AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-28, 10:28   Link #3021
Miraluka
Banned

Just face it guys, Saten is becoming bit by bit into Railgun's Himegami.
Old 2012-06-28, 10:36   Link #3022
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Meh, I don't count all over-9000 clones, just the one he personally saved.

With that the number count is still just three- Wait, I could have sworn I had this conversation before...

Never mind.
There was that one that Misaka met in Russia.... although that might have been just a little crush, not like 10032 who actually knows him.

Also I like to believe that Kanzaki likes Touma too. I realize that there is very little evidence, and all that is very weak, but dammit let me have this dream.

Quote:
Who?
Old 2012-06-28, 10:44   Link #3023
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Who?
That's the spirit.
Old 2012-06-28, 10:47   Link #3024
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
In what sense?
I doubt she will just disapear completly from Railgun manga.
(even if she really was pushed aside during this arc, she would certainly be back during the vol. 15 arc, where she even had cameo in LN illustration)

If it was about the damsel in distress part, then she was like that since the very begining (level upper arc got attacked and ended up in coma, Arts and Sciences City arc nearly drowned and killed, Railgun PSP got attacked and friends seriously injured, now this arc with the memory erase)
Old 2012-06-28, 12:08   Link #3025
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

I may be very wrong about this, and Saten is just another victim of Kamachis very complicated plot (thinking process), but I would wager that Saten is going to play a much bigger role then she currently does before Raildex is completely finished.

What that role will be remains to be seen I guess, but the level of subtlety Kamachi has surrounded her with seems more then a little convenient. Much like Aogami I guess. Maybe she might play a role in the whole Holistic Espers idea [/speculation].

Here's a wild prediction: Saten will feature in NT5 in some fashion,
Spoiler:

Last edited by GoddyofAus; 2012-06-28 at 12:32.
Old 2012-06-28, 12:27   Link #3026
leukrota

Whoa... easy on the spoilers, remember that this is the railgun manga thread, not light novel.
Old 2012-06-28, 12:31   Link #3027
Miraluka
Banned

Hope is the last thing one loses.
Old 2012-06-28, 12:32   Link #3028
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Whoa... easy on the spoilers, remember that this is the railgun manga thread, not light novel.
Oh shi- you're absolutely right. My fault.
Old 2012-06-28, 14:30   Link #3029
Destined_Fate

So... About the Sisters of Misaka. They have severely reduced life spans because they're clones(Were grown quickly, and weren't expected to live long anyway) and even treatment only recovers a bit of that lost time. Did they ever reveal in Railgun what their expire date is estimated to be even with treatment?
Old 2012-06-28, 16:00   Link #3030
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
So... About the Sisters of Misaka. They have severely reduced life spans because they're clones(Were grown quickly, and weren't expected to live long anyway) and even treatment only recovers a bit of that lost time. Did they ever reveal in Railgun what their expire date is estimated to be even with treatment?
Never stated, but you have to remember Dark Legacy, which is essentially a device that can heal any ailment. I presume it could keep any one of the Misakas alive for as long as they like.

Also, I don't know is Last Order suffers from the same degradation as the main clones.
Old 2012-06-28, 23:27   Link #3031
Destined_Fate

Well Last Order should have a longer lifespan than them since her age acceleration was cut off too soon and wasn't rushed out quickly just to die at the hands of Accelerator like the other clones. Though I doubt she will live as long as a normal human being because they said clones already had a much shorter lifespan, the accelerated aging just made it all that much shorter even with treatment.
Old 2012-06-28, 23:38   Link #3032
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddyofAus View Post
Never stated, but you have to remember Dark Legacy, which is essentially a device that can heal any ailment.
It doesn't heal. It sustains life.
Old 2012-06-29, 00:20   Link #3033
Destined_Fate

Though how can you sustain something that already has a shorter limit? Clones don't have the same time chart as the original which is even more lopsided when their age is accelerated years ahead in the span of a week or so. They need treatments just to stop themselves from breaking down and stabilizing themselves. At most they have at least to young adulthood with treatments.
Old 2012-06-29, 01:36   Link #3034
desrtsku
Nympholept

Basically, dark legacy can (theoretically) sustain an "average man" for thousand years straight and works even on critically damaged human bodies (like maintaining pieces of a damaged human brain in function ... *cough*fridge-kun*cough*), so I don't think sustaining clones regardless of how shorter they lifespan/damaged they health is more than trivial matter with this device
Old 2012-06-29, 03:22   Link #3035
Destined_Fate

Though getting a hand on it is one thing and why use it on the clones? They don't even seem to care that they will die far sooner than the original. There are still 9k+ of them, would be pretty hard to use it for all of them.
Old 2012-06-29, 05:50   Link #3036
desrtsku
Nympholept

meh, did I ever said "they're gonna use it on them" anyway? ... as tsunade666 said it's not really meant to heal anyone, I just stated that it's possible to sustain them alive if one think of using it.
Whatever, if the said "treatment" is the problem, you shouldn't worry too much about that, they had a sufficient one enough to remove most side effects of the accelerated growth and for them not to fear any premature death. While clone may have shorter life span to begin with, it doesn't seems like they'll die before their twenties (Although I don't think they'll have the long enough adulthood normal people have). If the lifespan of the clones as they are now are that short anyway, I don't think they'd have kept quiet about it ... or rather I don't think really concerned people like Miko-chin (or Accelerator) wouldn't have known about it.
Old 2012-06-29, 06:40   Link #3037
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Ehem... Railgun Manga thread here guys.
Old 2012-06-29, 06:50   Link #3038
zaeraal

Many new Images and summary of the chapter
http://kodoku21.blog83.fc2.com/blog-entry-2340.html

As for the discussion about clones
Spoiler for size:
Old 2012-06-29, 08:42   Link #3039
desrtsku
Nympholept

hmm ... what? did she just deal with that mosquito without relying on her powers? how convenient. And that damn Baba, he deserves a hardcore Kakine-like gyaku-ryona by Accelerator.
Spoiler for tch:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
As for the discussion about clones
Spoiler for size:
Erm ... what?
Old 2012-06-29, 08:48   Link #3040
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
hmm ... what? did she just deal with that mosquito without relying on her powers? how convenient. And that damn Baba, he deserves a hardcore Kakine-like gyaku-ryona by Accelerator.
Spoiler for tch:
She did, if you notice one panel that her "electromagnetic radar" goes off.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen