Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-23, 16:14   Link #301
boss
I am boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
No silly, he challenged him to see if Arawn was worthy to be his sister's husband and protector and leader of the tribe. I hope by end of this anime Arthur gets a girl too. It would be wrong for only one guy to get all of the girls.
feel bad for the guy too, hopefully he doesn't get cock-blocked into oblivion
boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 16:47   Link #302
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i presume that Arawn's wives stay virgins, rite , probably not (but they would never really show explicit scenes on tv , or do they )
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-23, 21:47   Link #303
Alchemist007
*Author

I love his freaked out faces
Spoiler for image:
Old 2009-04-24, 07:21   Link #304
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Late late...Ah like others commented the fight animation and flow was great and really the high point for me. Everyone kinda got their little moment with Morgan sniping people while Arawn smoothly walking down the stairs taking the cake.

Not usually fond of chara designs that are half dressed but Morgan this episode was just so.... *drool*

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 08:59   Link #305
LKK

I have an odd question. Is the title "Tears to Tiara" actually English? Or is it romanized Japanese that happens to result in English words? If so, what are the English meanings? In particular, I want to know if the "to" is really the English proposition or if it's the romanji for the Japanese word for "and".

Color me ...

PS: Am I the only one who thinks that the title doesn't make any sense?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2009-04-24 at 11:32. Reason: fixed typo
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 10:33   Link #306
xizro345
King's Justice

I doubt it has any sense. The PS3 version adds a subtitle in Japanese that refers to something never addressed in the game...
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 10:41   Link #307
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
No silly, he challenged him to see if Arawn was worthy to be his sister's husband and protector and leader of the tribe.
It was a joke...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 16:11   Link #308
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I have an odd question. Is the title "Tears to Tiara" actually English? Or is it romanized Japanese that happens to result in English words? If so, what are the English meanings? In particular, I want to know if the "to" is really the English proposition or if it's the romanji for the Japanese word for "and".

Color me ...

PS: Am I the only one who thinks that the title doesn't make any sense?
You're not the only one who doesn't really get the title. It gets worse when it's translated into other languages, for example one of the Chinese names for the title literately translates it to "Tear of the Tiara". But then again Engrish is pretty common in anime so it's not really surprising.
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-24, 16:25   Link #309
Alchemist007
*Author

It's in Katakana so its not hard to translate at all. Here's the romanization: Tiaazu tu tiara
Old 2009-04-24, 19:09   Link #310
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
You're not the only one who doesn't really get the title. It gets worse when it's translated into other languages, for example one of the Chinese names for the title literately translates it to "Tear of the Tiara". But then again Engrish is pretty common in anime so it's not really surprising.
The phrase "Tear of the Tiara" -- solely considered as an English phrase -- makes more sense to me than "Tears to Tiara" does. But neither seem to have much to do with the series so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
It's in Katakana so its not hard to translate at all. Here's the romanization: Tiaazu tu tiara
Thank you.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 14:24   Link #311
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I finally got around to watching episode 3 and this episode just nailed it for me. We finally get down to some real fighting and it was a lot more gruesome than i thought it would be which if fine by me, there is something seeing a guy take an arrow to the jugular that makes me smile . The fight scenes were well done and not just random slashes or reused animation over and over though that might change when we get to the larger battles. I actually felt bad for the cannon fodder guys for about a second as it was obvious from the start they were out classed they were just complete pwned by everyone in the group

Arthur pushed forward relentlessly most of his kills were one strike and Arwan well come on thats easy. I even chuckled as Rhiannon slams random spear guy into a while complete with innocent smile OUCH.

Morgan well she made quite an appearance but her arrows flew true and straight and she just capped guys while Arwan walked through leisurely that scene was just bad ass. I also admire how Arwan keeps his cool which is important for a leader. He also though accidentally gains another wife LMAO i dont think he cares one or another. I dont think it will go too heavily in the romance department because of it seems to humor nothing serious which is the way i hope it stays.
Old 2009-04-25, 14:52   Link #312
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
That said, this series is turning out to be surprisingly bloody, and I thought the industry generally has an averse reaction to blood shown on screen. Hmmmm.
That surprised me also - a lot of blood, and it's all red, not violet or blue or black. And all that impalement and beheading and god knows what else. I really prefer anime this way, instead of the sterilized stuff they usually serve people.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 18:39   Link #313
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

question was this a game for ps2 or ps3?? pr even wii??

if soo awesome but should i buy it??

if not well anime is an anime
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 18:41   Link #314
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

It's a PS3 and a PC game. The PC game is 18+.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 19:19   Link #315
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

ohh for 18+ huh.....hehehehhe *evil laugh* hmm now i wonder what should i do *more ebil laugh*

anyway i kinda find the way they talk is more like in 3rd person is it normal like that in olden times???
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 02:21   Link #316
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
question was this a game for ps2 or ps3?? pr even wii??

if soo awesome but should i buy it??
The PC game was unofficially translated, the PS3 version not. I personally prefer the PS3 version, but if you're not proficient with Japanese it would be a big issue in understanding what's going on. The anime is based on the PS3 version btw.
Old 2009-04-26, 08:12   Link #317
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Please note however that in the PC-version you can actually turn off all the H-content in the very beginning, or when you changed your mind about them (I haven't tried it so I don't know how much it actually skips).
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 15:54   Link #318
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 16:22   Link #319
Mangaka-chan

Watching the raw I noticed the animation was a little bit off at places, but it's still not bad.

Spoiler for episode 4:
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-26, 17:11   Link #320
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
Spoiler for episode 4:
Spoiler for anime spoilers:

Tags
aquaplus, eroge, fantasy, leaf, rpg, seinen, white fox