AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-03-08, 05:48   Link #1561
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I find it amazing that people still replies to roriconfan when he have stated earlier in another subforum that #1. he does not watch ongoing series and draws his conclusions from forums and blogs. #2. He have admitted to post mostly to rile up people and stir up conflicts.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 05:58   Link #1562
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I find it amazing that people still replies to roriconfan when he have stated earlier in another subforum that #1. he does not watch ongoing series and draws his conclusions from forums and blogs. #2. He have admitted to post mostly to rile up people and stir up conflicts.
Like I would know that... >_>

Nice trolling he does.
Old 2011-03-08, 06:01   Link #1563
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Like I would know that... >_>

Nice trolling he does.
You are right, it's unfair of me to expect others to know who the more questionable people are, and their modus operandi

At least I can hope that people in this subforum can now ignore his ramblings.
Old 2011-03-08, 06:02   Link #1564
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
2) As for the trust worthy girls who accept powers in every show, please notice how they do it WHILE they are under attack by monsters. So in a way they do it to save themselves because the alternative would mean death. And with no wish attached as an extra bonus as well.
Usagi decided to become Sailor Moon when a talking cat walked into her room and gave her a brooch.

Mami decided to become a Magical Girl because she would have died in a car accident if she hadn't.

You tell me which one was more desperate.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 06:32   Link #1565
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Madoka replacing EVA... blasphemy!

NO IT'S NOT. atleast for me. XP

Maybe it has something to do with time, and i forgot how irreplaceable EVA is to me.. but this very moment, I'm leaning more to Madoka. XD shoot me but i won't take it back. it's my opinion after all. XD

I STILL love EVA(esp. EoE) though. XD
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 08:22   Link #1566
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Spoiler:

First time Kyoko was drawn by aoki sensei I believe.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 13:04   Link #1567
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I recently came across a blog that was somewhat critical of Madoka Magica, and I have to admit, it makes some good points.

You can find it here.

Now, I don't agree with everything wrote in that blog (I strongly disagree on the anime's pacing, for example) but I think some decent points are raised pertaining to Kyoko and Sayaka's character development.

What do people think of this blog's analysis of Madoka Magica (up to Episode 8, anyway)?
Old 2011-03-08, 13:20   Link #1568
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I recently came across a blog that was somewhat critical of Madoka Magica, and I have to admit, it makes some good points.

You can find it here.

Now, I don't agree with everything wrote in that blog (I strongly disagree on the anime's pacing, for example) but I think some decent points are raised pertaining to Kyoko and Sayaka's character development.

What do people think of this blog's analysis of Madoka Magica (up to Episode 8, anyway)?
You mean this?
http://www.thatanimeblog.com/index.p...ying-urobuchi/

Apparently he got himself in a little too deep, IMHO did too much of analyzing, and then wondered where the storyline was heading, and was apparently frustrated perhaps with the characters.

Damn, I feel the need to cut out that excess fat with an Occam Razor and get on with a simple conclusion: he doesn't like it, on the basis of the lack of repeated viewing to get the whole picture.

Last edited by sa547; 2011-03-08 at 21:40.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 13:24   Link #1569
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
He does have points, but emphasizes on the negative ones. It's one way to see it, but I disagree with many if not most of the things pointed out. I also don't like how he generalizes some things. And it's apparently needed to mention how Urobuchi is included in this, it only represents his kind of expectations towards this show (that no one cares about). It's like debating about a thread within a thread.
Old 2011-03-08, 13:28   Link #1570
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Quote:
You are right, it's unfair of me to expect others to know who the more questionable people are, and their modus operandi

At least I can hope that people in this subforum can now ignore his ramblings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
Usagi decided to become Sailor Moon when a talking cat walked into her room and gave her a brooch.

Mami decided to become a Magical Girl because she would have died in a car accident if she hadn't.

unfortunately reading comprehension seems to be a lost art.
Old 2011-03-08, 13:32   Link #1571
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
unfortunately reading comprehension seems to be a lost art.
To be fair, english is not my native language, so I can have trouble and I need to reread somethings to check if I have gotten it well. Then in debates I have a tendency to let my temper get the better of me.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 13:40   Link #1572
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:

You can find it here.

All I could think of when reading that was "wow, internet tough guy". I can't really see his pessimism, he's basically acting like a very jaded person who expected one thing and got another. I don't think episode 9 would have changed his mind much. He's way to wrapped up in over-generalizations.

First off, Sayaka. He acts like her breakdown was illogical because she was so strong and mature in early episodes. I thought it was pretty clear that she puts up a self righteous and stubborn front to mask her doubts. She is a character that denies herself the truth until it is forced upon her. She's stupid, she's a fool. She isn't true to herself, but tries to fight for "truth and justice". It's obvious that someone like that will fall hard, fast, and for (to us) the "silliest" of reasons.

Second, Kyouko. I almost agree with him. However Kyouko's actions as a Magical Girl tie directly into Sayaka's fall and her own back story. This of course makes much more sense when you see the episode 9 dialogue. The Soul Gem and Witch revelations shook her up pretty badly, she changed quickly because of Sayaka and how it mirrored herself.

Madoka has changed, just not as noticeably. I'm tired of people jumping on her for being weak and whiny, not doing anything. She has done a lot in the story despite being "normal" compared to everyone else. If you compare the Madoka of the first three or so episodes to now, she is more thoughtful, wiser, and tougher. So she grieves for the loss of her friends, even more now that she realizes why they died. So what? It's hardly something to be ashamed of.

Homura is just getting more desperate. The emotionless uninvolved person who thought she had a handle on things starts becoming more involved and emotional as her mission becomes more difficult. Who'd have thought?

And then of course the blogger bitches about how Yuki's music is tiring, how Gen "could do better", etc. It just reads like someone nitpicking about how they would have done it better but not really offering any explanation of what they'd do.

Honestly people like that blogger are one of the reasons I tend to avoid blogs in the first place.
Old 2011-03-08, 14:04   Link #1573
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Oh I remember that blogger,at least he's credditing Urobuchi with the story, back when he blogged episode 2 he didn't mention Urobuchi anywhere so someone said:

Quote:
Just a note, but Gen Urobuchi is the one writing the script, not Shinbo.
and the blogger replied:

Quote:
He’s writing the script, but he didn’t come up with the original work to begin with. There’s a difference. It’s kind of like the difference between the “Original Character Designer” (Aoki Ume), and the “Character Designer” (Kishida Takahiro).
Also back then he said:

Quote:
What does Shinbo need to do to make Madoka a masterpiece?(...). If he can create a wonderfully optimistic piece out of the pessimism that he’s put in place beginning with these two episodes, I’ll give Madoka the title of masterpiece. At least in my books.
Old 2011-03-08, 14:05   Link #1574
Crontica

Some people should not be blogging in the first place, coupled with not enough anime titles on your belt to make a sound decision about what may appear stupid to newcomers at the time, but reasonable in hindsight.
Old 2011-03-08, 14:13   Link #1575
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace
Honestly people like that blogger are one of the reasons I tend to avoid blogs in the first place.
Different people will always have different opinions on different things. They will talk about here, or at their personal blog, or somewhere else (Twitter or something). As long as you like it (for a good reasonable reason), isn't that the most important ?
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 14:25   Link #1576
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiNoKen View Post
Different people will always have different opinions on different things. They will talk about here, or at their personal blog, or somewhere else (Twitter or something). As long as you like it (for a good reasonable reason), isn't that the most important ?
Hehe, touche. I don't disagree with that. It's just that I find many people who blog write with a degree of opinion that comes across unbalanced. For example this guy, I might have not been so put off by his pessimism if he balanced it with some optimism, or at least some humor. Instead I just felt annoyed at reading a bitch fest from someone who comes across as myopic and self important.
Old 2011-03-08, 14:37   Link #1577
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
LOGH had way more and much bigger holes compare to Madoka - that didn't make LOGH a bad show.
Well LOGH admitted to be full of ignorant and stupid ADULT people doing all sorts of mistakes with technology playing very little in the actual plot.

Madoka is magic-based imposed by an alien race which plans to destroy the world with the power some little girls generate.

Nope, LOGH does a much better job.

Quote:
and nothing of series's value is lost. Those things are all meaningless.
Internal logic hardly is meaningless to me.

Quote:
Madoka has much less amount of these unexplained parts than any other story driven animations I've seen recently.
And which of those recent animations you refer to were not random ecchi comedies or storyless slices of life?

Quote:
You do know how Homura was saving Madoka multiple times just to avoid that situation?
No I don't know. The first time she saved her was in episode 3. Would she normally have become a magic girl there?

Quote:
Haters' haters gonna hate XD. And no, I'm still here to ruin all your lives with my flames and trolls. Seriously, am I that evil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post

Usagi did it to save her friend's life AND indirectly her own. Somewhat the same actually.

/////////////////

And I won't make my own blog when I can just post my hate here XD. Here is my opinions of the show so far.

Spoiler for KEY EVENTS:
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 14:55   Link #1578
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Haters' haters gonna hate XD. And no, I'm still here to ruin all your lives with my flames and trolls. Seriously, am I that evil
You didn't actually watch the show did you.
Old 2011-03-08, 14:56   Link #1579
ruurguy

Quote:
Haters' haters gonna hate XD. And no, I'm still here to ruin all your lives with my flames and trolls. Seriously, am I that evil?
Evil? Nope, but you are a troll I guess from what other people say. I haven't really looked at your posts otherwise, so I'll just argue a few points for now.

Spoiler for Forgot which thread I was in. Replying to roriconfan.:
ruurguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 15:25   Link #1580
Mentar
Banned

Quote:

You can find it here.
Oh sheesh, the Mystlord rant. This was a completely terrible and amazingly oblivious critique of an anime he can't have watched closely. He's wrong on pretty much every development (there were multiple takedowns of his posting here, including one of mine).

Of course, his shotgun approach had a few valid observations (shoot 100 pellets, and 2-3 are gonna hit by default), but overall - especially in his main points - he's been completely off the mark.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen