AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-10-16, 17:38   Link #10781
Darkbacon
The Masked Panties

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordZero25 View Post
He really should stop saying that , btw how long is he a campione?
He's been a Campione for almost a year I think it's 1 or 2 months until the anniversary.
Darkbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 19:23   Link #10782
bnguyen14
Dragon Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbacon View Post
He's been a Campione for almost a year I think it's 1 or 2 months until the anniversary.
All of that happened in one year? It's one hella a year if you ask me.
Old 2014-10-16, 21:50   Link #10783
Spica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Blade dance is highly unlike to go the harem route because of the simple fact there's too many conflicts that will not be resolved

@Dithar like what explain wat you mean
From wiki,

An unreliable narrator is a narrator, whether in literature, film, or theatre, whose credibility has been seriously compromised.

Sometimes the narrator's unreliability is made immediately evident. For instance, a story may open with the narrator making a plainly false or delusional claim or admitting to being severely mentally ill, or the story itself may have a frame in which the narrator appears as a character, with clues to the character's unreliability.

This forces readers to reconsider their point of view and experience of the story. In some cases the narrator's unreliability is never fully revealed but only hinted at, leaving readers to wonder how much the narrator should be trusted and how the story should be interpreted.

Also author words,

Quote:
From the beginning of the story, I had already had the concept of the "unreliable narrator" in the descriptions of the protagonist. The kind of literary device often used in mystery novels.
Many scenes in this series are narrated from the protagonist's point of view.
Godou is that kind of character, The scene after meeting with Melqart was a good example of how much Godou like Erica in full magnificence and glory (despite saying opposite things the whole time) ... And there were many others if you actually look. I had quite the fun when i was rereading again.

An "unreliable narrator" in my opinion is a protagonist who deceive the reader.
So when we get know bits of the character's head, even if they are tiny, brief moments we get the full surprise and glory of that character. (like Godou monologues in v5 before youth scene)

Last edited by Spica; 2014-10-18 at 02:50.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 22:22   Link #10784
Darkbacon
The Masked Panties

Godou has had probably the hardest time starting out as a Campione. He's had to deal with so many problems and it hasn't even been a full year yet. Maybe there should be some side novels about how all the current Campione first got their authorities.
Darkbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-17, 01:00   Link #10785
amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dithar View Post
From wiki,

An unreliable narrator is a narrator, whether in literature, film, or theatre, whose credibility has been seriously compromised.

Sometimes the narrator's unreliability is made immediately evident. For instance, a story may open with the narrator making a plainly false or delusional claim or admitting to being severely mentally ill, or the story itself may have a frame in which the narrator appears as a character, with clues to the character's unreliability.

This forces readers to reconsider their point of view and experience of the story. In some cases the narrator's unreliability is never fully revealed but only hinted at, leaving readers to wonder how much the narrator should be trusted and how the story should be interpreted.

Also author words,

Godou is that kind of character, The scene after meeting with Melqart was a good example of how much Godou like Erica in full magnificence and glory (despite saying opposite things the whole time) ... And there were many others if you actually look.

I had my fun when i was rereading again.
poor Melqart,he has become completly irrelevent;a shame the author didn't use vol.12 for him instead of wasting it on a insignifient villain.
amigos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-17, 02:29   Link #10786
Maxaumus

the only thing normal about godo was that he wasnt involved in the magical world.
His athletic ability,sibiling relationship,ability to handle liqur and gamble,taking trips to foreing countries, his ability to attract women while being dense to their feelings,and being raised by his grandparents while his parents do who know what, and his house. none of those are normal things so i don't think he was ever normal
Maxaumus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-17, 10:16   Link #10787
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
Hahaha in that first point i agree with you the only opinion i usually care about is mine.
Where i get into a lot of nasty debates is I dont base my opinion on fangasm reactions like everyone else i base them off my view of the manga itself and what the manga shows and implies.
As you should. Although I'm trying to keep my opinion as close to objectivity as possible (knowing that there's nothing objective, since everything makes different people think different things, and things that make everyone think the same are not objective, but simple facts), but in the end, I still simply keep it according to my own thoughts. That's what you call 'having an opinion'.

Though, don't forget, not all debates are arguments either

Quote:
The second point is rather brilliant but i'm gonna adjust it by saying this.
"Most of the harem anime's the harem isnt created by the MC but its forced onto the MC hence the current definition."

You've seen it many times MC has a girl he likes and its clear he likes her but he gathers girls around him and has a "harem" DxD is an exception but its one of the few. To-Love-Ru to me isnt a harem and wont end up as one for the simple fact Rito doesnt have the personality to keep a harem going and if they could complete the harem plan without it being a total asspull they would've done it by now.
I'd call you on that. Rito's a teenager. And RomCom anime teenagers aren't your typical teenagers. They are way too perverse, and way too shy to admit it. It's just that way. But that doesn't mean it won't change, once things cool down a bit.

My personal favourite harem was Hagure Yuusha no Estetica going by that. After things cooled down, the girls went on a rampage, and the "x years later" volume is apparently the best ever. It's a damn real shame it's not being written or translated anymore. Well, that's the case with it, it seems. The only thing I seriously hope won't happen is that the same fate befalls Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha, since it's somewhat like Hagure (albeit even more crazy), and I simply love the manga. Waiting for the LN translations now, damn, gotta' endure, gotta' endure ... oh, and January has a Shinmaou anime in stow too! (This was the timeframe for adverts)

Quote:
Even Omamori Himari which the last chapter he's nailing multiple girls isnt a harem because they forced themselves on him and himari is a clear winner despite what you see.
Man, I actually had to read up on that. Though, it was worth it, since it was hilarious
But, you know, it depends on how it would play out, if it were continued. Since its true that Himari is the most important to Yuuto, it seems, but more than one girl has realistic chances, I think. It depends on how stubborn they are, and how much compromise they mean to allow. Also, to me, it didn't seem that things were nice and settled to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxaumus View Post
have to say i agree and at the end of Omamori Himari he was raped so different though i did think he might give Kesu a shot.
Well, being raped by many girls doesn't sound like a bad situation to me and again, since it doesn't seem like the dice has been cast to me, I think he might give either, or even all of them a shot, if they're willing to make compromises on who gets him when. Things weren't properly settled in that series imho, which is usually the problem with 'quasi-harem' series.

It's different with a series like f.e. IS. Basically, IS is not a harem anime, it 'ended' with Ichika having a load of fangirls. That's not even really romance, to say the least.
Comparing it to DxD, where there's not only no debate on chances, but technically a ranking is alredy in effect, would be meaningless imho.

Quote:
From wiki,

Hayate no Gotoku!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verrueckter View Post
This element is part actually part of what I like about Godou,
"I'm not a playboy like my grandfather!" <--Holds a harem of 4 girls with whom he has had intimate physical contact, with several other ladies including but not limited to gods, other Campiones, and one of his girlfriend's little sister waiting in the wings.
More-or-less, but in reality, the harem is what holds him. You should know that by now. Godou, although has the potential to become the greatest pirate of the seven seas, is currently being rocked aboard his puny ship by the tall waves of attacks we call "advances of women".

Quote:
"I'm not a crazy violent destructive person like all the other Campiones." <--The Roman Coloseum, Tokyo Tower, Yokohama Bay Bridge, and several other historical landmarks beg to differ.
Circumstances, and comedic relief begs to differ. You know that too, right?

Quote:
"I'm just a normal high school student." <--Kamijou Touma Syndrome
One look on my avatar, and I just know you have an idea as to how I'm going to kill you for that statement if I get my hands on you
Well, realistically speaking, being "just a highschool student" was the world of Touma, since he didn't know what in the blazes he himself is. Does he know now btw? I'm a little slow on To-aru NT due to Uni atm ...

Quote:
Blade dance is highly unlike to go the harem route because of the simple fact there's too many conflicts that will not be resolved
Though it'd be better if it did, since there are too many likeable girls.
F.e., in case of Kampfer, I seriously hated the girls, except for the prez. She was the best chick around, so why did that retard have to choose the bookworm in the end?!?

That kind of thing is what I seriously disapprove of.

(Hail Wall of Text-sama)

Let us remember the victims of Domestic Violence.
RpR1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-17, 12:39   Link #10788
Verrueckter
Sarcastic Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by RpR1337 View Post
One look on my avatar, and I just know you have an idea as to how I'm going to kill you for that statement if I get my hands on you
Well, realistically speaking, being "just a highschool student" was the world of Touma, since he didn't know what in the blazes he himself is. Does he know now btw? I'm a little slow on To-aru NT due to Uni atm ...
Fix this, now. The "Othinus Arc" (Vol 8-10) will blow your mind.

Back to Godou, my point was simply that he is in denial about his own nature. Which ties in to what dithar was saying about Godou being an "unreliable narrator".

"Othinus, what’s with this hell of panties? You’re getting lazy with these new worlds now, aren’t you? Zzz…” -Kamijou Touma
Verrueckter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-17, 14:13   Link #10789
ImperialFlameGod8190

RpR i agree with most of the stuff about arguments so i'll simplify my shit. TLR had potential to do some fun stuff but they got rid of the harem aspect for a long time until Darkness.
Hagure Yuusha is utter brilliance i'll agree with that i wish it was translated more. As for Omamori Himari the chances arent based off the girl its mostly the guy and it was clear Himari was the only one he'd choose if its somebody.
As for IS yea your right they are mostly fangirls and only Houki has a real shot (he reacts to Tatenashi because she acts strictly in that teasing role very little of it was actual affection and him being the only guy ruins 90% of the harem aspect
Kampfer was easy to hate both because of the girls and because really natsuru was in love with a girl he was never gonna get so it was always gonna end oddly
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 02:31   Link #10790
Spica

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigos View Post
poor Melqart,he has become completly irrelevent;a shame the author didn't use vol.12 for him instead of wasting it on a insignifient villain.
I disagree, Melqart was irrelevent to Godou from the start, since he manifest to fight V-tan as Godou point it out after the fight. Heck even Melqart point it out too.

Also Campione doesn't have 'villains' only antagonists, I never saw any of the god as 'villains'. Although Saturnus manifestation effect is quite terrifying, he sound like a Victim rather a 'villains'.

The bottom line is I like V12 a lot...

Quote:
Hayate no Gotoku!!!
Really? I will try reading it.
Old 2014-10-18, 05:53   Link #10791
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
Fix this, now. The "Othinus Arc" (Vol 8-10) will blow your mind.
Dude. I think THIS:
Quote:
due to Uni atm ...
... is what I should really "fix, now".

But yeah, I'm planning on it. Really. I seriously swear.

Quote:
RpR i agree with most of the stuff about arguments so i'll simplify my shit. TLR had potential to do some fun stuff but they got rid of the harem aspect for a long time until Darkness.
Yup, but that's due to the original TLR being ... well, castrated, to say the least. The wife of the author kidnapping their kid from his studio, then demanding half of the royalties due to Haruna being modeled after her, et cetera. You know the drill.
Darkness is just a continuation of the series by other people, and not the original author's work, so one could say 'it being canon is a matter of debate'.

Quote:
Hagure Yuusha is utter brilliance i'll agree with that i wish it was translated more.
Welcome to the club of broken hearts ...

Quote:
As for Omamori Himari the chances arent based off the girl its mostly the guy and it was clear Himari was the only one he'd choose if its somebody.
PRESTO! The magic's in the air!

Quote:
... Himari was the only one he'd choose if its somebody.
IF he chooses! But he didn't! He still could, or maybe he couldn't, since he wouldn't want to hurt all other girls, which is why they like him so much, meaning they don't want to hurt him, and most notably, wouldn't want to make him hurt any of them, which could be the Route 66 to compromise, ending in a harem! But, we'll never know, since the finish was so ambiguous.

Quote:
As for IS yea your right they are mostly fangirls and only Houki has a real shot (he reacts to Tatenashi because she acts strictly in that teasing role very little of it was actual affection and him being the only guy ruins 90% of the harem aspect.
PRESTO#2! But he does react to her! Actually, I don't dare and say he reacts to Tatenashi less than Houki, since I don't have the necessary info on it. I can only say that in the novels, Tatenashi's reactions late in the game blew a spartan-pit-of-death hole in the poor S.O.B.-s defenses. Again, ambiguous, we'll never know.

Quote:
Kampfer was easy to hate both because of the girls and because really natsuru was in love with a girl he was never gonna get so it was always gonna end oddly
Nah, Kampfer was easy to hate, since it was crap. And the reason for it being crap is that it's crap. So, since Kampfer is a crappidy-crappidy, it's crap all in all. Paradox much?

But seriously. The biggest fangirl of them all was the only boy in the series. Dude, did I think "f*cking' get your *ss in gear, and fix your damn sh*t alredy, author!" a hundred-thousand times as I was reading it ...

Quote:

Quote:
Hayate no Gotoku!!!
Really? I will try reading it.
Proceed on your own volition, but remember to bear the responsibility. Seriously. That's how f*cked up that series is. Although, that's how hilarious it is as well

EDIT: Oh, and Impie (I think I'm gonna' call you Impie, since your nick is TOO FRIGGIN' LONG) - Go and read Shimnai Maou no Keiyakusha, since I swear to God - not you, though - that it's better than Hagure.

Last edited by RpR1337; 2014-10-18 at 06:05.
Old 2014-10-18, 07:23   Link #10792
lived_1714

Speaking about Harem End, pretty sure Tenchi and Yomeiro Choice have it. As for Hayate no Gotoku, I still mindblow after Athena Saga.
lived_1714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 07:50   Link #10793
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:

EDIT: Oh, and Impie (I think I'm gonna' call you Impie, since your nick is TOO FRIGGIN' LONG) - Go and read Shimnai Maou no Keiyakusha, since I swear to God - not you, though - that it's better than Hagure.

simply call me Imperial or General (the second one has a specific reason but i'm not gonna explain it. I've read that unfortunately like many of my LN's it hasnt updated much.

I read these LN's ATM. Kenshin no Keishousha, rakudai, Shinmai Maou. Gakuen Toshi, Seirei Tsuka no blade dancei, DxD, Mondaiji. (Notice a very amusing pattern between those LN) I will read Stratos when it comes out (i dont bloody hell know why) and i'm borderline on a few others including haganai. A lot of my manga are similar to these in that i find harems amusing and on most of my manga's as well as LN's i'm a firestarter so to speak (god the nisekoi forums must hate me at times)
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 03:50   Link #10794
Darkbacon
The Masked Panties

So how much of Japan is going to be destroyed since it's going to be the centerpiece of the final encounter most likely?
Old 2014-10-19, 13:46   Link #10795
Maxaumus

man i want him to have his rematch with melquar and get some authorities besides the king of the end and i hope his family finds out about him
Old 2014-10-19, 18:15   Link #10796
Estzero1

Quote:
I seriously hated the girls, except for the prez. She was the best chick around, so why did that retard have to choose the bookworm in the end?!?
I wouldn't complain about it. The Manga Ending differs from the LN Ending.
So you should be pleased with that Conclusion .

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 00:14   Link #10797
haseo0408

Someone said a couple pages back that some people were raging because of this new volume, what was all that about? Are they angry because of the identidy of the King of the End is not what they expected?.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-23, 12:22   Link #10798
Maxaumus

don't know i only read a translated verion of chapter 1 of volume 17
Old 2014-10-23, 21:46   Link #10799
Spica

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Someone said a couple pages back that some people were raging because of this new volume, what was all that about? Are they angry because of the identidy of the King of the End is not what they expected?.
No, don't let these people worried you. I think they are just making me confused. (I fall for it.)

Edit: Those who rages was my friends, I realize later they are just screwing with me. Sorry for the confusion haseo0408 .

Last edited by Spica; 2014-10-25 at 02:21.
Old 2014-10-25, 01:17   Link #10800
RpR1337
fun^10*int^40=Ir2

Quote:
simply call me Imperial or General (the second one has a specific reason but i'm not gonna explain it. I've read that unfortunately like many of my LN's it hasnt updated much.

I read these LN's ATM. Kenshin no Keishousha, rakudai, Shinmai Maou. Gakuen Toshi, Seirei Tsuka no blade dancei, DxD, Mondaiji. (Notice a very amusing pattern between those LN) I will read Stratos when it comes out (i dont bloody hell know why) and i'm borderline on a few others including haganai. A lot of my manga are similar to these in that i find harems amusing and on most of my manga's as well as LN's i'm a firestarter so to speak (god the nisekoi forums must hate me at times)
That's no problem there, Impie :P

I can start pretty wild fires myself sometimes. Well, whatever. Anyways, I think our tastes are similar, though I'm a broader reader. I f.e. read SAO, but I also read Maria-sama ga Miteru, so yeah, as long as the story keeps me immersed, it doesn't really have to be comedic, or even fantasy for that matter. MS is a prime example, and I like that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
I wouldn't complain about it. The Manga Ending differs from the LN Ending.
So you should be pleased with that Conclusion .
Couldn't find it. The manga that's uploaded to sites is at Vol. 37, which seems to be the Fireworks scene of the original anime series, and it doesn't look like it's concluded yet.
I'll happily accept a private message with a link to that conclusion, of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Haseo-han, people aren't raging because of the new volume (or at least, in this case, I sure as hell hope so), but because they are peoplez, and this iz teh intarwebz. Everybody rages here from time to time

Btw, I think after all the guesswork most of us did, and all the legwork some of us did (me f.e.), nobody really cares who he is anymore. Doesn't matter, it'll probably be unexpected and suprising, which will make it fun, so no dibs on it prior, speaking for myself

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem