AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-01-13, 16:42   Link #1041
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
ch 74, omg @ Keima going all forced development XD
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 19:18   Link #1042
Freeter
beyond

Tit grab was awesome, but the part where Keima rammed into the two girls was even better.

Of course, the best parts are whenever he messes with Elsea. "Stay a trainee forever"
Old 2010-01-13, 20:02   Link #1043
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Rofl yeah as usual Keima can't play happily XD
Hakua : "You ignored me when i was nude ... but you're interested in Nora ?"
Keima : "Come again ?"

Well in the end , he could play .
Elsee really like Fire Truck ^^
Yeah at the end XD
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 20:12   Link #1044
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I strongly believe that the art before the "forced development" was totalling trying to make us think he was going to geass them.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 22:32   Link #1045
FateAnomaly

Elsee just had the cutest expression. I wish she could stay a trainee forever too.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 03:27   Link #1046
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Rofl yeah as usual Keima can't play happily XD
Hakua : "You ignored me when i was nude ... but you're interested in Nora ?"
Keima : "Come again ?"
Someone want to explain to me why this series doesn't have an animated adaptation yet? Most series go their entire run with only a line or two of this comedic skill. This one gives it to us at least once a week. I mean, with the number of anime based upon games, the historic success of parody anime, and the author's decidedly blase approach to plot advancement, it amazes me that we haven't heard hintings of even a single cour adaptation... I mean, if they're waiting for the end of the series, I'm all for that so we can get a full adaptation, but no one ever does that, even when it's warranted, and it's not like they couldn't give this animated adaptation an open ending and have it work...

Gah, I will never understand this industry...
Old 2010-01-14, 12:23   Link #1047
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Probably to wait for more material to come up ? I dunno..maybe about the angel or something ?
I've just read chapter 74 after skipping from 50 or so...damn, I must admit my mistakes. This series is good for every chapter that they have o.o;

how about the RAW ? Is it more than 74 chapters by now ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 12:43   Link #1048
Nosauz

82 is the latest raw, and it's the drummer girl for the b2 pencils.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 22:36   Link #1049
.calla.

heh... chapters 65-67 are references to the moody blues.. this manga keeps getting better and better =D
.calla. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-16, 22:56   Link #1050
Seitsuki
Onee!

a type-moon reference would totally complete this heh
Old 2010-01-19, 00:16   Link #1051
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Someone want to explain to me why this series doesn't have an animated adaptation yet?

Gah, I will never understand this industry...
Kami nomi is one helluva manga to adapt into animation.... They must make a choice between a straight-off-the-book adaptation or not.

The first choice would mean adhering EVERYTHING from the manga, and the greatest difficulty of this are:
1) The number of voice actors, and
2) Managing the rate of plot development.

1)
The number of capture targets and main characters, in total, is 17.

Keima
Elsee
Hakua
Tenri / Diana
Ayumi
Chihiro
Kanon
Mio
Shiori
Kusunoki
Jun
Tsukiyo
Minami
Sumire
Nanaka
Yui

Not to forget Miyako Terada (PENDING)

The problem with this is that the captured targets rarely re-appear except for few characters (Ayumi, Chihiro, and Kanon) and hiring a seiyuu per voice wouldn't be cost-effective since there aren't many roles after their arc has finished. The two solutions to this dilemma would be to hire "green/n00b/amateur" voice actors for the less frequent capture targets", compromising the overall quality of each individual character capture arcs, or employing a "professional" multiple-voice actors. There is also a third solution, but I'll get to that later.

2)
If the studio were to animate each character's arc, simply multiply the average # of episodes per capture by the # of capture targets. Yeah, that would seriously hinder the rate of plot development!

The crucial plot development chapters are 1 (Elsee), 22~26(Hakua), 47(Hakua), 57~65 (Tenri's arc), 73~74(Diana).

As you can see, the intervals between each significant plot developments are filled by capture arcs.

To prevent these problems, the alternate choice is to, naturally, cut out characters from the manga and/or insert new characters and/or modify the storyline.

Personally I wouldn't mind if Mio, Minami, and Jun gets the short ends of the straw.

So yeah, because each individual capture targets are treated as the main heroine for that time, it possess serious problems in various sections of the production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
82 is the latest raw, and it's the drummer girl for the b2 pencils.
You mean 2B PENCILS.
ImAKami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 01:11   Link #1052
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I've always pictured it to be like this-

1. The anime would focus on the first 5 girls up to Hakua's Arc. This is the plan for a 1 cour season with only 13 episodes.

2. The anime would go all the way up to Tenri's Arc, likely trimming some parts to make it fit. This would go for a 2 cour season with 26 episodes.

VAs have never been a problem, they'll probably get the lesser known people, though there is a certain someone I'm rooting to get the part as Keima *cough* But the most important question is... Which studio would be doing it? Duh duh DUHH!!!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 01:59   Link #1053
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeProUNo View Post
Spoiler for size:
I've got no problem with them animating a cour (~13 episodes) or two at a time. The storyline is made up predominantly of more-or-less self-contained stores, maybe an episode or two each (maybe three for some of the longer ones), and like you said, what overall story arc there is comes in separated bits and pieces. This means you can end a season at the end of an individual story or maybe juggle the story order or add a filler heroine (with the original author's input, of course ^_^) so that you end on an arc-related story, and not really leave anything hanging, as long as it's evident that there will be later seasons down the road—especially when you realize that you aren't really going to be getting into the meat of what overall arc there is until at least Hakua's second appearance (~25 episodes in?).

The short-term characters issue I can understand being a problem, but I can think of at least one successful series that had the same issue (worse actually) and was able to overcome it. As the temporary characters in this manga are more important to the telling than the setting-subsumed characters of Mushishi were, it would be more ideal to cast known seiyuu as the heroines (Mushishi used mostly—but not all—unknowns), but the problem is not a unique one. They'll figure it out.

BTW, after seeing how "well" Shaft is "adapting" Vampire Bund, I withdraw my suggestion that they adapt this. Maybe JC Staff...?

*imagines a 6" Keima-tan sitting on Elsee's head playing on a giant (to him) PFP and yelling "Uruchai! Uruchai! Uruchai!"*
Old 2010-01-19, 02:24   Link #1054
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But the most important question is... Which studio would be doing it? Duh duh DUHH!!!
Most likely SynergySP.
Old 2010-01-19, 02:32   Link #1055
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I've always pictured it to be like this-

1. The anime would focus on the first 5 girls up to Hakua's Arc. This is the plan for a 1 cour season with only 13 episodes.

2. The anime would go all the way up to Tenri's Arc, likely trimming some parts to make it fit. This would go for a 2 cour season with 26 episodes.

VAs have never been a problem, they'll probably get the lesser known people, though there is a certain someone I'm rooting to get the part as Keima *cough* But the most important question is... Which studio would be doing it? Duh duh DUHH!!!
I think they'd have to trim a fair bit to intro Diana in 2 cours. Maybe 3? I think they could average roughly two chapters per episode (more or less), which would put Hakua's second appearance near the end of the second cour and Tenri near the end of the third.

Keima and Elsee would obviously be expected to be voiced by well-known seiyuu. In fact if Mamoru Miyano or Jun Fukuyama (or at least someone well-known who can imitate the over-dramatic Kira/Zero-style voice) doesn't voice Keima, I imagine there will probably be quite an uproar. Any number of moe-voiced seiyuu could do Elsee, the more cutesy the better. Hakua, given her prominence, would probably also get a well-known seiyuu (a Haruhi-style voice would be ideal). Keima's mom is the only other real recurring character, although if they get far enough one would expect well-known seiyuu for Nora (an Urd-style voice) and Tenri/Diana (someone who can do quiet and forceful) as well.

Now that I think about it, they could cast the entire SOS-dan as primary characters in this adaptation and it would work pretty well (Sugita as Keima, Goto as Elsee, Hirano as Hakua, and Minorin as Tenri/Diana and Ono as Nora's partner, should they get that far).
Old 2010-01-19, 02:36   Link #1056
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Now that I think about it, they could cast the entire SOS-dan as primary characters in this adaptation and it would work pretty well (Sugita as Keima, Goto as Elsee, Hirano as Hakua, and Minorin as Tenri/Diana and Ono as Nora's partner, should they get that far).
I dunno about Sugita. Although he can definitely do over-the-top (his role in Baccano is a good example) his voice is a bit too deep for Keima.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-19, 12:19   Link #1057
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
*imagines a 6" Keima-tan sitting on Elsee's head playing on a giant (to him) PFP and yelling "Uruchai! Uruchai! Uruchai!"*
Noooo~~!

What have you done!1!!11!!

Now I am having flashbacks of Shana, Louise, and Nagi!!!

'Tis a torment of undescribable degree!

But yeah, I won't forgive J.C. Staff (and the director) for bastardizing Kimi Kiss.
Old 2010-01-20, 22:06   Link #1058
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
BTW, after seeing how "well" Shaft is "adapting" Vampire Bund, I withdraw my suggestion that they adapt this. Maybe JC Staff...?
Missed this post earlier. I've been saying for ages that JC would be perfect for this style of show.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 22:13   Link #1059
Nosauz

honestly of all the studies I still hoping AIC will pick this up because it fits into their demo of shows and is a hell of a lot better than what their currently animating.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-21, 06:08   Link #1060
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Missed this post earlier. I've been saying for ages that JC would be perfect for this style of show.
I still don't know... JC Staff can make very good anime. Shana S1, the To Arus, Potemayo...there's some really good stuff in their library. They just doesn't usually do this type of series, and my worry is that they'll turn it into the last two seasons of Zero no Tsukaima, since they seem categorically unable to adapt something without changing it toward the end, usually for the worst...

The reason I was so keen on Shaft doing it was that it just seems like it was written with Shinbo's directorial style in mind. Usually any comedy he adapts gets turned into something quirky and minimalist with a crapload of subtle and not-so-subtle pop-culture references. TWGOK is already quirky, already chock full of pop-culture references, and would fit very well into the not-quite-as-low-detail-as-it-appears Zetsubou/Bakemonogatari style.

Every studio molds the source material to their strengths, which is why you can usually tell the studio by just looking at the finished product. I joke about a 6" Keima-tan, but you know that if JC Staff adapts it, that's what you're going to see on the DVDs... And KyoAni would make all the characters look like K-on or Haruhi... Or Gonzo (are they even still around?) would turn it into a steaming pile with a crapload of OOC fanservice...

I guess Bones would work as well, as long as they don't adapt ~20-30 episodes worth before deciding to end it in a completely different fashion from the direction the manga is going (only to readapt it once the manga is finished and short-shrift the previously covered material)...

==============================

Less depressing subject... Voice casting was brought up recently, but nothing concrete was suggested (my SOS-Dan BSing notwithstanding), and the last time we speculated on who would voice who in this forum, Tenri/Diana wasn't even introduced.

So, any suggestions?

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen