AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-16, 15:22   Link #2301
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
I think the reason the Producer's accident was added not for the sake of adding drama, but as a wakeup call that they are becoming too distant. Sure, the solution can happen without the accident, but most of the girls wouldn't have noticed until it was too late.
Like I mentioned in my last post, it feels to much of a stretch to call the producer's fall a catalyst for the ensuing drama because of how detached and weakly it was followed up in the episode. Heck, the only point producer even seemed relevant was in the giving of advice to Chihaya, otherwise his fall is hardly referred to or implied during the whole Haruka debacle, if at all. The realisations were a combination of Haruka's plight and Chihaya's push as well as some degree of introspection.

But dude is such a Bro even when half his body is broken.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 15:26   Link #2302
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zavie View Post
It's really just me nitpicking, but I still find it odd and unconvincing when all the members being really surprised. Instead of that, if they could just look a bit down, admitting that they know that, but just being helpless in the situation, then come to the mutual understanding with Chihaya and the big surprise later. That would have been better to me.

I know that sometime people need the reminding of their real importance. And I wanted this episode to be that way, not a revelation of some we-all-know secret. That obvious development just really bothered me, that's all.

Like I said, I like how they handle Haruka issue and all, but that part just left a bitter taste in my mouth for the not-so-clever written.
A post I saw earlier said it best: The reason that Haruka is the most affected by the idols by the fracture (and thus the most sensitive to it) is because the reason for her becoming an idol is tied into the entire issue of friendship and bonds. All of the other idols we know of have incredibly clear-cut reasons to become idols: Iori to prove her self worth, Miki to show her best, Makoto to change her self-image, Yayoi and Hibiki to support their families, Chihaya as a tribute to her brother's legacy (which changed to singing because she loved it), etc... and yet the one common thread is that these goals can be accomplished irrelevant of whether they are in 765 or not. While Haruka does have her own 'selfish' reason to be an idol (simply wanting to be one), her motivation stems more from her friendship with the others. Thus, all of the others would not come to the same realization as quickly because they're all absorbed in their own dreams that have been realized now that they are idols.

Makoto herself addressed the point you made about them knowing about the problem: they felt the same way about it too, but didn't manage to think about the solution to it. And realization of something people already know happens alot of times in life, talking from personal experience: that feeling at the back of your head that you know instinctively, but you need someone else to point it out for you, which seems to be precisely what happened here.

So I respectfully disagree about it being "not so well written", though I can understand it being more personal preference about the direction of the writing than whatnot.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 15:29   Link #2303
Sumeragi
Banned

I believe that the fact there are thirteen idols with separate and interlocking schedules seems to have been missed by people. There is almost no way to get such a large and diverse group focused on one issue without such a large incident as the accident. True, we could have had something less dramatic, but the main point is that given how the idols are very young and busy, and with the company still being pretty small, we needed something major to get the wake-up call relayed.

In addition, LoweGear has written very well on another aspect to the fracture.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 15:39   Link #2304
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So PRoducer is alive, that's a good sign. Awesome that Haruka got the lead as well. Surprised Miki didn't explode, but she actually did a good job. THose kids were so cute. Chibi Haruka was adorable.
Old 2011-12-16, 15:48   Link #2305
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

OH MY FUCKIN GAWSH.

Nothing can destroy the muthafuckin DANKETSU! NOTHING!

flippin awesome episode. Cannot wait for the finale!

also, chibi Haruka hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 15:49   Link #2306
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I believe that the fact there are thirteen idols with separate and interlocking schedules seems to have been missed by people. There is almost no way to get such a large and diverse group focused on one issue without such a large incident as the accident. True, we could have had something less dramatic, but the main point is that given how the idols are very young and busy, and with the company still being pretty small, we needed something major to get the wake-up call relayed.
This is mainly the effect of the hype train; after the cliffhanger last episode, I guess I was expecting a strong followup to this subplot. True, they could still follow it up next episode, but as the current episode was, the "wake-up call" to the girls appeared to be Haruka's breakdown and news of her absence moreso than producer's incident, while the push to resolution was Chihaya's relentless negotiations and Haruka's reflection, making the fall...somewhat needless.

Haruka's disillusionment was already inevitable without anything happening to producer, so the whole things feels like needless drama. Not saying was needless, it just feels like it.

(although admittingly, things would've taken a very different turn if he was readily available, so the one thing that was needed was his absence? )
Old 2011-12-16, 15:53   Link #2307
Zavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
A post I saw earlier said it best: The reason that Haruka is the most affected by the idols by the fracture (and thus the most sensitive to it) is because the reason for her becoming an idol is tied into the entire issue of friendship and bonds. All of the other idols we know of have incredibly clear-cut reasons to become idols: Iori to prove her self worth, Miki to show her best, Makoto to change her self-image, Yayoi and Hibiki to support their families, Chihaya as a tribute to her brother's legacy (which changed to singing because she loved it), etc... and yet the one common thread is that these goals can be accomplished irrelevant of whether they are in 765 or not. While Haruka does have her own 'selfish' reason to be an idol (simply wanting to be one), her motivation stems more from her friendship with the others. Thus, all of the others would not come to the same realization as quickly because they're all absorbed in their own dreams that have been realized now that they are idols.

Makoto herself addressed the point you made about them knowing about the problem: they felt the same way about it too, but didn't manage to think about the solution to it. And realization of something people already know happens alot of times in life, talking from personal experience: that feeling at the back of your head that you know instinctively, but you need someone else to point it out for you, which seems to be precisely what happened here.
We might have to disagree here.

I perfectly understand that everyone have different goals in their minds, and it's not that easy to understand one heart give their very heavy schedule. However, it's not like they know each other since they became famous. They have spent a considerably amount of time before that too, so basically, they grew together, I would expect they understand more of each other. Because I believe the time they spent with other and Haruka being their helping hand should hint more than enough for that. I don't want to admit their bond is that shallow for them to be taken surprise by the fact that Haruka want to be together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
So I respectfully disagree about it being "not so well written", though I can understand it being more personal preference about the direction of the writing than whatnot.
Maybe I expressed it wrongly, the problem I have about this episode just lies within a couple of lines (about 3, 4 lines). Not the whole written, I just feel really bothered about it.
Old 2011-12-16, 16:05   Link #2308
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

b'awwww

Spoiler:
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 16:09   Link #2309
Nerroth
NePoi!

I wouldn't be surprised if each of the kids in that scene were voiced by their idol counterpart...

(I noticed that they grouped the old Project Fairy trio together in that scene.)
Old 2011-12-16, 16:11   Link #2310
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
b'awwww

Spoiler:

Very cute images Blakstealth.
Old 2011-12-16, 16:13   Link #2311
Zavie

Quote:
b'awwww

Spoiler:
Anyone feel like watching K-On again? I found those chibi kids similar to K-On's chibi flash back of Yui lol.
Old 2011-12-16, 16:31   Link #2312
Somnus
Eh?

What a great episode. The Ritsuko, Miki, and Haruka talk was hands down one of the greatest scenes in the series. Watching Haruka's broken state trying to reason with Miki and Ritsuko was brilliantly done.

Also, little Haruka was beyond adorable. Anyone who dislikes her is going to spontaneously combust. Just saying.

Lastly, an impact as big as the Producer falling was needed to tip Haruka over the edge. Actually, it was more advantageous that it was him. Just before he fell Haruka was going to bottle it in...AGAIN. It wouldn't have boiled over as fast most likely because like the Christmas party good ol' Broducer would've done what he could to force some rehearsals in. It would've continued at this speed until Haruka would've broken naturally. The only difference would be the timing, should another year have passed and the crew be even more fragmented than now they might not have been able to come back from it.

That was the whole point to Miki's realization. ESPECIALLY with her, flying at the pace she was. Who knows how unreachable she might have been a year later.
Old 2011-12-16, 17:12   Link #2313
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Nice episode, and I've come across a newfound respect for Miki. She handled things very, very maturely.

On the other end of the spectrum, I'll always be left to wonder what would have happened if the show had gone a different path, but that'll always be fated to be a mere thought from now on. Don't think of me as some crazed sadist who WANTED this, but with such a sudden and sharp tragedy I had kind of been hoping for a more drawn out conclusion.

Episode 24: Welcome Home, Haruka
Old 2011-12-16, 17:22   Link #2314
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Good summary review papermario.
Old 2011-12-16, 17:46   Link #2315
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
OH MY FUCKIN GAWSH.

Nothing can destroy the muthafuckin DANKETSU! NOTHING!

flippin awesome episode. Cannot wait for the finale!

also, chibi Haruka hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng.
Seriously man! I was bloody tripping here. I think those little kids put some kind of positive voodoo curse on Haruka to help her snap out of her Producer induced accident depression.

And man! I guess being producer is suffering now

I am quite happy I started following this series, and I can't wait for the final as well~
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 18:13   Link #2316
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
b'awwww

Spoiler:
I know the kids were meant to represent the 765 Pro idols, but damn, they were so close that it was scary. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Good summary review papermario.
Hey, thanks.
Old 2011-12-16, 19:02   Link #2317
JohnNiles

Finally saw some screenshots- this episode is trippin' balls. I wonder how far back those hallucinations extend...
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 19:07   Link #2318
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Episode 24, Y U NO TWINS AGAIN??????
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 19:18   Link #2319
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Welcome home Haruka ;_;
I wonder what those guys think when they wanted to make Miki a solo MC for namassuka sequel I mean, no one can beat Harukakka as lead MC with her two sidekicks to support her ;_;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 20:14   Link #2320
com_gwp

Wait, I think something just hit me.

What the heck happened to the little girl that represented chibi Haruka? Where did she go?

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s