AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 75 43.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 28.65%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 17.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 7.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.58%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.58%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.58%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.58%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-02-23, 07:47   Link #81
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Just saw the preview of episode 21 from the official site and...

Spoiler for WOW:
Yeah...

I feel sorry for the CB Meisters, throne and original meisters in this current situation they seem to be nothing more than cannon fodder.

Man Wang Liu Mei looks really evil now she had some rather evil smile on her face. Soma seriously is hax using the GN-X... Ace pilots + GN suits = hax. Mihaeel had all his fangs destroyed by soma... soma managed to chuck a strike freedom (in a more believable manner however).
Tkpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 07:49   Link #82
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Soma is using a GNX herself, and the squad managed to own the thrones. And it seems that the thing from the moon is Aeolia/Veda.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 07:58   Link #83
EXEs
Hallelujah...

I heard Alejandro say something like 'Celestial Being no *something japanese* system'. Maybe it's where all information within Celestial Being is stored at.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 08:01   Link #84
tarachi
Observer

Wait do the armors of those new MS are on par with the Gundam armors?
tarachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 08:01   Link #85
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
He has had that evil vibe since his first appearance.

Spoiler for Episode 20:
well, Anyone here that didn't see what happened to Kinue coming is really clueless! It was not a matter of "if" but of "when". It is amazing that it didn't move me at all. People that are not police, Military, fireman or etc and get involved in dangerous activities don't get any sympathy from me,

About Katie and patrick, I was hoping she turned him down, but I guess she fell for his move. My opinion of her went down!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 08:19   Link #86
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 08:21   Link #87
Sol Falling

Kinue...I guess it was pretty obvious, but it still pisses me off. I mean, it's not like I'm particularly attached to her as a character or anything, but it's so damn obvious that the only reason she ever existed in the first place was to give Saji character development. And Saji's really not much of a character. Really. What a waste of a life. What a waste of narrative opportunity.

You know what, at this point, having not seen the episode, I'm gonna give 'em the benefit of the doubt and assume she survives. I'm gonna be a little bit optimistic. It's probably unfounded, though. Bah.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 08:24   Link #88
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Someone aways say this, but I still think the odds of it happening is less than 20%. There just wasn't enough foreshadowing that justify him getting into a mobilesuit, not even if the second half season comes with a timeskip.

Saji is an average Japanese; someone who couldn't get involved with a war even if he wanted to.
Actually with each passing episode,i am more and more convinced that Saji will fight CB.Everything that has happened to people around him is caused by CB.He might even turn into a dark character,a completely different person from before with a dark personality and immense hatred for CB
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 08:25   Link #89
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-02-23, 08:26   Link #90
kyoulover
He who despise the world

Send a message via Yahoo to kyoulover
Just finished watched it by now

and...wow...now CB is in the verge of being destroyed....to fought the unit that almost have the same power...

and now...the difference power of the pilot will be shown...

till now the CB actually survived just because their difference in the strength of the unit
kyoulover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 08:41   Link #91
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
Spoiler:
It was established pretty early on that the only thing the gundams have going for them was their tech advantage, especially for the thrones. The originals at least had some special skills of their own (Lock on's sniping etc) while the Thrones are totally useless without their MS (and even then are matched by people with lesser MS but greater skills.)
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 09:01   Link #92
Wesley84

Spoiler for Raw Spoilers:
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 09:17   Link #93
kari-no-sugata

I'm quite surprised so many people see Alejandro as some kind of "boss" character. He's so clearly a puppet/pawn, too drunk on power to notice he's putty in Ribbon's hands. (Well, it seems obvious to me...)

btw, one idea I had today is that maybe Veda has become self-aware enough to try to going against its original programming - ie it predicted its own future and decided it didn't like it, so within the constraints of how it can affect the "master plan" its creator laid out for it, its trying to create a different outcome.

Meanwhile, Ali finally comes out as a war addict (and he wants a Gundam for himself but it looks like he won't be getting one easily). With that coming out, now seems likely to me that he'll die by ep 26 - probably tries some plan to get Exia from Setsuna. One scenario I thought of is this - Ali forces Setsuna into a human duel, which would stack the odds in Ali's favour. Ali beats Setsuna and tries to take Exia, but he is killed when Exia's security system doen't recognise him. Seems like a fitting way for him to die...

Back with the original crew, Tieria has mellowed out (lol) and it's come time for the GN Arms to be used.

And Graham is still stacking up GAR points by refusing to pilot the new units - he swore to beat Gundam with a Flag and isn't going to back down on that. Looks pretty likely that he'll achieve this...

PS Seems Louise can't get a cybernetic hand - the nurse thinks it may be due to the special particles the Gundam's use.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 09:27   Link #94
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
You've got your names mixed up.
Old 2008-02-23, 09:28   Link #95
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Kinue Crossroad let me introduce you to Maes Hughes. Mae hughes pleas meet Kinue Crossroad.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 09:31   Link #96
kari-no-sugata

An interesting little bit this ep is when Ali is referring to Setsuna (though not by name) - he says he kidnapped him and brainwashed him, turning him into a child solider. I imagine the scene where Setsuna kills his parents (?) is after the brainwashing is done...
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 09:40   Link #97

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
I'm quite surprised so many people see Alejandro as some kind of "boss" character. He's so clearly a puppet/pawn, too drunk on power to notice he's putty in Ribbon's hands. (Well, it seems obvious to me...)

btw, one idea I had today is that maybe Veda has become self-aware enough to try to going against its original programming - ie it predicted its own future and decided it didn't like it, so within the constraints of how it can affect the "master plan" its creator laid out for it, its trying to create a different outcome.

Meanwhile, Ali finally comes out as a war addict (and he wants a Gundam for himself but it looks like he won't be getting one easily). With that coming out, now seems likely to me that he'll die by ep 26 - probably tries some plan to get Exia from Setsuna. One scenario I thought of is this - Ali forces Setsuna into a human duel, which would stack the odds in Ali's favour. Ali beats Setsuna and tries to take Exia, but he is killed when Exia's security system doen't recognise him. Seems like a fitting way for him to die...

Back with the original crew, Tieria has mellowed out (lol) and it's come time for the GN Arms to be used.

And Graham is still stacking up GAR points by refusing to pilot the new units - he swore to beat Gundam with a Flag and isn't going to back down on that. Looks pretty likely that he'll achieve this...

PS Seems Louise can't get a cybernetic hand - the nurse thinks it may be due to the special particles the Gundam's use.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Excellent episode ! Things is getting much more interesting from now on !

I have predicted before that Wang Liu Mei will defect to other side, whichever she think is the closest to what her want, so it doesn't suprise me at all when she "betrayed" the 4 meisters team

It means that the 4 meisters team practically lost support in Earth and it will be much more difficult for them to take action in the future... So far, their actions in Earth are greatly supported by Wang Liu Mei's network of agents...

If I heard it right, it's not about cybernetic hands. It's about hands grown from human cells. It also seems that the particles emitted by the gundams' cause abnormal effect (radiation ?) to human body.

I believe that it still possible to attach non-organic artificial hand to her...

Now everyone is 100% sure that the raw piloting skills of the thrones are clearly inferior.
Until now, they are only saved by their gundams' capability...

From episode 21 preview. it also appears that even the meisters' raw piloting skills are definitely not exceptional. In fact they have a very hard time fighting the new mobile suites...

MS raw piloting skill comparison :
Non-gundam meisters aces > Gundam meisters > Thrones team> Soldiers

A bit suprising that Veda is actually located in the moon and not somewhere in Earth...

I don't know whether to call Graham a brave guy or a fool, hopefully he'll be able to defeat the gundams without the new MSes

Sumeragi mentioned something about GN-arms (?). Probably these are some sort of additional armaments for the gundams...

Hmm, is Kinue really dead or not ? Hopefully she still lives somehow...

As usual, Ali is simply a PSYCHO, a war-starved wolf !!!

I cannot wait for the next episode !

Last edited by 06294086; 2008-02-23 at 09:52.
06294086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 09:42   Link #98
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
Kinue Crossroad let me introduce you to Maes Hughes. Mae hughes pleas meet Kinue Crossroad.
Hughes was a well liked character, who actually learned something and went down fighting. Kinue proved she was all talk and attitude, without an actual spine or even a brain.

Quote:
An interesting little bit this ep is when Ali is referring to Setsuna (though not by name) - he says he kidnapped him and brainwashed him, turning him into a child solider. I imagine the scene where Setsuna kills his parents (?) is after the brainwashing is done...
I was wondering if it was a kidnapping, although it's weird he managed to nab an entire neighborhood's population of children, who all just so happened to be in the same age bracket.
Old 2008-02-23, 09:48   Link #99
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Hughes was a well liked character, who actually learned something and went down fighting. Kinue proved she was all talk and attitude, without an actual spine or even a brain.
Ok, you really need to stop making shit up. Your just making yourself come across as a asshole.
Old 2008-02-23, 09:50   Link #100
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Ok, you really need to stop making shit up. Your just making yourself come across as a asshole.
I'm just telling it like it is. It's not my fault they didn't really use her character, showed her to be particularly thoughtful or prepared, and then had her put down without a fight.