AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-11, 15:35   Link #21
aardvark

The mechanical design is what you would expect from Koyama who I am glad to see in a more prominent role. The overall design of the Hero Man reminds me of the 3rd form of the Nirvash from E7, though blockier (and without the back protrusion)

This is the first time he's done actual character design though (afaik). For comparison, here's an E7 illustration from Koyama that is pretty similar in terms of character art (he can draw, though not spell english )

As far as the show, it seems like a Tetsujin-28 set in America
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-11, 17:09   Link #22
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Stan Lee was part of the various people that had a message for BONES' 10th anniversary in the article, here's what he said:

Happy 10 year anniversary! It's been great pleasure working with you. I can't think of any better partner to be collaborating with to make this amazing project "Hero-Man" than Studio Bones. - Stan Lee
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 17:12   Link #23
pulpwin
マギ

Would it be absurd to expect this at TAF this week?
pulpwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 20:11   Link #24
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by axel.k11 View Post
Would it be absurd to expect this at TAF this week?
It would be worrying if it wasn't
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-15, 20:28   Link #25
solomon

Well it looks SUPER DUMB but at least the designs are nice, at first glance I thought it was Yoshida under someone elses name.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 17:41   Link #26
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Its good to see two of my favorite genres collaborate Marvel Comics/Anime also Stan lee and Koyama. Even if Stan Lee has done just the concept the anime in whole looks very promising . Also from the cover posted the art and character designs too look good at a first glance. Will be looking forward to seeing it when it comes out .

And last but not least thanks to D.Roll for the thread and for all the updates .
Old 2009-06-30, 00:21   Link #27
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Erm, yeah I think this show has been canned. We haven't heard anything for a year now and it's been missing from all the usual cons and trade shows. Lol.
Old 2009-06-30, 01:55   Link #28
_gallo_

Eh, it's only me or Bones doesn't seem on the roll anymore? Could be they have same financial difficulties since American market is in trouble? I don't know what to think of them now. Probably is not completely their fault, but after some recent shows I have lessened my faith in them.

Also, A studio in certainly unlucky. First with Ayakashi and than with this... well, I hope the manage to make at least a show by the end of 2010. The only anime they produced in recent years is Jyu Oh sei, which wasn't good, and a studio supervised by Kawamoto could give something more to the public.

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 02:26   Link #29
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Wasn't Ayakashi Ayashi after Jyuohsei?
Old 2009-06-30, 02:40   Link #30
_gallo_

Ah, you're right. I thought that Ayakashi started in spring (the year is the same).

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 08:11   Link #31
pulpwin
マギ

Maybe it's a communication issue with Stan Lee that's delaying the development process?
Old 2009-06-30, 10:46   Link #32
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _gallo_ View Post
Ah, you're right. I thought that Ayakashi started in spring (the year is the same).
After the Ayakashi Ayashi OVAs, A Studio went on to work on production of Chiko. While BONES did not anime or direct the series (Telecom did), they were responsible for the designs and overall concept. They also animated the OP and ED. BONES also worked on ep3 of Michiko, with Kawamoto as animation director. So it's not like A Studio hasn't been doing anything. They've been working on Heroman for a while, so that would be the last thing they've been working on, assuming it's canned. If it isn't canned then they're probably still working on it.
Old 2009-07-01, 02:53   Link #33
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Wow! This show looks really seem awesome! I look forward to it *_*
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 15:56   Link #34
Katapan
俺様祭り

Starting in Shounen Gangan next month (heads up to Heiji-sama from Mangaverse forums for posting the scan):

I guess the project's fine?
Old 2009-07-09, 16:36   Link #35
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Yup, looks like the project is still alive. They're starting with a manga first for some reason. Maybe the anime project got delayed after they worked on a few episodes last year, and they're resuming production soon?
Old 2009-08-11, 00:25   Link #36
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Gangan has updated their site with the cover page of the first chapter of HEROMAN!

Old 2009-08-14, 06:08   Link #37
pulpwin
マギ

So the first chapter should be out now right? Has anyone read it yet?
Old 2009-09-10, 02:48   Link #38
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Chapter 2:

Old 2009-09-10, 13:09   Link #39
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I like Stan Lee's work with comics, so is Heroman good?
Old 2009-09-10, 20:44   Link #40
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Art looks weak. Especially compared to other BONES manga like Darker than Black Shikkoku no Hana. But then again, that looks just incredible. So it's not a fair comparison.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, mecha