AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-03, 16:55   Link #2081
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Few question on the powers.

-Is Misakas lightning real lightning?
uhm...yes? i'm not sure whether it can be called lightning, but it's the same thing basically...

Quote:
-how fast is Muginos lasers?
well, it's particle beam, so....veeeeery fast (serious answer: most likely relativistic, or very close to it)
Old 2011-08-03, 18:24   Link #2082
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
I have no shame. It was in the time when some Railgun and some Misaka fans kept saying Railgun was better based on bad info. It couldn't be helped.

inb4 people think I generalize
For some people, they'd rather not know, which is a problem when one is reading a work they don't bother figuring out what and why, and expects everything to be done in the adaptation they're following when it's obviously not the case.

But I think we really do need to spill the beans regarding who, what, when, where, why and how (5W+1H) regarding everything that happens in the Index universe. Probably not here, but elsewhere.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2011-08-03, 20:00   Link #2083
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Re-reading the whole Railgun manga.

Few question on the powers.

-Is Misakas lightning real lightning?
-how fast is Muginos lasers?
Basically you want to know if both of them travels at lightspeed.

Hamazura manages to avoid being hit by Mugino's Love Beam, but I don't think he matrix'd his way out of one. Similarly Accelerator gave a sort-of answer for Touma being able to match Lightning strikes by anticipating it before hand... Get it? Before hand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
For some people, they'd rather not know, which is a problem when one is reading a work they don't bother figuring out what and why, and expects everything to be done in the adaptation they're following when it's obviously not the case.

But I think we really do need to spill the beans regarding who, what, when, where, why and how (5W+1H) regarding everything that happens in the Index universe. Probably not here, but elsewhere.
I can see it from both sides- On one hand not everybody is willing to dive into 10+ volumes of history, even if they do like the show- Case in point for me is DenYuuDen, no way in hell I'm going to start that.

That said, in this modern age of internets and forums, if something really bothers you so much- you could just as easily find out the answer yourself.
Old 2011-08-03, 21:47   Link #2084
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I can see it from both sides- On one hand not everybody is willing to dive into 10+ volumes of history, even if they do like the show- Case in point for me is DenYuuDen, no way in hell I'm going to start that.

That said, in this modern age of internets and forums, if something really bothers you so much- you could just as easily find out the answer yourself.
You mean the series 'Legend of Legendary Heroes'? I actually did went and trawled through the 20~ish volumes when I was bored, although it did take me a week to do so

I'd say it's probably worth the effort if you like the heavy/grim type of fantasy novels.
Old 2011-08-03, 21:52   Link #2085
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I'd say it's probably worth the effort if you like the heavy/grim type of fantasy novels.
I... Don't

From what I can see in the Anime, it's pretty depressing stuff.
Old 2011-08-07, 13:47   Link #2086
Avegaille

Pfft, I thought I would have to wait for years just to get an English copy of Railgun without ordering online... turns out, it was just a few months...

I finally have Volume 1 despite how expensive it is here (700 pesos = almost 16 US dollars)... XD (for anyone living in the Phil and curious, just ask Fullybooked about this).

I wonder if anyone translated the .5 chapter or just waiting for better raws... I am still curious to the plot of the PSP game even though I'll never get to play it... D:
Old 2011-08-07, 14:22   Link #2087
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avegaille View Post
Pfft, I thought I would have to wait for years just to get an English copy of Railgun without ordering online... turns out, it was just a few months...

I finally have Volume 1 despite how expensive it is here (700 pesos = almost 16 US dollars)... XD (for anyone living in the Phil and curious, just ask Fullybooked about this).

I wonder if anyone translated the .5 chapter or just waiting for better raws... I am still curious to the plot of the PSP game even though I'll never get to play it... D:
That chapter was translated some time ago. Though I don't see it on any bigger manga site. (I can PM the link if you want)

About the railgun PSP - the biggest problem for me is that it's in japanese. There exist several psp emulators (just google "psp emulator").
I can even borrow a real psp from my friend, but either way I won't be able to understand whats going on in the game.
Old 2011-08-07, 15:34   Link #2088
Avegaille

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
That chapter was translated some time ago. Though I don't see it on any bigger manga site. (I can PM the link if you want)

About the railgun PSP - the biggest problem for me is that it's in japanese. There exist several psp emulators (just google "psp emulator").
I can even borrow a real psp from my friend, but either way I won't be able to understand whats going on in the game.
Thanks for that... and as for PSP emulators, I've been always searching for those and none of them work... D:

Either way, I guess we'll just have to wait for someone who's willing to translate and post the script and images online... XD
Old 2011-08-25, 05:32   Link #2089
zaeraal

New railgun manga spoilers:
Spoiler for spoilers:

I am not sure if the last chapter was 42.5 or 43, so I don't know if this one should be 43 or 44.

Last edited by zaeraal; 2011-08-25 at 05:47. Reason: added translations
Old 2011-08-25, 06:20   Link #2090
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...I cannot be the only one under the impression that they're bringing together all the Level 5s (Including the mysterious Number 6) for something very, very big... And somehow it involves the Daihansensai...
Old 2011-08-25, 06:59   Link #2091
Drifting Wolf

The 7 Level 5's are the image of Academy City after all. Standing at the top of their populace, they represent the shining diamonds of this city.

The question remains, however, on why they would want to gather the Level 5's now. Is it part of a scheme by 'Kihara' again? Or by Aleister?

I've been thinking lately and it still continues to bug me. We know Aleister can produce more Level 5's should the need arise. The question is, why hasn't he? Isn't the point of Academy City to keep bringing more and more students so he can find more suitable people for the plan? Wouldn't it be logical to say... add a Level 5 to the roster once a year or something to show the 'hardwork' of the city and promote good publicity?

Or does the number 7 have a certain significance? <.<
Old 2011-08-25, 07:28   Link #2092
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting Wolf View Post
The 7 Level 5's are the image of Academy City after all. Standing at the top of their populace, they represent the shining diamonds of this city.

The question remains, however, on why they would want to gather the Level 5's now. Is it part of a scheme by 'Kihara' again? Or by Aleister?
Daihaisensai.

That festival is coming up next.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting Wolf View Post
I've been thinking lately and it still continues to bug me. We know Aleister can produce more Level 5's should the need arise. The question is, why hasn't he? Isn't the point of Academy City to keep bringing more and more students so he can find more suitable people for the plan? Wouldn't it be logical to say... add a Level 5 to the roster once a year or something to show the 'hardwork' of the city and promote good publicity?

Or does the number 7 have a certain significance? <.<
If the number 7 is important, they wouldn't be concern about getting Rikou to Level 5 to make the number 8.

I expected this as much- Once again people take what the Professor said too literally. Sure Level 5s can be created, like how Accelerator, Mikoto, Mugino and the others were 'created'- they aren't some chosen ones, they were created.

But somehow people get the impression that he could snap his fingers and turn anyone into a Level 5.

Sure he could create another one...Eventually After spending years and money searching, training, perfecting...
Old 2011-08-25, 10:07   Link #2093
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Holy shit, I am hyped for this chapter.

And of course, we get a gracious ass shot of Frenda and we see that KakinexGirlinaDress is canon.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-08-25, 12:06   Link #2094
Miraluka
Banned

Yeah it seems interesting, btw, the guy talking with Misaki... isn't that Director Platinaburg? Oh well from the look of it they're trying to gather the seven Level 5 maybe for some demonstrations but some of them doesn't seem to be very cooperative with the plan or they're just busy with their own business.

@Chaos2Frozen: Wrong thread to talk about that .
Old 2011-08-25, 12:25   Link #2095
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Platinaburg? In the anime, he looked different though...

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-08-25, 12:37   Link #2096
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Yeah it seems interesting, btw, the guy talking with Misaki... isn't that Director Platinaburg?
Naah, he looks like he "important" unnamed scientist that gave Amai Ao advice about calming down with the stocks about the project, the one that "narrated" Mikoto attacks through their installations.
Old 2011-08-25, 13:01   Link #2097
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Platinaburg? In the anime, he looked different though...
With that face after getting shot, well, what do you expect him to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Naah, he looks like he "important" unnamed scientist that gave Amai Ao advice about calming down with the stocks about the project, the one that "narrated" Mikoto attacks through their installations.
Many characters in this manga looks similar .
Old 2011-08-25, 14:51   Link #2098
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
And of course, we get a gracious ass shot of Frenda and we see that KakinexGirlinaDress is canon.
They are siblings
Old 2011-08-25, 15:29   Link #2099
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
They are siblings
No! Girl in a Dress is Misaki's little sister!

Old 2011-08-25, 15:31   Link #2100
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
No! Girl in a Dress is Misaki's little sister!
She is Toumas ex.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen