AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 31 11.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 3.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 5.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 5.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 5.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 3.97%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 3.25%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 13 4.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 151 54.51%
Voters: 277. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-30, 11:59   Link #101
baltakatei

Hahahahahahaha!!

As a side note, Kyon's final deja vu was epic. Hi-res screenshot, please.
Old 2009-07-30, 12:05   Link #102
Pixelation
Dreamcatcher

All I can say is they must be incredibly confident in the power of Haruhi to pull such a massive stunt. It's actually as impressive as it is frustrating.

I personally wouldn't buy the individual DVDs of this. Already owning the first season, I wouldn't buy a re-release box set of the first season with Endless Eight. I'd only own this if it was packaged in the normal box set with a REAL second season, and even then just because I was getting it with along with a large amount of worthy entertainment.

Buying a DVD of what amounts to a Haruhi advertisement is just too silly for me.
Old 2009-07-30, 12:07   Link #103
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
So, another non-ending? That's it, I'm not even gonna watch this episode, because I'm just so god damn tired of this.

...Oh, and come to think of it, how is anyone possibly gonna profit from this? I mean, who would willingly purchase 6 DVDs in a row with what is practically the same episode repeated over and over?
As long as the extra stuff comes inside worth at least 3000 yen then I expect they will sold at least 4000 copies.
Old 2009-07-30, 12:16   Link #104
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelation View Post
All I can say is they must be incredibly confident in the power of Haruhi to pull such a massive stunt. It's actually as impressive as it is frustrating.

I personally wouldn't buy the individual DVDs of this. Already owning the first season, I wouldn't buy a re-release box set of the first season with Endless Eight. I'd only own this if it was packaged in the normal box set with a REAL second season, and even then just because I was getting it with along with a large amount of worthy entertainment.

Buying a DVD of what amounts to a Haruhi advertisement is just too silly for me.
Yeah pretty much confidence in knowing that it's a profitable franchise in Japan, but I don't think Bandai is going to be too happy if they try to do an R1 release, something I can't even fathom at the moment even as I bring it up. What works in Japan for this sort of situation doesn't work nearly as well here if at all.
Old 2009-07-30, 12:19   Link #105
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, at least I'll have the Hitler rant parodies on this. Downfall of Kyon...

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2009-07-30, 12:20   Link #106
Eak
One angry cloud.

I know it will sell (definitely not a whole lot as I am sure the Japanese audience is just as disappointed as we are) but to have it in so many DVDs? Repetition x 7 is one thing... but does Kadokawa think we are THAT stupid to buy the same thing on (what seems like) more than 4 DVDs? Seriously?
Old 2009-07-30, 12:20   Link #107
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Coming from the stream, animation quality is on par with E8-4 [Ep05] (background characters were mostly static, especially noticeable during the obon festival). A few things in this episode:
  • Haruhi challenging Yuki to successive swimming contests in the pool.
  • Kyon goes Rambo on the fireworks.
  • Of course, the ENDLESS yukata shop.
  • Kyon practicing the I love you line in the stargazing scene.
  • And, of course, the most epic cafe deja vu scene yet.
Still, there are some things I may have missed. Off to sleep...
Old 2009-07-30, 12:22   Link #108
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Spoiler for ep 8:
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-07-30, 12:22   Link #109
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
What former director Yamamoto thinks about endless eight.

When was this interview, by any chance?
Old 2009-07-30, 12:27   Link #110
ReneeBurossamu

Expecteddddd. And oddly I don't even feel anything about Endless Eight anymore.

I can still bet that there are fanboys who still have a small ounce of respect for these episodes because of an animated, curvy girl in a swimsuit. Sick and tired of this.

Also who's the one responsible? KyoAni or Kadokawa? I'm a bit confused on that.
Old 2009-07-30, 12:28   Link #111
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I compiled all the ratings/votes from Episode 1-7...

Will Episode 8 reach a new high for negative ratings?
Old 2009-07-30, 12:33   Link #112
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
I compiled all the ratings/votes from Episode 1-7...
*image snip*

Will Episode 8 reach a new high for negative ratings?
Wow, episode 5 took a beating. That's surprising to me, it was my favorite one of the endless eight shown thus far. It actually made Yuki look like she was about to snap. Then again, I guess that's about when people truly started to realize this wasn't going to end anytime soon. >_>
Old 2009-07-30, 12:39   Link #113
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
Especially when he asked that it not to be uploaded to the Internet....
Oh well, this is all moot point now.
He couldn't have been expecting it not to be put on the Internet, when it was about such a touching issue, and right at that time. He couldn't have been that naive, as to think fandom would just leave it like that.

Oh, no, I'm sure he knew exactly it would happen.
Old 2009-07-30, 12:42   Link #114
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
...Oh, and come to think of it, how is anyone possibly gonna profit from this? I mean, who would willingly purchase 6 DVDs in a row with what is practically the same episode repeated over and over?
Some of the people in these threads, for starters...

Edit: Why is the poll closed? I don't see the point of it. I wanna put another 1, boo!
Old 2009-07-30, 12:50   Link #115
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
He couldn't have been expecting it not to be put on the Internet, when it was about such a touching issue, and right at that time. He couldn't have been that naive, as to think fandom would just leave it like that.

Oh, no, I'm sure he knew exactly it would happen.
No, he basically wrote a blog entry saying he had hoped it would remain off the record.
Old 2009-07-30, 12:51   Link #116
mokuseimaru

I can only take solace in the fact that I didn't watch last weeks episode, nor will I watch this weeks. I honestly wish I could say that I'm not bothered, that my heart rate is at the same level it was at before I opened this thread, but that would be a lie.

I just don't know at this point. If next week's episode isn't the conclusion, this entire "reairing" has been, at best, an empty advertisement of sorts for a true second season, and at worst an honest to God troll. I admit that somewhere in me there is the diabolical anticipation of an ecstatic wave of Schadenfreude in the image of the faces of the defenders and the believers transfixed with despair as they realize that, should there ever be a true second season, it is several years away. That ecstasy would quickly give way to my own person feelings of anguish, but there would be at least some consolation at the begin in saying "I told you so".

I can also say that, in my heart, I think that if I heard that any of the animators at Kyoani or high ranking staff of Kadokawa were involved in some kind of non-fatal but extremely painful accident, there would be a part of me that would feel slightly elated in the sense that they had got what was coming to them for this horrible prank. Rationally, I know that this is a despicable thought to have over something so trivial as T.V. show, but I cannot deny it's truth. Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connait point.
Old 2009-07-30, 12:53   Link #117
Toonleap

Forget about the Nice Boat....

The usual screenshots and opinions...next week, hopefully, will be the last one!
Old 2009-07-30, 12:54   Link #118
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
No, he basically wrote a blog entry saying he had hoped it would remain off the record.
Mmm-hmmm. Sure, I'll believe that.

It still looks like a badly camouflaged self-publicity stunt to me.
Old 2009-07-30, 13:03   Link #119
marcosv

Endless Eight - The Interactive Game

This endless repeat is getting so dumb, I just had to delurk and post:

What if it's we, the fans, that are in the endless loop and that we have to do something to break out, not Kyon?

Like what if this is a puzzle where the fans have to combine all available knowledge of this show, from the original novels, to the TV episodes, YouTube episodes, etc., and come up with a solution to this hidden puzzle and post it at some website? KyoAni, monitoring all the fansites, see the solution was finally posted and only then break out of the loop?

Wouldn't we all think that such an unannounced interactive game between the series and the fans to be just brilliant?

Also, what would you think if the DVDs of Endless Eight episodes had a special DVD only episode which was yet another version of Endless Eight?

In the meantime, we're all going mad like Yuki watching this --- whither we like it or not.
Old 2009-07-30, 13:04   Link #120
topboy
poor man

Always 10/10 , just open the poll please
Hail Haruhi !
Hail KyoAni !
Closed Thread