AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-11-12, 08:38   Link #41
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun View Post
Is it really worth buying it? I didnt find any good games worth playing...
Just take your time,
the lifecycle of the PS3 is 10 years, unlike the 360, Wii and previous generations (~5 years).
So no need too hurry, wait untill you see some games that suits you.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 09:10   Link #42
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Highly doubt 10 years, thats stretching it too much, if the other companies didn't just come out with something that easily one ups PS3 in graphics in that time I would be surprised.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 09:31   Link #43
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Highly doubt 10 years, thats stretching it too much, if the other companies didn't just come out with something that easily one ups PS3 in graphics in that time I would be surprised.
Well that is what sony executives are says, it is not my opinion.
In case if sony ditches the ps3 earlier,
you can go and throw some used diapers at them ^^

btw, the launched titles seems to be either ports (360) or rushed releases,
see gundam and RR7
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 09:43   Link #44
LynnieS

"RR7", I thought, was pretty good - although I had only played a demo of it; the store didn't let people hog the console, and the supply of PS3's sold out pretty quickly. I would have liked to see the game on a "regular" set instead of a 1080-spec'ed one since I suspect a lot of people would have that instead to start out with.

I will admit, however, the demo of "Devil May Cry 4" looked like an upscaled version of a PS2 game - even on a 1080 TV.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 12:17   Link #45
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
I say give it 4-6 months for something good to come out... I didnt even like the launch titles, guess that is where the Wii will come.

Don't want to waste my money on something that I know I wont play.
________
DEPOSIT INSURANCE ADVICE

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:44.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 12:20   Link #46
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Almost every time, launch games are really bad in terms of utilizing a system's power. Compare the first playstation 2 games to now, and there's a really big difference in memory and graphics.
The launch games of the Dreamcast had great graphics. They were even better than the graphics of the PS2's launch games.
Quote:
playstation had FF7? or it was shortly after release.
FFVII was definitely not a launch title. I know because the Japanese preferred the Sega Saturn since it had RPGs and Sony's original stance was that the PSX wasn't going to have them. Then later FFVII came out and the Japanese instantly forgot the Sega Saturn existed.
Quote:
gamecube had SSB?
No, there were three launch games, one of which was Wave Race. I don't remember the others.
Old 2006-11-12, 15:44   Link #47
Lebron
I hear voices

Gamecube launch titles were Wave Race, Lugis Manision, and Rogue Squadron, if I member correctly.

Wave Race was eh, Rogue Squadron was good, and Lugi's Manision is highly underrated. It kind of felt like the game was just rushed to pump out for launch. Despite all that it still was pretty good, and I hope they have a sequel planned for the Wii. I mean Lugi's Mansion just screams Wii title, with the Wii remote and all
Lebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 16:29   Link #48
Theclow
"Removed by mod"

Personly I want a PS3 for warhawk and Full auto 2 as well as some other games but I'm not spending 600-700 us right now I'd rather wait till the price goes down.
EDIT: by the way SSBM was NOT a launch title though it did come out about 1 month after the gamecube was out.
Theclow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 17:49   Link #49
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Just take your time,
the lifecycle of the PS3 is 10 years, unlike the 360, Wii and previous generations (~5 years).
So no need too hurry, wait untill you see some games that suits you.
Well that is what sony executives are says, it is not my opinion.
In case if sony ditches the ps3 earlier,
you can go and throw some used diapers at them ^^
I would take that with a grain of salt too. Even if this will become true, it won't be performing very stellar compared to competition in 10 years without heavy revisions. By 10 years, the graphics in the PC market will have at least 2-3 revolutions on similar levels to R9700 and 6800/X800 generations.
PS3 will be laughable by then, more so than the original Xbox is by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
That 2x-10x junk was just PR talk. 360 and PS3, are pretty much the same in graphic power. There are somethings the 360 does better than the PS3, and Vice Versa. I think that argument needs to die down, now.
I just hope for its own sake it's at least near twice the the 360 in processing potential. Because I think I read somewhere PS3 can use up to twice the amount of electricity the 360 does. (not sure if it's true)
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 13:47   Link #50
shadowlord_756

Spec-wise, yes PS3 is better than xbox360 but not by 2x-10x. You have to keep in mind with launch titles though, it makes sense for the PS3 to have less good games at launch than 360. 360's games come out in english then in foreign languages after. With the PS3 Im pretty sure that MOST of the good games comes out in English 1/2 year to 1 year after release in japan.
shadowlord_756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-13, 14:00   Link #51
Lebron
I hear voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimfe View Post
I just hope for its own sake it's at least near twice the the 360 in processing potential. Because I think I read somewhere PS3 can use up to twice the amount of electricity the 360 does. (not sure if it's true)
Yea that electricity thing is true. In raw power the PS3 is indeed more powerful than the 360. Still they both are about equel in graphic power. Like I said one will do things better than the other. I know that sounds confusing, but yea thats just how it is. In the end its up the developers on utilizing each system to the max. This whole PS3 is 5x more than XBOX and 50x more than Wii, just needs to die down. In the end its just pointless fanboy talk, well the Wii remark could be true

People need to stop focusing on the systems and start to focus more on the games. Since, in the end, isn't that what being a gamer is all about?
Old 2006-11-14, 00:55   Link #52
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Hardware-wise there's not much question that the PS3 is the stronger machine.

But one should never expect much out of launch titles.

Just wait for Killzone 2.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 01:41   Link #53
nubby

I don't know man....ps3 and 360 were in developement at the same time. I don't know if that argument would fly with people who know their stuff. ps3 only got delayed because of blu-ray issues so first gen ps3 releases have had the same amount of time as 2nd gen 360s.
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 02:00   Link #54
Papaya
Sup

On the contrary, software developers were not given a full final PS3 software developer's kit until Summer (or was it Spring?) 2006, I believe.
Old 2006-11-14, 02:03   Link #55
Lebron
I hear voices

lol, remember when overall power of an system was illrelevant? When it was all about the games themselves? Amazing how people tend to stray from that now. Now its become,

oooooh 360 so more powerful than PS3. O NOEZ you newb PS3 is 5x more powerful than 360, no xbox 1.5, Gears of war is max 360 canz do, it would looks 10times better on PS3, KEKEKEKEKEKE^_^

Sigh owell guess it can't be helped.
Old 2006-11-14, 02:04   Link #56
Papaya
Sup

Indeed.

Super Mario World for SNES is still the only game I'm personally able to pick up and enjoy at any moment.

If you're a gaming enthusiast, be sure to check out the tool-assisted videos for the game at tasvideos.org.
Old 2006-11-14, 02:16   Link #57
nubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron View Post
lol, remember when overall power of an system was illrelevant? When it was all about the games themselves? Amazing how people tend to stray from that now. Now its become,

oooooh 360 so more powerful than PS3. O NOEZ you newb PS3 is 5x more powerful than 360, no xbox 1.5, Gears of war is max 360 canz do, it would looks 10times better on PS3, KEKEKEKEKEKE^_^

Sigh owell guess it can't be helped.
That's the old way of thinking... now it's graphics plus game play. But the most fun I ever had playing a game was probably FF7, Mario Party series and then Powerstone...maybe..
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 02:30   Link #58
Lebron
I hear voices

Yeah sorry I should of been more clear. I was just refering to the typical clueless console fanboy. You know the type that will refuse to play a possible "good game" that they would most likely enjoy, just due to the fact of the system its on.

oddly enough the most fun I've ever had playing a game, from last gen, would probably be Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon. I don't know why, but I really enjoyed playing them. Its funny too, cuz they were my younger sisters games, and I would always bash them any chance I got just to piss her off. Then I finally played them, and I was placed on hush mouth. Ended up actually playing more than she did :O

It was like, ok this is boring, ima turn this game off now. O wait let me do this one thing real quick, then i'm done. Then that lead to hmm let me go check this out real quick, then I'm done. Well let me finish this thing up, then I'm done. I wonder what will happen if I do this.

Anyway this is a PS3 thread, and I'm getting off track, so I'm done
Old 2006-11-14, 03:38   Link #59
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
- ZDNet reported that over 200 PlayStation 2 do not work properly on PlayStation 3, some of these games will not start or freezes, or have graphical or sound glitches. Sony expects the problem to be resolved with future firmware updates.
.........yeah...confrickinlations Sony....
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 04:33   Link #60
Lebron
I hear voices

Same problem the 360 was having aswell, with some of the BC Xbox games. The older games seem to be the main cause of issues, while the newer titles didn't have any issues.I wonder if its alot of the older PS2 games that came out early in the PS2 lifespan that are having the problems, aswell. Also its not surprising, PS3 is an HD game machine with alot of new tech in that semi-little black box, so of course some of the older SD PS2 games are going to have some issues running on it. PSone and PS2 are lot more similar than PS2 and PS3 are, I mean overall jump in tech wise.

Last edited by Lebron; 2006-11-14 at 04:48.

Tags
console, ps3, sony