AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-25, 09:12   Link #821
ookamigirl

So CIA sees Jonah was Koko's weakness.
Didn't know R was an undercover spy.
Him admitting it to Koko was an even bigger surprise.
A shootout in the middle of town was as cool as ever ^^
Koko had a little crisis after all that with R, but she regrouped fast.
Well, guess that's expected from an arms dealer.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 14:27   Link #822
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Didn't know R was an undercover spy.
How did you watched all previous eps than? Only blind could not understand it cause it was confirmed straight in ep 12 and in all previous eps of S2
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 16:04   Link #823
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Things became more interesting.
Next episode , Koko's bro meeting again , gonna be great.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 20:22   Link #824
Ramp
Router

Great episode (3), great series.
Going to miss R, wouldn't be suprised if he was the actual shackles after all.
Ramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 21:27   Link #825
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for ep 15 Bookman dance:

Sad to see R go but at least he went in style.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 21:37   Link #826
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Now that is what over kill is to look like
Old 2012-10-25, 22:33   Link #827
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

3 men squad of Bookman, Hex and R? Lol that would be sight to see....

Finally, the oujo's slide begins
Old 2012-10-26, 00:53   Link #828
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Kudos to Koko..
Killing 3 person using air raid...
Trully a vengeance...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 01:01   Link #829
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Everyone's talking about R's death, which is understandable given that he gave up everything(being a CIA agent + part of Koko's team) to protect her, but despite how crazy she was, I felt a bit of sympathy for Hex as well. At first, I thought she was just a nutjob that liked killing, like Chinatsu, but towards the end of her life, when she was shoveled inside that cave wondering what went wrong, I got the impression that, despite her exterior personality, all she wanted to do was protect what was important to her. I guess I'm just a sucker for an attractive lady (>.>)....

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 01:12   Link #830
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Everyone's talking about R's death, which is understandable given that he gave up everything(being a CIA agent + part of Koko's team) to protect her, but despite how crazy she was, I felt a bit of sympathy for Hex as well. At first, I thought she was just a nutjob that liked killing, like Chinatsu, but towards the end of her life, when she was shoveled inside that cave wondering what went wrong, I got the impression that, despite her exterior personality, all she wanted to do was protect what was important to her. I guess I'm just a sucker for an attractive lady (>.>)....
I liked Hexx. I was disappointed at how quickly she was killed off. I thought maybe Koko would finally get a nemesis who could give her a run for her money (at this point, I'm presuming that role will end up being filled by either her brother or father or both).

Also, I really didn't give two hoots about R. Lehm is the only one of Koko's brood (outside of Koko herself and Jonah I guess), who'd bring a tear to my eye upon his death.

And, yes, Hexx was fighting for what she believed was right. But, she was a complete psychopath about it. Ok, not complete. She was level-headed enough to know it was time to retreat. But, there's the Jack Bauer way of ruthlessly doing what you need to get the mission done, and then there's the psychopath way. Hexx falls into the second camp. It's easier to sympathize with the one over the other. That said, I did admit to shedding a metaphorical tear over her death. Such an impersonal way of being killed was like one big birdie from Koko to Hexx.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 02:06   Link #831
jwai

What I want to know is how HCLI managed to acquire a B-52. The manga didn't quite explain it either.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 07:27   Link #832
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This season has been really great so far. Episode 3 in particular was amazing. My only gripe was that they started to develop R too late in the game, so his death didn't make that much of an impact on me. It sure did on Koko though. Underneath her cold exterior, she is actually a very fragile lady. Given her reaction to R's death, R was right to fear what would happen if she lost Jonah of all people.
Old 2012-10-26, 08:03   Link #833
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
What I want to know is how HCLI managed to acquire a B-52. The manga didn't quite explain it either.
The same place where HCLI got such a massive serveilance satellite network....It's amazing they don't have nukes too...

Speaking of Hex's personality...I wonder how she was really like with Bookman...
Old 2012-10-26, 14:45   Link #834
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
One possible theory is that the HCLI simply fed misinformation to the USAF in the region so as to get them to dispatch one of their birds for a bombing run.

Another explanation is that there're hundreds of deactivated B-52s lying around in the middle of the Arizona dessert. So I'd think it's relatively easy to smuggle one out and bring it back to operability...but not likely considering how you're gonna hide such a huge bomber without anyone noticing.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 17:52   Link #835
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
One possible theory is that the HCLI simply fed misinformation to the USAF in the region so as to get them to dispatch one of their birds for a bombing run.

Another explanation is that there're hundreds of deactivated B-52s lying around in the middle of the Arizona dessert. So I'd think it's relatively easy to smuggle one out and bring it back to operability...but not likely considering how you're gonna hide such a huge bomber without anyone noticing.
In the context of the reality portrayed in the series so far, I don't find either of those possibilities at all unlikely. I think it's very feasible that HCLI could have a few B-52s at their disposal - they have very long arms and deep pockets, and it's a very old plane.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 21:49   Link #836
dfens

From reading all of the manga up to the last volume 11, the B-52 which was never sold to any allied country was part of the US airforce.

HCLI has the largest intelligence network that rivals and in some cases exceeds the CIA, and that is why Bookman and the United States is after Koko and HCLI. They want her connections and intel network for themselves.

Basically Koko's company has access to virtually any piece of technology, weapon, or piece of intelligence so calling in a request/favor and to direct a air strike in a war zone the US is already in should be easy as pie.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 21:54   Link #837
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post

If we knew whether those were actual JDAMs being dropped or some other type of bomb (inertial guidance, maybe? the front cone was supposed to represent something specific), it'd probably give us a solid idea. If it was roughly current US-spec military weapons, then I imagine the "fed the US Air Force with false information" is probably the best bet.

If it's much older bomb tech, then HCLI has itself a B-52 stored someplace in an old East Bloc country.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 22:20   Link #838
dfens

They were using conventional unguided bombs you can tell they have no Jdam kits attached, besides it was clear weather and why would you carpet bomb with a smart bomb it defeats the purpose of being guided ie less needed because it's more precise.

As I said earlier HCLI can't exactly sale/buy US equipment like a B-52 since the tight government controls on such items, but with foreign or Russian equipment they will sale to anyone who has the money.

Best bet they have someone high up in the US military in their pocket to authorize or redirect a air strike within a active warzone.

Last edited by dfens; 2012-10-27 at 16:56.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 09:50   Link #839
klare

street fight with satelite, carpet bombing on 3 person, Bookman laughing and dancing... what an episode

goodbye R, Hex
Old 2012-10-27, 16:38   Link #840
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

1. I thought Bookman was too easily convinced by R.
2. Inertial bombs are much cheaper per unit than smart bombs? Or else the redirection of an official US strike.

In any case, loved the episode. The voices continue to be miraculous, too. Konishi Katsuyuki as R. Hisakawa Aya as Hex. Isobe Tsutomu as Bookman (Dutch in Black Lagoon, Boiled in Mardock Scramble). And of course Itou Shizuka, above all.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gunfights, seinen