AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 49 28.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 23.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 26.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 12.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.18%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.59%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-02, 03:00   Link #61
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
Well Nanoha have hinted that AMF can be overpowered via some High leveled spells, so i guess its not 100% magic null. heck Nanoha can get blast the surroundings with an AoE to destory everything in the AoE
There are three known ways of bypassing an AMF:

1) Overpower it
2) Using non-direct attacks
3) Use physical attacks

It should also be noted that so far all those drones only had AAA Rank AMF. What if they encounter an SS or even an SSS AMF?
Old 2007-04-02, 03:01   Link #62
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Remember though that the team Fate and the others wanted to create would be using primarily physical attacks and whom would fight within an Anti-Magic Field.
Yes, but those physical attacks still uses magic to set up,
'Stardust Fall' and 'Thunder Fall' still needs magic.

@Meophist
In that case, it'll explain why it's just easily to use barriers and shields.

@LoweGear
Machines have it easily, they don't need to worry about getting tired. So for them, when they detect offenive magic, flip a switch and they'll turn on the AMF. When they want to attack, switch it off.
Old 2007-04-02, 03:04   Link #63
JediNight
キズランダム

That's because magic in the Nanoha universe is more Magi-tech than true magic. There is supposedly "science" behind them casting the spells at a certain level.

After StrikerS we're just waiting for a Nanoha RPG or MMO to be made, aren't we? =P
Old 2007-04-02, 03:06   Link #64
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Comments about the episode... I liked the attention to detail with the fire and the explosion... For someone who hasn't read the in-between manga yet, I can say I like how the new characters were introduced and how the exam brought out their characters, even though Subaru seems slightly bipolar (ie: hyper, kickass, sad, kickass, sad, Nanoha-san~<3).
Old 2007-04-02, 03:07   Link #65
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco emp
Well Nanoha have hinted that AMF can be overpowered via some High leveled spells, so i guess its not 100% magic null. heck Nanoha can get blast the surroundings with an AoE to destory everything in the AoE
I'm thinking it's because there's a rate of magic it can nulify, if the attack has more juice than it can 'dissolve' fast enough, it'll just blast right through it.
Old 2007-04-02, 03:11   Link #66
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm thinking it's because there's a rate of magic it can nulify, if the attack has more juice than it can 'dissolve' fast enough, it'll just blast right through it.
I imagine that little in the Nanoha-universe works in absolutes. AMF fields can only be so strong, spells that are stronger will likely be able to survive in the AMF field, although it'll likely be weakened.
Old 2007-04-02, 03:31   Link #67
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
even though Subaru seems slightly bipolar (ie: hyper, kickass, sad, kickass, sad, Nanoha-san~<3).
Haha, I noticed that too. My take on it is that she's still trying to "become stronger" in the will sense of the word and magic power sense. Because in the flashback you see shes kinda weak and weepy. So she still is quick to turn kinda weepy .... something I really didn't see being part of her personality from her character design.
Old 2007-04-02, 04:15   Link #68
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Let hope the level of weepyness does not go into overdrive mode through StrikerS. a little I guess add depth to the chara, but too much is...

Still I wonder how many more is going to remark on Rein's tinyness before all the cast is introducted.
Old 2007-04-02, 04:17   Link #69
JediNight
キズランダム

If Hayate is going to use Reinforce for official TSAB duties, then she should really see about giving her a normal size lol ... like at least 4ft tall...
Old 2007-04-02, 04:23   Link #70
kari-no-sugata

Bit surprised there weren't more comments on Nanoha's property damage early in the ep.

As a quick summary: the firefighters know someone (Subaru) is trapped inside but can't get there. Inside, Subaru is crying for someone to save her. Nanoha finds her in time (seems she specically set out to find her - I guess this is after the main battle is over) and comforts her (in a rather maternal, or at least big-sister, way) and says she'll be taking Subaru directly out of there. Cue Raising Heart saying there's nobody in the firing path (no Japanese sub for that line) and disengaging firing lock - last time (only time?) we saw a firing lock being disengaged was Asura firing the Arc-en-ciel

It's interesting to see the effects Nanoha's spells have on everyday things - before we've pretty much only seen the effect on monsters or other mages. Looking at the relative scale of the hole in the airport roof as Nanoha carries Subaru through it, I'd say it was at least 25m wide. As a side-note, there was some clear "recoil" on Nanoha's Divine Buster.

If Nanoha's shot can go through several meters of concrete/similar so easily, I think military grade armour wouldn't last long either (unless it had anti-magic properties).

PS In comparing to Subaru's power, while her attacks look nice, if we consider the effects, then she is way behind Nanoha (not that that should be a surprise). As Subaru admits - she doesn't have much going for her, just her speed and close range attacks (she can't do medium or long range attacks)
Old 2007-04-02, 04:31   Link #71
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
If Hayate is going to use Reinforce for official TSAB duties, then she should really see about giving her a normal size lol ... like at least 4ft tall...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp
Still I wonder how many more is going to remark on Rein's tinyness before all the cast is introducted.
You kidding? I'm willing to bet that once the entire (current) cast is introduced, they'll take it to the bad guys turn to make fun of her !
Old 2007-04-02, 04:31   Link #72
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Not to mention that it appears the Subaru's Divine Buster dissipates rather quickly when it got outside the building. Had that been Nanoha, it would've easily went on for miles ^^;;

And it really didn't bother me that Nanoha had to use Divine Buster, although I admit it was severe overkill. She easily could've done the same with an Accel Shooter. Either that, or the Airport was just well built, thus requiring a bit of firepower to destroy.

And I like how Raising Heart says that line:

"Ample Clearance Confirmation"

To make sure that no other poor souls, birds, aircraft and spaceships are in the way XD

Btw, what's "Kyoudotai" or something like that, when Nanoha was contacting HQ?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-04-02, 04:42   Link #73
JediNight
キズランダム

Or Nanoha could have just put a barrier around them both and flown back out the way she came in? =P

But about Subaru -- I didn't pay enough attn while watching ... did she say she isn't very talented with magic? It always seemed to me that something like innate magic talent was only a starting point -- you may start out with a larger/more powerful pool to start, and pick up on stuff quicker. But that doesn't mean someone couldn't go "Rock Lee" on training and become just as powerful over time.
Old 2007-04-02, 05:16   Link #74
JayF

*Watches raw*

Bawwl I want my lolis back
Old 2007-04-02, 05:21   Link #75
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Or Nanoha could have just put a barrier around them both and flown back out the way she came in? =P
Remember that they said the three of them just happened to be there on vacation? Well who knows how long they've been on the flight.

Nanoha just wants to stretch some muscles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
But about Subaru -- I didn't pay enough attn while watching ... did she say she isn't very talented with magic? It always seemed to me that something like innate magic talent was only a starting point -- you may start out with a larger/more powerful pool to start, and pick up on stuff quicker. But that doesn't mean someone couldn't go "Rock Lee" on training and become just as powerful over time.
The old fashion Genius vs Stubborn eh? Personally I don't care how admirable they are, 'genius' always will be cooler

On-topic, it does depend on the training as well as the character's own personality...
Old 2007-04-02, 05:28   Link #76
JediNight
キズランダム

I just dislike the thought of someone getting handed uberskill on a platter, and someone else working 5x as hard and still never approaching their skill level. Sure, we know Nanoha still worked hard with training, but this Magi-tech doesn't seem like something that would be capped. The way they explain it, it sounds like a muscle which you can strengthen like any other.
Old 2007-04-02, 05:38   Link #77
Aaron008R

Just watched the first episode RAW.........
One word, AWESOME!
GAH! Can't take it anymore!!! This is the best first episode I've seen in any anime I've seen so far! The action scenes were superb, the voice acting fitted perfectly, the BGM really got the mood captured and the character interaction showed were fitting for the scenes. (Mood Swings, FTW!)
And also, our loli Alt and Weiss combo were performance were superb! (Well, a little bit much for Subaru's case.)
By the way, for those who were already able to watch the RAW, doesn't Raising Heart sound frighteningly eager to move out? I actually heard excitement when RH said "Am I set up?"
Old 2007-04-02, 05:50   Link #78
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
That's because magic in the Nanoha universe is more Magi-tech than true magic. There is supposedly "science" behind them casting the spells at a certain level.
In other words, this is all Technomagick? If so, it would definitely perk my interesest.
Old 2007-04-02, 06:17   Link #79
Kensuke

Quote:
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from Magic." Arthur C. Clarke

Fullmetal Alchemist and Nanoha-series both use science or technology to make "magic", of course it has nothing to do with real science but it is not just abrakadabra magical powers.

First episode was certainly the most action centered first episode I have seen since Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid, it was a fun ride and nice way to introduce new characters.
Chibi-Reinforce ftw!
Old 2007-04-02, 06:20   Link #80
Kiety
Feito-ism
*Fansubber

after watching and rewatching ep 1 of StrikerS for various reasons, i didn't think i would shed a tear in the first ep, but I really did. I'm not sure what it's from, or a combination of many factors:

overcomed by joy of seeing StrikerS
Subaru's touching speach
Seeing Fate again