AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-03, 18:11   Link #61
MrZombie

Quick question, are North American memory cards good with japanese systems? Is there some kind of region lock with them? Can I use my old ps2 card to save Matsuri games or will I need a japanese one?
Old 2007-08-03, 20:32   Link #62
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditKing View Post
Spoiler for for Taraimawashi:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Quick question, are North American memory cards good with japanese systems? Is there some kind of region lock with them? Can I use my old ps2 card to save Matsuri games or will I need a japanese one?
I don't think there's any restriction for memory cards.
Old 2007-08-04, 10:59   Link #63
BanditKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-06, 04:39   Link #64
Iriliane

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZombie View Post
You can use your North American PS2 memory card on the Japanese system. The card will just have a seperate system data file made for the Japanese system. There shouldn't be any problems with it whatsoever. I've been using the same card in both my Japanese and North American systems for at least a year now.
Old 2007-08-06, 21:55   Link #65
MrZombie

Phew! That's a relief, now if only my jps2 would come.
Old 2007-08-10, 23:44   Link #66
sezen_atacan

Um... Do you think its worth the effort to process the text in the game through babelfish?? Can you make sense with it? The thing is even character names may get translated into really bizzare phrases...... In my area there isn't really any Japanese language schools around so I don't know how I can learn it or what tool to use.

I am not sure how some of you can understand it, unless of course you guys are Japanese perhaps?
Old 2007-08-10, 23:48   Link #67
StrayChild
Banned

How can you run the text in a PS2 game through babelfish?O_O
Old 2007-08-11, 02:01   Link #68
chrno_the_sinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayChild View Post
How can you run the text in a PS2 game through babelfish?O_O
Maybe AGTH works with a PS2 emulator? Or the person just didn't know what they were talking about.

For me, I know the story of the main plots backwards and forwards, so when I finally buy the game, I'll be able to follow along with those fairly well, since I have a very basic grasp of Japanese. The main problem I'll have is with the Kanji, and that's only for the non-spoken parts.
Old 2007-08-11, 04:38   Link #69
StrayChild
Banned

I tried playing the first arc of the Higurashi PC game in Japanese. Even though I know the story for that arc, it got really boring quick. It would be awesome if someone who gets this game takes the time to write out a translation script and post it up on gamefaqs or something.
Old 2007-08-11, 11:51   Link #70
Deathwing
what do i know

T.T i wish these games would come out in English i can't speak a word of japanese
is there any Higurashi games in English or am i doomed
Old 2007-08-11, 12:27   Link #71
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwing View Post
T.T i wish these games would come out in English i can't speak a word of japanese
is there any Higurashi games in English or am i doomed
None completed.

7 chapters of Minagoroshi-hen and 3 chapters of Onikakushi-hen.
Old 2007-08-29, 20:14   Link #72
sezen_atacan

Say, would you guys recommend this even if I don't speak or read Japanese? Yes, I am kinda a Higurashi fan as I just can't seem to get enough of some characters.

Will the emotions, sounds and graphics at least be enough to tell me whats happening and "maybe"(keyword: maybe) tell me why certain things are happening? Or will I be so confused and bored to sleep? Some of you guys says this game is an alternate version of the original with alot of adjustments that you will feel like its an anime instead of a game. True?
Old 2007-08-29, 20:42   Link #73
MrZombie

Well, here's the thing, if you don't understand any Japanese at all I'd say no. The main reason I went and picked it up was that my spoken Japanese is light years ahead of my written. (Of course I had to find out after that the question arcs don't have Keiichi voiced and the TIPS had no voice overs what so ever.)

It's an incredibly text heavy game and there are times where what choices you make determine what chapter you get, if you have no idea what these choices are you could end up getting the same chapters over and over.
Old 2007-08-29, 20:45   Link #74
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Unless you use a guide or something or you know the story really well. I played the game even though my Japanese is that of a 1st grader just because I wanted to see the three new chapters
Old 2007-08-29, 20:47   Link #75
MrZombie

That's true, but even with it I think that he'd miss out on way too much to make it worth while.
Old 2007-08-29, 20:59   Link #76
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

The best way is to see a video of the game itself and if still feel like playing then go ahead

Video 1
Video 2
Old 2007-09-07, 23:14   Link #77
sezen_atacan

Matsuri seems like a good revision of the original. I like the darker tone. At least thats what I got from reading this thread. Does anyone know where are the more indepth synopsis for the PS2 arcs are? I do have a bad feeling that the PS2 arcs might not get animated. But I am anxious to know the when,what and whys of the PS2 arcs.

I also heard that in the second anime series some PS2 elements will be placed in but I am not sure why PS2 elements are placed into the anime.

Anyway plot summaries are welcome.
Old 2007-09-08, 08:38   Link #78
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
I do have a bad feeling that the PS2 arcs might not get animated
You mean other than the fact it's already impossible to fit them into the anime's storyline? >_>
Old 2007-09-08, 09:50   Link #79
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

They could animate Miotsukushi-hen(true end) instead of Matsuribayashi-hen(good end) which i hope they do
Old 2007-09-08, 11:47   Link #80
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
They could animate Miotsukushi-hen(true end) instead of Matsuribayashi-hen(good end) which i hope they do
It's already been confirmed that it's Matsuribayashi-hen they're showing but they could still alter it. I'd like to see the last half of Miotsukushi-hen because I feel going through all the Rule X triggers again would be tedious. Especially if it's your first time, because you want to jump right to the good stuff.
Closed Thread