore fest.... every pretty MMORPG is gonna have loads and loads of men playing female characters and whoring them up degrading women... not to mention using it as a way to get stuff...

and i'll put money down that male characters are gonna get half of the customization that females can get....
Old 2009-04-12, 16:38   Link #49
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
you can't combat with RMT, the Chinese will always zerg you.
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 16:42   Link #50
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I just hope its not gonna be a whore fest.... every pretty MMORPG is gonna have loads and loads of men playing female characters and whoring them up degrading women... not to mention using it as a way to get stuff...

and i'll put money down that male characters are gonna get half of the customization that females can get....
you are being sexist... women whore in mmorpgs as much as men do...

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 16:57   Link #51
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:

people who ''give items'' based on gender deserved to be mugged. I treat everyone the same regardless (ie i normal PK anyone i see!), the gender of the person playing is so irrelevant, all that matters is how they act
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-12, 17:18   Link #52
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
Don't count on it. NCsoft went as far as congratulating one of the most prolific botter in Lineage II history for hitting level cap on its main page.
Much sadness Since its the same company; How bad was the RMT in Lineage? Did the company actively pursue these guys like in FFXI and WoW? (highly doubt it tho with your comment on them congratulating a botter >.<)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
*LOL* True that. Reminds me of the time in Mabinogi(KR&JP) GMs would ban a few the next day you'll see like ten bots taking the place of one
Old 2009-04-12, 19:33   Link #53
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
you are being sexist... women whore in mmorpgs as much as men do...
Um no I'm not... but what ever I just hope people actually play the game for the gameplay and story, not for special alone time play.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2009-04-12 at 21:30.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 02:01   Link #54
Xion Valkyrie

Obama plays Aion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-2BzE4fqsU
Old 2009-04-13, 02:48   Link #55
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
Do you happen to post regularly on L2Blah as well? =O
Old 2009-04-13, 07:25   Link #56
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

where can I play the beta at? I can't find it for english anywhere and so many people seem to be playing it.
Old 2009-04-13, 07:27   Link #57
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
where can I play the beta at? I can't find it for english anywhere and so many people seem to be playing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komori View Post
I don't know if the mods would appreciate me posting a link to the guide since it does contain some kinda illegal parts to it, but google for "guide for aion china obt", you should see a Windows Live post.
=P

Send me a PM if you still can't find it.

Quote:
Much sadness Since its the same company; How bad was the RMT in Lineage? Did the company actively pursue these guys like in FFXI and WoW? (highly doubt it tho with your comment on them congratulating a botter >.<)
I've never heard of anyone getting banned for buying in game currency in Lineage II. Hell, I knew a millionaire stock broker bought up so much in game money that he could manipulate certain aspects of the SERVER economy. He never got banned. And if you were wondering, he made a considerable sum off the game through that manipulating amongst other things.

You can certainly get nailed for botting..... if you bot incorrectly. IE 24/7 in a high traffic area.

Last edited by problemedchild; 2009-04-13 at 07:47.
Old 2009-04-13, 13:37   Link #58
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Found out the chinese open beta end 16 April, not going to bother with the cOB. I'll just w8 for the US/EU ob.

To be honest about the botting thing. Just start botting yourself. It's better to just join em instead of w8ing for NCsoft to do anything. :x
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 02:58   Link #59
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
I really like this game...

The amount of detail in this game surprised me <3

Here is my screenshots <3

Most of these are in max settings

Spoiler for these are from a quest:

Spoiler for randoms:

Last edited by nadare; 2009-04-15 at 03:21.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-15, 05:22   Link #60
Xion Valkyrie

Open Beta ends tomorrow =/

Only got to level 18.5. Got to the point where it's impossible to progress unless you group with a cleric. The quest enemies are starting to deal insane amounts of damage that's just not pot-able.

Anyways, last batch of screens:

Spoiler:

Tags
aion, mmorpg, ncsoft, windows