AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 31 11.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 3.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 5.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 5.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 5.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 3.97%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 3.25%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 13 4.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 151 54.51%
Voters: 277. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-30, 21:10   Link #221
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Atleast FMP is producing more novels while the Haruhi author is twiddling his thumbs.
Gatou's touched the novels? I thought they were on hiatus too.

I wouldn't expect more FMP any more than I'd expect more Haruhi after this...
Old 2009-07-30, 21:14   Link #222
Jarmel

He's just taking his time but yes he has produced some stuff.
Old 2009-07-30, 21:19   Link #223
ReneeBurossamu

Who thinks that the loop is going to end next week?
And yes, I'm serious.
Old 2009-07-30, 21:21   Link #224
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeBurossamu View Post
Who thinks that the loop is going to end next week?
People who suffer from various delusional complexes.
Old 2009-07-30, 21:26   Link #225
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

So for those who have watched the episode, what was up with the mini loop at the pool? That seemed odd and out of place. Also, the episode seemed to go by faster than some other ones.
Old 2009-07-30, 21:33   Link #226
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I think there were something like three mini-loops. Where something repeated twice for a few seconds. I remember two, and I think I remember a third. I guess the loops are starting to break down. It is only a matter of time before the correption destroys the loop.
Old 2009-07-30, 21:35   Link #227
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Huh, I must have not noticed the other two. Actually, was there one at the final cafe scene? I remember that being slightly odd (aside from the crazy animation).
Old 2009-07-30, 21:36   Link #228
atividia

/skips to end of episode

/notices that the loop is still intact
/deletes episode
Old 2009-07-30, 21:42   Link #229
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by atividia View Post
/skips to end of episode

/deletes episode
I don't know why you'd even bother D/Ling in this case, just check out the scores on here and see from there if the loop has ended or not.

If the episode that ends the loop is absolute crap but it ends the loop it might get a lot of 10/10s...
Old 2009-07-30, 21:42   Link #230
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigurashinoUmineko View Post
My question is if they have the money to make 8 or 9 or-however-long-this'll-be episodes of the basic same thing, with different animation and all that crap, why doesn't KyoAni even THINK of bringing some anime back to life? I mean what about K-ON!, Lucky Star, and others that could've had a second season?

But NO. They had to waste their time and money on god-knows-how-many-episodes of the same thing.

AND now they expect the fans to buy seperate DVDs of the basic same thing.
I'm just disappointed is all...
I've figured out their evil plan.

Kadokawa and KyoAni did one season of Haruhi. Even though they had a tiger by the tail, they didn't want to do more than one season.

Except the rabid fanbase begged them to do a second season. For three years. If I had to listen to three years of whining, I'd be getting pretty irritable too.

So they decided to produce some new material. Just to shut the fans up. Except, to make it clear how much they hate the fanbase, they decided to animate Endless Eight over, and over, and over. The only reason it's even remotely interesting is because KyoAni decided to "stick it to the man" and animate each episode fresh.

Even if the rabid fanbase hates E8, they'll buy enough of the new Haruhi stuff that KyoAni and Kadokawa will, at least, break even, if not outright profit. Except the rabid fanbase will have learned their lesson, Haruhi will be dead, and the studio can get back to the business of producing single-season shots of shiny.

Years from now, anime nerds will have this very conversation:

Anime Nerd 1: "Dude! I so wish that insert series here would get a second season, 'cuz it rocks that hard!"

Anime Nerd 2: "Shut up! Shhhh, you don't want them to do a Haruhi to insert series here do you? Just be happy they're animating this at all."

Anime nerds shudder.

In short, to echo some of the sentiment I'm seeing around here, one of the few ways this makes logical sense is if one goes into it with the assumption that the production committee truly hates the fanbase.
Old 2009-07-30, 21:51   Link #231
kirameki no kajin
Coptic Haruhiist

I'll just be happy when all this is over. I'm just going to pray for the best. Everything's gonna be fine~
-ten seconds later-
WAIT. It's not over YET?
This has got to be a bad dream or something...I mean, using almost all the same stock footage and continuing this SEVEN TIMES?
I mean, I would have enjoyed this if they made it different each time, but they've wasted seven episodes where they could have done something else, something different, ALONG WITH THE LIGHT NOVELS.
But, no. They just have to screw with us, don't they?
KyoAni, I'm ashamed of you.
And to think Lucky Star didn't get a second season, but this ridiculous crap is able to be continued into OBLIVION.
I know SHNY has always bent the rules and went against the grain, but this is quite enough.
And to think I waited with bated breath for this episode. Pfft. I'm done.

Last edited by kirameki no kajin; 2009-07-30 at 22:01.
Old 2009-07-30, 22:00   Link #232
Scy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSg0...eature=related

I am sure this has been posted before, but

Old 2009-07-30, 22:04   Link #233
yeahreally

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
I've figured out their evil plan.

In short, to echo some of the sentiment I'm seeing around here, one of the few ways this makes logical sense is if one goes into it with the assumption that the production committee truly hates the fanbase.
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Having worked under some messed up management before, I can easily believe that stupidity combined with vast amounts of hubris led the production committee in charge of Haruhi to think that this was a good idea. I just hope they end it next episode and aren't thinking they can actually make 12 episodes of this tripe.
Old 2009-07-30, 22:12   Link #234
Launch
Bug Catcher

I'm loving this arc, mainly because of the suspense it creates. (Some episodes more-so than others). I find them entertaining, as long as you don't spoil it for yourself by skipping/keeping one eye on how much time is left.
This episode wasn't my favourite, but I still enjoyed it. The animation used in the final cafe scene was really cool. Kyon's 2 scenes waking up in his bed were hilarious as well. xD

I suppose next week will be the last E8 episode, though I was hoping that they wouldn't be so literal with the title.
Old 2009-07-30, 22:13   Link #235
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

This episode was pretty boring. It makes it really hard for me to stand up and say I like this loop against all the haters. I really don't have much of an argument this episode.

Last couple episodes were pretty cool, but a minute of looking at Koizumi's wrist was boring.
Old 2009-07-30, 22:14   Link #236
ReneeBurossamu

Quote:
Originally Posted by atividia View Post
/skips to end of episode

/deletes episode
Haha, I laughed.

I can totally imagine Kyon doing the "I RABU YUU" thing to Haruhi, but not having as great an American "accent" as Koizumi and awkwardness occurring. That'd be hilarious.
Old 2009-07-30, 22:16   Link #237
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahreally View Post
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Having worked under some messed up management before, I can easily believe that stupidity combined with vast amounts of hubris led the production committee in charge of Haruhi to think that this was a good idea. I just hope they end it next episode and aren't thinking they can actually make 12 episodes of this tripe.
I hope they go all the way, I am long past the train wreck point where the fan's anguish is more interesting than the show itself. And with it the age old question will finally answered with the DVD sales: Just how gullible are the Japanese Otakus?
Old 2009-07-30, 22:16   Link #238
AbSoLuTeMiKe
Oishi desu yo!

I want eat Kyoani with salt, pepper and ketchup right now

this is getting out of hand. EE shouldn't it end on the 8?

Like I thought this ep would be the last, w/e happens at the end would move the story along.

I'm reading the light novels now. I'm at 2.3? where is where I'm at to where the loops are. For those who know the novels. I'm at the part where they are making a movie.
Old 2009-07-30, 22:17   Link #239
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

I think they only people that might like Endless Eight are the ones that enjoy re-watching/reading/etc things. I know for me, this is like re-watching something but each time it's slightly different to change it up a bit. It's a little nicer than watching the exact same thing over and over.

Would I rather move on? Yes.
Will I buy the DVDs? Maybe, depends on what happens with an R1 release.
Do I hate Endless Eight? Not really.
Old 2009-07-30, 22:17   Link #240
kirameki no kajin
Coptic Haruhiist

What if they decide to strectch it out...and end it on August 31st?
-gags/cringes at the thought of this-
I don't think the production committee hates Haruhi's fanbase. Merely, I think that they thought it was a good idea, but in the end it wasn't.
Television people make mistakes like these all the time. Anyone know of the Sopranos?In the series finale, the ending cut off mid-sentence. I and many of my online friends were upset. Other people on those forums, which were many were upset as well.
It was just a super hyped idea that got REALLY out of hand, and WILL end next episode as god as my witness.
Closed Thread